Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,494 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village (757 Views)

Why Do Women Always Think They Have The Monopoly Of Disgracing Men ? / We Have Divorced Nd Now He Wants To Take The Kids To Village For Xmas Holiday. / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by rattlesnake(m): 10:31am On Dec 08, 2014
My uncle who I grew up with retired two months ago and he has been crying villa villa since

All effort to tell him to stay back in Lagos has proven abortive

This is a man who owns houses in Lagos and ondo...who has travelled far and wide suddenly insisting on going to the village to "settle" im scared if he moves back to villa they will use him as kilishi....

Please what can I do undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by Rapsainot(m): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2014
The cost of living is low in those rural areas maybe
Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by remsonik(f): 10:42am On Dec 08, 2014
He will probably find more people within his age range to relate with. Also most adults prefer the calm in the villa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by wierdpsycho: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2014
** The village provides better atmospheric condition free of exhausts, factories, and all that
** The village houses more people of his age grade
** The village brings him closer to the scenery of nature, as he enters the last phase of life
** The village brings him certain peace and quiet, devoid of the hustle and bustle of the city
** Finally the village brings him to his roots, his origin, his ancestors, himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
Not all of them o.
I know some wey no gree go home.
Infact,they built their retirement house in d city.
Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by tobechi74: 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
It is a taboo to die in a foreign land

1 Like

Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by breathless(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2014
That's where they get buried. He's in the last phase of his life.
When you get there, you'll understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by KanwuliaJara: 1:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Less hassles! kiss
Re: Why Do Retirees Always Think Of Moving To Village by Nobody: 3:46am On Dec 09, 2014
Let him go,he deserves it..

Life in Lagos is hellish,it not meant to be lived permanently,but to stay short,make money,and move to the village.

If I have my way,I won't stay in Lagos,but daily bread is forcing me to stay.

(1) (Reply)

Gunman In Canada Kills Eight People Then Commits Suicide / Advice For Single Ladies On How To Spot The "Marriageable " Guy / 8 Funny Reasons Not To Have Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.