Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why The Religious Rhetoric? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Religious Rhetoric? (630 Views)

The Religious Mind? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Religious Rhetoric? by PastorAIO: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASnWhwzL-Y&index=7&list=UUfvNrrg2yltepcCD9fl1y5Q

Brothers and Sisters, I want us to watch the video above and then answer certain questions. Abeg there is a lot of tribalistic things said against ibos, but that is not the direction I want to go in. Rather the question I want to ask is:

Why is the police man using so much christian Rhetoric? Is it because the police man is himself religious or do you think he is being cynical?

Personally I think that he demonstrates his facility with the bible because he is well acquainted with Nigerian thieves and criminals and he knows that their criminality is either drawn from their religion or at least they use religion to cover up their criminality.

I have noted that the rise of Crime in Nigeria in the 80s coincided with the rise of born again Christianity. There is an undeniable link.

I would even go so far as to say that christianity as practiced in nigeria today is the greatest evil that has ever afflicted us. It it is smoothly paved road to total perdition.

We are noted for it around the world. Me personally whenever I meet somebody and the person makes a big deal about being a christian, the first thing I do is check my wallet to make such that all my things are still with me. They are thieves!! Too many times I've been duped by someone who used being christian as a foil for their nefarious activities.

Now all over the world as soon as you mention christianity and you're black people start to look at you like you're a criminal.

I tire o!
Re: Why The Religious Rhetoric? by plaetton: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2014
That is why I feel nausea whenever a Christian talks about sin, morality and their privilege of being saved.

I also feel that Christianity in Nigeria, Pentecostal Christianity, is the most destructive agent in present day Nigeria.

I recently met someone who had committed a crime for which he was sentenced to 15yrs in prison. But due to a legal technicality, he was released.
According to this guy, it was a miracle that only god could have done, even though he admitted to commiting the crime. He went on and on about how good god is and how much god loved him so much as to let him get away with a serious crime for which many many others were serving their Sentences.

Once again, it made me agonize about the silliness and dangers of Christianity on the moral and ethical fabrics of our nation.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Religious Rhetoric? by tobechi74: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2014
Question for the gods
Re: Why The Religious Rhetoric? by PastorAIO: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2014

(1) (Reply)

What Makes 2014 Unique/flash Back In 2014 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/01/15 / Scientist Have Discovered Goliaths Skull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.