Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! (4348 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Lagos State Shuts Down 24 Religious Outfits For Causing Too Much Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by tanfani: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Is there any authority / regulatory agency that
one can report all these noise making churches
to? God! It's bloody annoying the way these
people shout into their mics and bang their drums
without regard to day or night. What is this?
I'm a Christian mind you.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
grin Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
tanfani:
Please allow them praise God the way they can. If it is genuinely from their heart and love for God, it is not noise-making.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by nomabeeee(f): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
I dnt want to call it noise making..speakers are meant to be inside..not outside the church..in my church,u won't ever know something is happening untill you move vry close to the church building..
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by nomabeeee(f): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
I dnt want to call it noise making but..speakers are meant to be inside..not outside the church..in my church,u won't ever know something is happening untill you move vry close to the church building..
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by tanfani: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valued:

Please allow them praise God the way they can. If it is genuinely from their heart and love for God, it is not noise-making.

so it's ok to make noise and inconvenience others because you want to praise God? That's a terrible orientation. if Satan worshipers were chanting loud all day and all night, not letting you concentrate or sleep in peace, would it still sound ok to you? it's wrong to impose your religion on others in any way
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
tanfani:

so it's ok to make noise and inconvenience others because you want to praise God? That's a terrible orientation. if Satan worshipers were chanting loud all day and all night, not letting you concentrate or sleep in peace, would it still sound ok to you? it's wrong to impose your religion on others in any way
Some of them do not have church bulidings, so they worship outside. The other sunday, a collection was made for a church in one of these war-affected areas. The priest in charge of the church came pleading, that his church members sit on the ground to worship God, but they worship God joyfully...and when people pass and see how united and happy they are worshipping God despite the condition of things, they are drawn and the church is growing

Do you know that an unbeliever can come across a place where people are worshipping God passionately on top of their voice and start having a re-think? He will start wondering what God is doing for them that they are so heartily praising God on the top of their voice, and may be moved by their faith.
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by peteregwu(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
nomabeeee:
I dnt want to call it noise making..speakers are meant to be inside..not outside the church..in my church,u won't ever know something is happening untill you move vry close to the church building..

Your church is a fearful church then. That means even you as a Christian won't be bold. What a pity! When Muslims are shouting my ears down in my area, you are here complaining. Does it mean your church is dead or what? angry

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valued:

Some of them do not have church bulidings, so they worship outside. The other sunday, a collection was made for a church in one of these war-affected areas. The priest in charge of the church came pleading, that his church members sit on the ground to worship God, but they worship God joyfully...and when people pass and see how united and happy they are worshipping God despite the condition of things, they are drawn and the church is growing

Do you know that an unbeliever can come across a place where people are worshipping God passionately on top of their voice and start having a re-think? He will start wondering what God is doing for them that they are so heartily praising God on the top of their voice, and may be moved by their faith.

What is this one saying? Haba, what sort of creatures are these?

I hope you wouldn't mind when other religions start doing same?

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by peteregwu(m): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
tanfani:

I gues the spirit of Antichrist is already working in you. What of the Muslims?

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by okeke00(m): 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2014
its just madness, most of them will mount the megaphones outside the church so that people will hear them. I wonder how they will feel if other religion will do same
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by nomabeeee(f): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
peteregwu:

Your church is a fearful church then. That means even you as a Christian won't be bold. What a pity! When Muslims are shouting my ears down in my area, you are here complaining. Does it mean your church is dead or what? angry
peter u re misunderstanding me..am only advicing that speakers re just placed inside or within the church premises..not outside.
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
hifaif:

What is this one saying? Haba, what sort of creatures are these?

I hope you wouldn't mind when other religions start doing same?
I won't mind, I will admire their boldness. We are all entitled to any religion of our choice.. but as a christian, my own hope will be that people will be drawn to Jesus Christ through me, and no other God

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valued:

I won't mind, I will admire their boldness. We are all entitled to any religion of our choice.. but as a christian, my own hope will be that people will be drawn to Jesus Christ through me, and no other God

That is not boldness. That is disturbance. Such cannot happen here in the US.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
hifaif:

That is not boldness. That is disturbance. Such cannot happen here in the US.
Lol
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by tanfani: 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
peteregwu:

so the power of a church is measured by how much noise and disturbance it can propagate? People like you need reorientation in the scriptures because your mentality on spirituality is flawed
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valued:

Lol

I see that you know. It only happens in countries where there are little regard for the law or for the rights of people.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Ymodulus: 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
This is one prevailing issue every Government needs to take seriously, as the peace of neighborhoods has been snapped by noise-some religious rituals that one wonders why the competition.

In Several place e.g Germany, this trend is illegal and we need to take a second look at this rather sacred but unfortunate part of our lives. If our religious piety actually translates to good citizenship that should be tolerated.

Government should regulate the level of noise that should be allowed through the microphones and speakers. I ask myself if their God is deaf or if these noises produce piety among followers or intended proselytes, if the objective of such loud speakers is to convert listeners. I doubt if that is the case.

In the F.C.T, the construction of worship centers is fast defacing the city and introducing newer dimensions of the abuse of the master-plan of the city-with such worship houses rising where they were not originally planned. Residential plots are being developed into religious neighborhood. The long term implication of this sad development is better imagined. The FCTA Development Control Department must be held accountable for abuse of the Abuja Master-plan

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2014
hifaif:

I see that you know. It only happens in countries where there are little regard for the law or for the rights of people.
I lolled to prevent further arguement. So by your view, it means you're against people who move about with microphones evangelising
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Rilwayne001: 4:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
MzNelly:
grin Seconded!

They don't shout in your church too, or you guys dont use microphone l?
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Ymodulus: 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
hifaif:

It's only an eccentric that will use his or her business,whether church or whatsoever,to disturb other people's sleep. In Nigeria, religion has turned a lot of individuals into mere lunatics by the sort of funny things they believe,do or say.

How can any sane person just decide to disturb the peace of his of her neighbors whether at night or daytime. We just need to get civilized in Nigeria.

No one, I mean no one, dares disturb others peace for whatever reason in most advanced countries. If it ever happens, it just need one call to the police and they will rush down to seal off the nuisance premises in a jiffy.

It's high time people in the developing world realized that, though they have every right to practice whatever they believe in, yet they have the responsibility to respect and desist from disturbing others with their businesses.

O!! i wish i had my way as the Minister of Environment.
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Rilwayne001: 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2014

See ehn @OP.

I don't know how you feel, because there aint church in my hood. even though i do hear them shout "holy ghost fire" sometimes in the middle of the night...thats only if i av a sleepless night.
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valued:

I lolled to prevent further arguement. So by your view, it means you're against people who move about with microphones evangelising
Let me ask you. Do you agree that the use of force is a good way to convince anybody or the use of force a bad way?
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
Reyginus:
Let me ask you. Do you agree that the use of force is a good way to convince anybody or the use of force a bad way?
The use of force is bad. Does public evangelisation with microphone involve the use of force? Are you not allowed to walk pass if you don't want to listen? Jesus Christ gave the great commission Himself to go into the world and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
Ymodulus:

It's only an eccentric that will use his or her business,whether church or whatsoever,to disturb other people's sleep. In Nigeria, religion has turned a lot of individuals into mere lunatics by the sort of funny things they believe,do or say.

How can any sane person just decide to disturb the peace of his of her neighbors whether at night or daytime. We just need to get civilized in Nigeria.

No one, I mean no one, dares disturb others peace for whatever reason in most advanced countries. If it ever happens, it just need one call to the police and they will rush down to seal off the nuisance premises in a jiffy.

It's high time people in the developing world realized that, though they have every right to practice whatever they believe in, yet they have the responsibility to respect and desist from disturbing others with their businesses.

O!! i wish i had my way as the Minister of Environment.

Exactly, bro. There are a lot of raving lunatics everywhere. Disturbing the peace of sane people. They ought to be thrown in gaol.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by tanfani: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2014
The part that kills me is when they get all "my pastor said " or "daddy said " .... wherever you confront them. they can't even think for themselves. the one in my area do vigil every night and they make noise really.... I mean really loud. they still do day service o..
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

They don't shout in your church too, or you guys dont use microphone l?

Yes. grin
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Valued:

Not that I mind those ones. They move about so one needs only to tolerate them for a few minutes. But I can't tolerate those ones that hold vigils or church services and disturb people with their loudspeakers and madness (I am sorry for my language).

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
Valued:

The use of force is bad. Does public evangelisation with microphone involve the use of force? Are you not allowed to walk pass if you don't want to listen? Jesus Christ gave the great commission Himself to go into the world and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Very good. She is ready.

Next question. When you talk to a person loud and also know that there are some people who are hurt by the decibel of sound you are emitting, is it a right thing to do?
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
Reyginus:
Very good. She is ready.

Next question. When you talk to a person loud and also know that there are some people who are hurt by the decibel of sound you are emitting, is it a right thing to do?
Who will you respect more? God or man?
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2014
Valued:

Who will you respect more? God or man?
God. Is God or Jesus in support of disturbance as a way to convert people?
Re: Churches And Their Annoying Noise Making!! by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2014
Reyginus:

Not only force, they also use spit. Even inside a public transport. This is so annoying when you guys pay the same transport fare oo. They won't even care if you are a christian or muslim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

(Photo)gospel Singer Sinach With Pastor Chris's Cute Daughters Pictured Together / Yookos Christian Who Smoke W E E D / Heaven Or Hell; Where Would U Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.