Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) (106571 Views)

Chris Ngige's Visit To Abia State (Photos) / Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by cjrane: 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
Oga B2Mario,
More ofe owerri to your elbow!
The thread is finally taking shape , thanks to your effort. Thanks a lot!
We need to contribute towards a new camera for you shaa.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
cjrane:
Oga B2Mario,
More ofe owerri to your elbow!
The thread is finally taking shape , thanks to your effort. Thanks a lot!
We need to contribute towards a new camera for you shaa.

Lol, you make me laugh bro. How was the day?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
I've got the new ministry of work block to showcase, fellow Abians hope it's the ministry of work? Lets not misinform people here.

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 10:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
I've not seen Mr. Ngwakwe on this thread, why?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
The same block from another angle

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 10:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
Some roads in the govt layout

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by emmysoftyou: 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Kingsley1000:
Nice pix...Abians are very small on nairaland,i know this thread won't exceed 10pages....
who told u that abians re very small on nairaland?
hav u done the statistics?
abeg dont ever say that again.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
A developing area in the Govt layout. Infact, Ochendo tried for Umuahia.

And i hope the next gov possibly Okezie ikpeazu from Obingwa will work for Aba zone.

It was Orji Uzor kalu that planned and built this Govt layout but Ochendo complimented with more Govt own structures and roads.

I tried to snap the new Govt House under construction but i was restricted. Next time i will try again, i like the finishing of the structures and the premises are very beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
emmysoftyou:
who told u that abians re very small on nairaland?
hav u done the statistics?
abeg dont ever say that again.

bro pls don't object the above statement, Abians are small on Nairaland.

If i may ask, where have you been while i alone have been carrying the burden of Abia?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Supply any picture of Abia you have even if it's from your community or kindred
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by cjrane: 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
B2mario:

Lol, you make me laugh bro. How was the day?

Okay oo! working even on weekend on a project to meet the deadline of my clients.

I am so happy that you have kept your word to showcase the great Abia state! I just read and confirmed that Abia is the only SE state with common borders with every single SE state including 3 SS states of Akwa Ibom,Cross River and Rivers! Wow!, Abia is at the core and so central to anything working out for the SE and indeed SS.
I didn't know that if not for this thread!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 14, 2014
More on umuahia

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 14, 2014
B2mario:

If i may ask, where have you been while i alone have been carrying the burden of Abia?
abians are not small, did you participate in the Nairaland census?

Abians are not just happy with their government and they are not the picture posting type.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 14, 2014
Aba temple

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 14, 2014
More pictures from aba

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 14, 2014
Aba shall be liberated come 2015

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 14, 2014
Aba

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 14, 2014
Still have lot of pictures, thanks to epileptic airtel network I can't upload them now.

Pictures will be uploaded when network improves.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Kingsley1000(m): 6:15am On Dec 14, 2014
Umuahia is a very beautiful city with white sands on the roads...very nice topography.the city lacks good hotels like the one you find in owerri,awka,enugu,steady water supply and stable electricity....my only problem is that market they relocated to ubakala,what are they planning to build there?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2014
B2mario:

Lol @ Burden of Abia. Una no go kill person
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by VoteOkezie2015: 7:39am On Dec 14, 2014
vote okezie, he is an aba boy who knows abia inside out.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 14, 2014
In my life, this is the first place I'm seeing decent pictures from Abia state. Even when I visited

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by VoteOkezie2015: 7:45am On Dec 14, 2014
only okezie can fix abia.

Deplorable. Decrepit. Disgust­ing. Dangerous. These words describe the ugly state of the Ikwuano road in Abia, leading to Akwa Ibom. The road is so bad that mo­torists resort to navigating through bush paths in Isiama Oboro and Ndoro villages. And the village ‘roads’ hardly fare better even as urchins collect toll from drivers driving through their fathers’ land, as they often claim. This is just one of the several bad roads in Abia that may pose danger to indigenes who will want to visit their villag­es this Christmas.

Indeed, driving on the Ikwuano road is like a journey through the valley of the shad­ow of death. Or better still, a suicide mis­sion. It constitutes a grave danger to man and machine. You cannot pass through the route without developing body aches or pains and no vehicle passes their without visiting the mechanic.

The craters are so deep that they can swal­low a vehicle. And when it rains, it turns into a muddy river. Broken down vehicles litter the road even as residents and users of the road lament the trauma they go through daily.

Mr John Kennedy Chika, who uses the road, described it as a death trap. “I am an in­digene of Abia but resident in Calabar, Cross River State. Any time I have cause to travel home, my heart will be pounding in anxiety because of the state of the road, particularly in Ikwuano area. That road is a death trap. Accidents occur there all the time. Ordinarily, it is a journey of about four hours from Ow­erri to Calabar but because of the disgusting state of the road it lasts up to eight hours. If a vehicle breaks down in some areas, you may sleep on the road because it will cause traffic gridlock. I have experienced that before and it was not funny at all. I don’t go to my vil­lage anymore with my car because I spend so much repairing it after any trip with it.”

A driver in a transport company, Mr Steve Dibia corroborated this, saying: “You cannot get used to that road. You cannot tell what will happen on the road and you cannot es­timate the time frame going to Uyo from Umuahia because of the state of the road. In my organisation, drivers can be sent on any route but any time I’m billed to ply the road my mood changes for obvious reasons. Using the Ikwuano road is torture, pure and simple. The state government claims that it is a federal road but why is the Abia portion im­passable? Something is wrong somewhere.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=95203
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by VoteOkezie2015: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2014
vote okezie for change.

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Collynzo9: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2014
VoteOkezie2015:
Yet he couldn't clean up the place he knows so well as head of the environmental sanitation agency.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 14, 2014
VoteOkezie2015:
my friend get lost from here, can't you see we aren't interested in your okezie and his likes?
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by emmysoftyou: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2014
B2mario:

i understand yu...now
But broda,i am not from abia...state....

I think why the abians didnt comment is becos of their present governor is not doing well in abia state...

esp aba...

majority of nairalander from abia state,maybe from aba resident,but due to the bad state of the environment,
Yu dont expect them to comment here...
Yu might be staying in umuahia, and yu ve see what the governor is doing there aesthetically...
So i think few umuahians are in nairaland not abia as a whole.....
Hope u understand me now...

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by emmysoftyou: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2014
abagoro:

Jonathan neglected Aba and much of Southeast and Southsouth. The reason why Dukes investments in Calabar failed os because all roads leading to Calabar are in a mess. It is same with Uyo and Aba. If the FG do their part, then the efforts of the State will be appreciated.

I never claimed Abia has good roads but I claim

Aba is the most industrialised city in Nigeria after Lagos.

Abiriba is the finest village in Igboland

Umuahia comes 3rd amongst State capitals right behind Enugu and Owerri.

Aba is the largest town in the East right after Port Harcourt.

Abia State University is the most beautiful in the East.

Aba has some of the worst roads in the country and these include mostly federal roads and State road.

Aba is the only city with completed power plant solely to serve the city.

Theodore Orji is a disappointment and deliberately neglected Aba because he was pelted with "pure water".

for those who misunderstood him..
Read him again...
nice one abagworo

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by tabletman1: 10:59am On Dec 14, 2014
Kingsley1000:
Umuahia is a very beautiful city with white sands on the roads...very nice topography.the city lacks good hotels like the one you find in owerri,awka,enugu,steady water supply and stable electricity....my only problem is that market they relocated to ubakala,what are they planning to build there?
Umuahia have good and quality roads.
But what I like about Umuahia is that the city is Neat, clean and some how organize.

Some places dey get better light sha... Places like agbama, world bank and low cost.

@Voteikpeazu it will do you good if you stop spamming this thread with your nonsense campaign.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by ICHINONYE(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
Vote thief for Govnor
VoteOkezie2015:
vote okezie for change.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 8:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
customized13:
abians are not small, did you participate in the Nairaland census?

Abians are not just happy with their government and they are not the picture posting type.

No bro, I'm not steady on Nairaland. Atimes may stay up to a month without logging in.
Re: Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) by B2mario(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
cjrane:

Okay oo! working even on weekend on a project to meet the deadline of my clients.

I am so happy that you have kept your word to showcase the great Abia state! I just read and confirmed that Abia is the only SE state with common borders with every single SE state including 3 SS states of Akwa Ibom,Cross River and Rivers! Wow!, Abia is at the core and so central to anything working out for the SE and indeed SS.
I didn't know that if not for this thread!

Yea bro, the information you read is true

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply)

Just Received My Stay At Home Relief Food Items From Edo State Government / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak / South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.