Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka (4381 Views)

Obiano Launches “ Operation Wipe-Out Mosquitoes ” In Anambra - Photos / Anambra Cashless As Obiano Launches POS For IGR Collection / Obiano Launches Anambra Daily Road Sweepers, 300 Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by donmalcolm21(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
In a bold move to give the three leading cities of Anambra State an outlook of modernity and shore up their social index, the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has launched three landmark initiatives that will change the face of the State.
The initiatives are the Anambra State City Cab Scheme, Operation Clean & Healthy Anambra (OCHA Brigade) and the Anambra State Traffic Management Agency (ATMA). Although Anambra State with its three major cities and pockets of urbanizing towns is the most developed state in the South East, residents have always complained of the absence of organized intra and inter-city taxis that will facilitate the movement of commuters inside and between the cities.
Launching the first phase of the Cab Scheme with 200 taxis at the Alex Ekwueme Square at the weekend, Governor Obiano explained that the idea was to ensure that the state would have an effective transportation system that would lift it into a world class business environment.
He further maintained that the introduction of the Cab Scheme is expected to slash the unemployment rate and eventually contribute to a growth in the Internally Generated Revenue of the state.
揟he City Cab Scheme is aimed at empowering the youths of Anambra by offering them an opportunity to own brand new taxi cabs via a hire purchase scheme,� he revealed, further pointing out that the scheme has a 24 hours call centre for residents to call the operators for pick-ups at any time of day or night. www.elombah.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by sexyedjutto: 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2014
Nyc developement
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2014
Kudos for his foresight, waiting for more to be done.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by donmalcolm21(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
Obiano is the best thing that has happened to Anambra.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by doctokwus: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
Y not mass transit wt modern buses as in brt or lagbus in Lagos. The cost of this taxi will likely make it affordable only to d middle class,aside d fact it can only take a maximum of 4 passengers at a time.
I long for a situation where comfortable buses wud b available to take passengers from one of d 3 major cities of Onitsha/awka/nnewi to each oda via transit thru smaller towns;and to see dem ply even at nite.This nite schedule say up to 9pm wud open up these places to more commerce,job opportunities and social life for the people
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Dejohnbull: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
I was expecting to see ivm fox or uzo.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Descartes: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat and master Strategist

Indeed Anambra Adigo Mma!! cool
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by nuelsylves(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
doctokwus:
Y not mass transit wt modern buses as in brt or lagbus in Lagos. The cost of this taxi will likely make it affordable only to d middle class,aside d fact it can only take a maximum of 4 passengers at a time.
I long for a situation where comfortable buses wud b available to take passengers from one of d 3 major cities of Onitsha/awka/nnewi to each oda via transit thru smaller towns;and to see dem ply even at nite.This nite schedule say up to 9pm wud open up these places to more commerce,job opportunities and social life for the people

Am seeing those modern buses packed @ govt. Lodge Amawbia whenever am passing through that route...., I hope he will distribute them sooner enough.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Collynzo9: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
doctokwus:
[s]Y not mass transit wt modern buses as in brt or lagbus in Lagos. The cost of this taxi will likely make it affordable only to d middle class,aside d fact it can only take a maximum of 4 passengers at a time.
I long for a situation where comfortable buses wud b available to take passengers from one of d 3 major cities of Onitsha/awka/nnewi to each oda via transit thru smaller towns;and to see dem ply even at nite.This nite schedule say up to 9pm wud open up these places to more commerce,job opportunities and social life for the people[/s]
This is absolute trash.
Taxis have an advantage over buses in the sense that they take less time to fill up and move.
Since when did taxis become an exclusive preserve of the middle class?
Taxis all over the world move at night, so I have no idea what you are on about, it is even clearly written in the article that they will be available 24 hours.
Some of you just criticise for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Collynzo9: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
Dejohnbull:
Innoson isn't producing enough quantity of cars yet. He needs expansion. The last time he launched just 500 cars, most of which have been booked for already.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by donmalcolm21(m): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
IVM taxis are on the way
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by basilo101: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Collynzo9:

This is absolute trash.
Taxis have an advantage over buses in the sense that they take less time to fill up and move.
Taxis all over the world move at night, so I have no idea what you are on about, it is even clearly written in the article that they will be available 24 hours.
as 4 me i dnt see wat he said as trash. Bt wat i hav to say is dat taxi and buses r nt mutually exclusive. Dia4 as we praise him 4 d taxi we will remind him of d need 4 buses, jst lyk d coal city buses in Enugu
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by doctokwus: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
Collynzo9:

This is absolute trash.
unlike u am not an unrepentant sycophant for any govt or governor. I just gave my opinion from my view of how taxi services work.If taxi services work dat well,y are govts in advanced countries of d world still investing heavily in mass transit schemes?
U claim d taxis wud run 24hrs.I hope and wish so because a round d clock transport network in anambra's 3 major hubs wud transform d entire state in more ways dan imagined because nite life in many Nigerian States are virtually non existent or @best stops by 8pm.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Slimchase(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
From Obi to Obiano, from Agulu to agulueri. Anambra adigo mma....... Carry-go Obiano ! Carry-go Akpokuedike ndi Igbo !!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Abagworo(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
Slimchase:
From Obi to Obiano, from Agulu to agulueri. Anambra adigo mma....... Carry-go Obiano ! Carry-go Akpokuedike ndi Igbo !!!!

Remove Obi. Obiano is a good man with good plans. However he should not allow Government run businesses or they will serve as avenue for milking the State.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by dachpee(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
Why not promote IVM
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by AbumMaazi: 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
Dejohnbull:

Myself also. All turnedout to be Nissan automobiles. I wonder when our government will learn to promote M.I.Ng product.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by AbumMaazi: 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
donmalcolm21:
IVM taxis are on the way

How do you know??
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by AbumMaazi: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Collynzo9:

This is absolute trash.

I think your comment looks more trashy than his. Your comment was borne out of complete ignorance of the situation on ground. Doctorkwus' is that of truth which is indeed a reality.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obiano is a phool

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
Abagworo:

Remove Obi. Obiano is a good man with good plans. However he should not allow Government run businesses or they will serve as avenue for milking the State.

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by asadike(f): 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obiano ndi igbo, dalu . Ndi igbo are solidly behind u. Pls keep d good work going.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by AbumMaazi: 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
doctokwus:
The mass transit scheme has been launched and began operations on Valentine's day. It is indeed a step in the right direction. Here's a link to the news update... http://www.channelstv.com/2015/02/07/obiano-launches-new-state-mass-transit-buses/
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
[s][/s]
Descartes:
Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat and master Strategist

Indeed Anambra Adigo Mma!! cool
[s][/s]

Pls he is the Executive Governor of Anambra State, not a traditional ruler of this town.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by kay1one2(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
Which road will they ply? Onitsha-awka rd is the worst in nigeria! And I've been around! Last I was on that road was nov last year!
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2015
Abagworo:

Sorry, why should he remove Obi?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
kay1one2:
Which road will they ply? Onitsha-awka rd is the worst in nigeria! And I've been around! Last I was on that road was nov last year!

I think you mean Enugu-Onitsha express route though the Old road of same Enugu-Onitsha is very good and motorable...
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by oweniwe(m): 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
But the transport companies.....

Ekwulobia, eastern as doing just fine...

Why not buy new buses and give d companies on hire purchase basis?
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by kay1one2(m): 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I think you mean Enugu-Onitsha express route though the Old road of same Enugu-Onitsha is very good and motorable...

The awkwuzu- tarzan axis of that road is bad. I.e the early part of it closest to onitsha. The later aspects might be manageable! The awka -enugu axis is also bad. I know because I drove that route alot when workinģ in the east.

The old road is way too thin.
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
Abagworo:

You again?
Guess what ? Obi isn't done with Rochas yet. By the time we are done with your clueless governor he will relocate back to the north. Rochas will always be afraid to of Obi until he apologises. Why is he always running from meeting Obi face to face?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by oweniwe(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

you'll be amazed that 80% of d drivers that ply the road dont know about the bypass alternative lying paralel to the expressway
Re: Obiano Launches Intercity Taxi To Link Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
kay1one2:

The awkwuzu- tarzan axis of that road is bad. I.e the early part of it closest to onitsha. The later aspects might be manageable! The awka -enugu axis is also bad. I know because I drove that route alot when workinģ in the east.

The old road is way too thin.

Old road too thin? Not as broad as the express way but not too thin to me...I don't know why CCC and the other company has been too slow on that job...maybe government's fault or litigations or from the companies... don't really know why...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Are The People My Cabinet Would Be Made Up Of - Buhari / Read What Buhari Told Jonathan During The Secret Meeting (August 2015) / Official Ondo State Governorship Election Result By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.