Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? (4964 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! / Is It Acceptable For A Woman To Keep Male Friends After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by hotangel2(f): 2:50am On Aug 26, 2006
I dont know about women, but i don't find it acceptable.

All these women that find it acceptable, are just lying.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by Akolawole(m): 2:57am On Aug 26, 2006
Quote from Bhola

The question is, why would a wealthy woman marry a younger woman for her husband. That is a misery to me too. I mean, why get married in the first place, if you can't fulfil the duties of a wife. I think, most women that do so, are either lazy or they don't have respect for the marriage institution.

I do not find it acceptable and I can never, ever, be in a polygamous marriage. It is me, me and me alone. Not, first wife, not second wife, ONLY wife. Most people will argue that there are more female than male, so polygamy is allowed, simply BS.

Softly Bhola grin
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by chinani(f): 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Soulpatrol

what if the child say s/he doesnt want any new baby disrupting the "family system like that" grin "mummy i don't want a new baby again take it away shocked
hey mummy u better tell daddy to use a condom or else ; angry
Completely different issue. Polygamy & marriage are adult issues. A child, while affected, doesn't have decision making power in (over) these adult relationships. We are discussing adult decisions and how they affect adult relationships. What is your own opinion?
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:48pm On Aug 27, 2006
if you noticed i was cheeckily replying directly to soulpatrol's offtopic

I gave my opinion earlier on, i dont have to be a woman to know they dont accept it but in the nigerian context it still happens though descreasing- no decrease in the number of women having relationship with married men though
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by chinani(f): 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2006
@LoverBwoy
Oic. Sorry, o! I feel foolish. embarassed
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by spikedcylinder: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
LoverBwoy:

no decrease in the number of women having relationship with married men though[/sub]

Yea honey,how about the men having relationships with married women?are they justified because they are men?
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by dakmanzero(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2006
Nope

But at the end of the day it depends on the moral standards of both parties.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by spikedcylinder: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2006
Who dictates these "moral standards" anyway?
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by dakmanzero(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2006
GOD ALMIGHTY.

And DON'T question that. The penalty for blasphemy is hellfire. Better be careful and repent your sins.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by spikedcylinder: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2006
LOL!!!dont even get me started on that dmz! grin
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by fabisco(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2006
Re: Polygamy: Do women Really Find It Acceptable

All those girls shouting never, lailai, are hypocritical or not yet of marriageable age.when the time comes, some of them will seek to be third wives and they won't still make it. The christian bible has said that seven women will seek to hang onto one man. The prophesy is already coming true. So, girls take your chance and forget side talks. Unless u hav vowed to remain a miserable and childless spinster throughout your life.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by iice(f): 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2006
Being a spinster does not automatically translate to misery. All that talk of prophesy i ddnt get too and nothing about hypocrasy when ladies of today say they can never share a man. You can go ahead and marry many ladies if you want, when you dont wake up the next day you will know how emotionally different women are from men esp in a world where the 'woman' is gaining power
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by soulpatrol(f): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2006
tell it to him iice. these men think that if a woman doesnt have a man it translates into being miserable! what crock!! so because men are fewer in number than women, we should stick to whatever we have? even if it means settling for less? even if it means the guy has 20 wives and is a douche bag? i think not! men have been given way too much freedom right from time thats why they see themselves as all that. its a wonder many women are turning into lesbians. goes to show youre not needed all that much angry

sorry to go off topic cool
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by iice(f): 3:38am On Aug 29, 2006
soulpatrol:

tell it to him iice. these men think that if a woman doesnt have a man it translates into being miserable! what crock!! so because men are fewer in number than women, we should stick to whatever we have? even if it means settling for less? even if it means the guy has 20 wives and is a douche bag? i think not! men have been given way too much freedom right from time thats why they see themselves as all that. its a wonder many women are turning into lesbians. goes to show youre not needed all that much angry
Well said soulpatrol
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by mairodi(f): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2006
I am 47 years old and I dont want to share my husband. Some will say its better for the man to bring the woman in the house because he will still be cheating on you out there. I feel that such a man will never be satisfied, thats why he keeps on bringing more woman home as wives. I rather have a man who will cheat but respect my feelings by not bringing the woman in my face. Its must be extremely painful to look at the woman your husband is sleeping with. I feel most women are forced to accept other wives because they fear the husband's might leave them. Men do not undestand how painful it is for a woman .Even if the wives pretend to love each other, there is always an element of jealosy. I had a friend whose husband took another wife. She said she would only be nice to the junior wife if her husband did not go to (the junior wife's) bedroom. She said if her husband went to the junior wife, the senior wife would give her hell. I do not support men taking multiple wives. If they contract AIDS, they all die. Some of these wives have boyfriends on the side. One wife is enough!!!!
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by spikedcylinder: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2006
iice:

Being a spinster does not automatically translate to misery. All that talk of prophesy i ddnt get too and nothing about hypocrasy when ladies of today say they can never share a man. You can go ahead and marry many ladies if you want, when you don't wake up the next day you will know how emotionally different women are from men esp in a world where the 'woman' is gaining power

I couldnt possibly put it better myself!
People(some men especially) dont seem to realise how fast the world is changing and how the expression "its a man's world"is used by fewer and fewer people.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by mochafella(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2006
soulpatrol:

its a wonder many women are turning into lesbians. goes to show youre not needed all that much angry

What would you say about gays and them not needing women then? and erm are you one of those many women? cheesy
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by chinani(f): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2006
Quit being noisy Mocha. tongue
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by soulpatrol(f): 4:19am On Sep 01, 2006
thanks chinani grin mochafella, im not a lesbian, im just waiting for you! grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by chinani(f): 4:37am On Sep 01, 2006
Np, Soul. Me thinks Mocha is just fishing for girlfriends. grin
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by mochafella(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2006
soulpatrol:

mochafella, im not a lesbian, im just waiting for you! grin grin grin
u for talk that wan b4, how about I slide on up and patrol ur soul for a minute? cheesy grin

chinani:

Np, Soul. Me thinks Mocha is just fishing for girlfriends. grin
Sshhh, I'm busy. tongue
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by soulpatrol(f): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2006
@ mocha. patrol my soul for a minute ehn? that quick? mmm i think ill just go to the other team. hey chinani want to hook up? grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by mochafella(m): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2006
soulpatrol:

patrol my soul for a minute ehn? that quick? mmm i think ill just go to the other team. hey chinani want to hook up?
Running away, scared of what I might unleash within your soul? have no fear, I'm no evil troll. cheesy grin

Besides the other team doesn't go that way, might be wrong though undecided, I fear those H-town people.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by chinani(f): 12:12am On Sep 02, 2006
Anytime Soul. wink

Mocha, shh! Now it's your time for quiet. cool
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by iice(f): 3:36am On Sep 02, 2006
laughing ma friggin butt off grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by momoney1(m): 6:27am On Sep 02, 2006
polygamy is mostly not in the beging plan of a marriage. outside some culture and religion that supports it. women force their selves into already existing families/homes through different means like, getting pregnant for a family man, and even through fetish means all because he's rich, or you don't beleive you will have a man to marry after that period of time in your life. even the men fall for all these just because they want to taste the life of the player after marriage.

well, my Gfather is a polygamist and i know the impact it created among the children(my Dad and the rest)- it's just too [color=#990000]NEGETIVE[/color].

I'll say, those women who forces their selves into other people's families/homes, take your selves to be there before others coming to join you how it feels. every wife is a beatiful woman for her husband and will not want other women to share her lovely husband with her. she is proud and jealous i go vex oooh, so don't even go close. it's a warning from me grin grin

as for the cultural and religeous angles, one already knows the laws so is ready for such in the future
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by Busta(f): 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2006
iice:

Being a spinster does not automatically translate to misery. All that talk of prophesy i ddnt get too and nothing about hypocrasy when ladies of today say they can never share a man. You can go ahead and marry many ladies if you want, when you don't wake up the next day you will know how emotionally different women are from men esp in a world where the 'woman' is gaining power
word!
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by soulpatrol(f): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2006
@ chinani. grin booooooo, mocha
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by babazak(m): 3:38am On Sep 03, 2006
not at all!!!
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by eselove(f): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2006
If the persons involved in polygamous marriages were to be honest, I'm sure they ll confess that they regret the decisions they made to do so. Except for the very selfish ones who benefits from such marriages,all others would agree that no body loves to share 'that special person' with someone else. If you exclude religious & traditional beliefs from some persons mind, they will tell you that its a BITTER pill to swallow. It's not a healthy environment for ANY family. I think every man should take a thought on how it hurts to share their woman with another man before they decide to bring another woman into the home because when they do so, it stops being a marriage but the achievements of a VERY selfish man. We have a solution to every exception.Think smart, keep your home intact and be a happy man.
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by babonboard(f): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2006
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable? by spikedcylinder: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2006
eh eh eh @ chinani and soulpatrol and booooooo @ mocha!

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Am I Treating My Wife Like This� / All Glory To God,my Wife Delivered A Baby Girl /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.