Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition (4419 Views)

Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread / Checkmate Competition- Group 1 Collaboration Thread / Writers' Checkmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2014
Divepen:

For now let us restrict to at most 1500 words...
And let us first post it here.. So that we will correct it together before posting on a nre new thread so that we dont present ourselves as Mediocres...
Let us start immediately...
No Guideline than the above
ok thanks,I will update later in the evening.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Divepen:
Name Of Registered Members
Names-------- Score
1. Divepen- 0
2. Ghostlady-0
3. Stuff46-0
4.Queennelly-0
5. Levuls-0
6.Mescopaul- 0
so let's begin guys,whenever you are ready,you can start writing your story....don't wait for anybody,pleaseee
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 10:46am On Dec 20, 2014
What's happening to this thread? Where are we? Divepen, Ghostlady.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2014
OMA4U:
What's happening to this thread? Where are we? Divepen, Ghostlady.
dunno,I think this thread have being abandoned dear....divepen is kinda busy for now......embarassed
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Names-------- Score
1. Divepen- 0
2. Ghostlady-0
3. Stuff46-0
4.Queennelly-0
5. Levuls-0
6.Mescopaul- 0
7. Champion001- 0
Oma4u, are you planning to join us....
Story to Write.
Theme: The Role Of Education In Our Daily Lives.
Time: 26-28
MAX. Words- 800
Penalty For Defaulting: -5 Marks
Goodluck as you write..
New Members are welcomed.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Champion001: 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
I, Champion001, register.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Champion001:
I, Champion001, register.
Welcome Baba.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by LEvuls(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
Divepen:
Names-------- Score
1. Divepen- 0
2. Ghostlady-0
3. Stuff46-0
4.Queennelly-0
5. Levuls-0
6.Mescopaul- 0
7. Champion001- 0
Oma4u, are you planning to join us....
Story to Write.
Theme: The Role Of Education In Our Daily Lives.
Time: 26-28
MAX. Words- 800
Penalty For Defaulting: -5 Marks
Goodluck as you write..
For me the timing aint proper, its feastic season...parties here and there i can barely make out time write anything please can we move it up to january
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
LEvuls:

For me the timing aint proper, its feastic season...parties here and there i can barely make out time write anything please can we move it up to january
I totally agree with you dear...we should start fully by january...smiley
Hope u having fun?

1 Like

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by LEvuls(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ghostlady:
I totally agree with you dear...we should start fully by january...smiley
Hope u having fun?
No am not having fun its actually FUN thats having me grin

gosh! there cant be a better last year for me....would i say this year is a blast here well i ll wait till the end though it seems endless............

*fungalore*

brb#NL#NY
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2014
LEvuls:

Okay..
Then you have to give the date...
Cc- Ghostlady
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Divepen, I don't understand the topic. Is it an essay or what?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 27, 2014
OMA4U:
Divepen, I don't understand the topic. Is it an essay or what?
It is the theme of our story...
You can name your story anything
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Mescopaul(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2014
LEvuls:

I agree wif you bro, January shud be the most suitable time.
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Mescopaul(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2014
LEvuls:

I agree wif you bro, January shud be the most suitable time. ..and pls the timing wouldn't be a week into January..
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by OMA4U(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2014
Divepen:

It is the theme of our story...
You can name your story anything

Okay. Thanks boss.

Any deadline?
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2014
OMA4U:

Okay. Thanks boss.

Any deadline?
Members are saying that we should start in January
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
compliment
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 10, 2015
hello, everyone we are not extending the time again. Work starts in earnest from monday.tag:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::1. Divepen- 0
2. Ghostlady-0
3. Stuff46-0
4.Queennelly-0
5. Levuls-0
6.Mescopaul- 0
7. Champion001- 0
8.Oma4u-0
9. Pweetidamsel-0
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2015
Story to Write.
Theme: The Role Of Education In Our
Daily Lives.
Date of submission: 12-15 January,2015
MAX. Words- 800
Penalty For Defaulting: -5 Marks:::
Goodluck as you write..
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
Interview
Daniel Ogooluwa looked at his wristwatch for the umpteenth time as he looked about him in the reception. His feet was dancing-or rather, he was shaking it- as he expects the secretary to call on him anytime.
He is a 24-year-old man, who had just graduated from the University Of Lagos with a first class.
He knew he would get the job, what else do the company wants. He had made sure he was always the best at everything he did.
He made sure he got the best score in every courses, and that was why he really cried the day he got lower that 70 in one of his courses.
Daniel checked the wristwatches again; it was a Rolex which was given to him as a gift by one of the ladies he thought a work she did not know.
'Daniel Oghoholuwa', the secretary called, pronouncing his surname 'Ogooluwa' with the accent of one from the eastern part of Nigeria.
Daniel stood up. She pointed the way to him, but he did not need it as he had already started moving towards the direction of the room. He fear what he would meet. This was his first interview; the first since he was born.
He opened the door, and felt like running back when he saw the eyes of the people seated behind a big black desk. Four people- three men and a woman whose disposition can make any (emotionally) weak man pee- were there waiting for him to come inside.
He dragged his feet as he moved to the wooden chair that was placed at the side of the desk he was standing.
Blood was draining away from his head and were moving slowly towards his legs. He needed to sit down, and so he sat down.
The interviewers looked at themselve in an amused way, and this made Daniel happy; he was happy that he had done things that had made is interviewers happy.
' Welcome', the woman started as the others seems to be short of words.
' Mr...' She picked up his CV,' Daniel Ogooluwa'.
' Thanks ma'.
' Please sell yourself'.
At first Daniel thought it was a compliment and was expecting her to continue what she was saying but she did not talk; instead she rested back in her chair, a pen dangling furiously in between her teeth.
Daniel blinked, and wondered what she meant. Sell? Sell?
Blood were flushing out of his face, and he couldn't breathe well neither could he stop blinking. He felt the cold air of the Air condition blowing his face, and he wasn't sure if he had not become permeable because he seems to catch cold.
' Sell... Sell myself?' Daniel asked pushing himself to the edge of the chair he was sitting on, and that one screeched.
' Yes... I said sell yourself', the strict woman affirmed.
Daniel swallowed as he nodded.
' I don't understand you'.
' Okay... What she was trying to say is that you should tell us about yourself- something like that' said a man whose tie refused to go lower than the third button of his shirt.
Daniel tried to say all he could, then
' What leadership position have you held before?' The woman asked again.
Daniel did not know when he rested his back on the arm chair, and sighed.

' None...ma'.

They asked other questions, and told him they would get back to him; however, he did not receive any call for them.

Later, he went to other interviews but he still was not called, and this made wondered what was wrong.

At this trying time, Daniel recalled those days he detested politics;leadership; all religion and the rest, now he is in for it.

He had limited Education to just studying work alone, now he had to face the consequence.

Three years later, he got a job at a small pure water company and from there he started his education,

1 Like

Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
I Pweetidamsel register
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pweetidamsel:
I Pweetidamsel register
Welcome...
Now...Drop your story and let us work on it together
Re: Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition by Mescopaul(m): 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
Very busy oo, won't have time to write ooo, oh why meee!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Short Story Contest / My Name Is Obum: A Sad Story / Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.