Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead (4410 Views)

Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" / Sule Egya Wins 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize For Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by frankiriri(m): 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2007
Hey lovers of pacesetters series.
Ace novelist Mohammed Sule is dead.
He wrote such thrilling novels as 'Undesirable element' and 'The infamous act'
He was aged 50.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2007

Even Kalu Okpi of NTA wasn't old when he passed away.

If you have a detailed biography and photograph, do post them.
Re: Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by frankiriri(m): 12:59am On Feb 16, 2007
Oh my God.
Didnt know Kalu was dead oh. He was my favourite pacessetter author.
Loved all his books.
Its really sad
Re: Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by Bishop(m): 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2007

i was a great lover of paceseters,while in school we had this book mostly as companion,i wonder why the series was allowed to die just like that,
There is one i read and cant remeber the title.i think it was written by Obiagele or so,abt a 2 young loverswho were so much in love ,the man gets  a schorlarship and dumps the woman marries a white woman but thier marraige fails,he comes back to nigeria a wrecked man,gets a job in a school,where he meets his former girlfriend as the head techer,now happily married.

I need to remember this book
Re: Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 24, 2007
RIP
The undesirable element was a great read.
Re: Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by Ndipe(m): 3:57am On Feb 25, 2007
May his soul rest in peace. Though I have a vague idea on the storyline of the Undesirable element, I liked "The infamous act". That was the story of a self-made man, who had acquired riches through hardwork, but was haunted by a secret, that his wife, hajiya Maryam, found out, after he died. Interesting read.
Re: Mohammed Sule- Author Of Infamous Act - Is Dead by Ndipe(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
It wasnt a white woman that he married in that novel. I think it was an African American woman or an Ethiopian woman. And the marriage derailed when he found out that she was a divorcee. They eventually got a divorce and then he returned back to Nigeria and got a job at the very same school that his former girlfriend whom he dumped, was, I think, the headteacher. And she forgave him when he apologized. I dont remember the name of the novel.

Bishop:

i was a great lover of paceseters,while in school we had this book mostly as companion,i wonder why the series was allowed to die just like that,
There is one i read and cant remeber the title.i think it was written by Obiagele or so,abt a 2 young loverswho were so much in love ,the man gets  a schorlarship and dumps the woman marries a white woman but thier marraige fails,he comes back to nigeria a wrecked man,gets a job in a school,where he meets his former girlfriend as the head techer,now happily married.

I need to remember this book

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For All Story Lovers ; "The Man I Married" / Short Story Contest / Secret Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.