Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1148339 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
lakusi:

U can't travel with ur family almost immediately U are going to study. The V.O I met today enlightened me more on different ways U can get into Canada. This same issue came up and the V.O addressed it by saying its advisable U invite your family after settling down for a while.

Please when U are in ... U can file in for ur family members #My2cents wink

@snappyfingaz 1. Please how long did it take U to get an admission decision from Uni of Regina
2. Is it advisable my referees jux send the completed recommendation form to graddocs@uregina.ca just like I attached my unofficial documents in a mail to the above address. Thanks alot.

Lmao. V.O you met indeed. Make una nor de carry yan here abeg. My admission with UofR took a week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jaylinaaa(f): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hola mi amigos, como estas?

Like Tsola said, school here is quite demanding. But I trust my naija people. It's in our blood. Nothing is too big for us. Lol.

Anyway, Victoria is great so far. The weather is amazing. The coldest it gets is 7degrees which is a piece of cake compared to other places. And University of Victoria is another story. Campus is beautiful, serene and just really nice and it also has a good ranking in Canada so you might want to check it out.

Ain't nobody gat time for -28degrees weather. That being said, I hail all of you in those places. You guys are the strongest! grin

Just stopped by to say hello and if you need information on the awesomeness that is Victoria or B.C in general, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Mas tarde.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
jaylinaaa:

Just stopped by to say hello and if you need information on the awesomeness that is Victoria or B.C in general, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Mas tarde.

my Victorian Lady...The weather there was one of the reasons i opted for Royal Roads in victoria aside from the fact that it is a great and good school where malawi's female president Joyce Banda graduated from....make VO sha give me TRV make i go Canny town. God dey and pass them.....

Plus this movie 'X-men castle' was filmed at the university.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
H guys, pls how soon can you go to collect your documents and passport after they have been approved? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by abisolmi(f): 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
tee12345:
For those who have pending applications. I can now also confirm vo's have started working. Got a call from CIC, Lagos about my pending application for Spouse Open Work Permit and TRV for my 2 kids. I am not applying for Study Permit like most of you guys.

I was asked to mail evidence of medicals asap.

I applied November 20th. Online. Wifey is schooling since September last year.

Timeline may be helpful. If not, just ignore.

Best of Luck folks.

Hi, i sent you a PM. pls reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
yyzz:
H guys, pls how soon can you go to collect your documents and passport after they have been approved? Thanks
You can go same day if you have the time.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tee12345(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
abisolmi:

Hi, i sent you a PM. pls reply.

Resend please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Uchetorial: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello Guys, please i'm currently gathering documents to fire my application by February against August 2015 to study Computer Systems Technology at Sask.

Is there any difference between Sponsorship Declaration and Affidavit of Sponsorship?Which one is better?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lakusi(m): 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Lmao. V.O you met indeed. Make una nor de carry yan here abeg. My admission with UofR took a week.

Thanks alot bro ... what about the recommendation form procedure I asked ? Den which course are u goin for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

You can go same day if you have the time.
Thanks a bunch @ mrnilobrawn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
9jabiggurl:

my Victorian Lady...The weather there was one of the reasons i opted for Royal Roads in victoria aside from the fact that it is a great and good school where malawi's female president Joyce Banda graduated from....make VO sha give me TRV make i go Canny town. God dey and pass them.....

lai wo we, u really do research o,lol, no be like some people smiley
how far, you should be submitting your application now, kilon sele?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ultrazone(m): 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Siga:
... And who is ur Sponsor?
Oga Siga, I sent you a PM.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by arixreal: 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
Please can someone tell me how many days did Canada embassy use to treat document for visiting visa in their embassy after the day if biometric thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
adebimpe1988:
I just did n was tld dey just received my file

Yay.. problem solved... grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
lakusi:

Thanks alot bro ... what about the recommendation form procedure I asked ? Den which course are u goin for?

I'm studying Environmental Studies. What did you ask about the recommendation? Remind me please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
Tanx
5p1naz:

Yay.. problem solved... grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 1:25am On Jan 28, 2015
jaylinaaa:

Like Tsola said, school here is quite demanding. But I trust my naija people. It's in our blood. Nothing is too big for us. Lol.

Anyway, Victoria is great so far. The weather is amazing. The coldest it gets is 7degrees which is a piece of cake compared to other places. And University of Victoria is another story. Campus is beautiful, serene and just really nice and it also has a good ranking in Canada so you might want to check it out.

Ain't nobody gat time for -28degrees weather. That being said, I hail all of you in those places. You guys are the strongest! grin

Mas tarde.

Thats nice, I envy you so much the weather here in sudbury Ontario is crazy, today was the height when I had a field class for 2 hours in - 22°C weather and felt like - 35°C, I could barely feel my feet... That been said I am actually thinking of relocating to BC next year though, read that BC PNP is great plus the weather is awesome, but not sure about jobs though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Waledarep(m): 2:13am On Jan 28, 2015
lekan008:
Good day to all the boss and tutors, I've concluded to apply for MUN masters but the deadline of their masters application is Jan 31 for the winter semester which the commencement is September.
My question goes thus; can I apply next month for 2016 fall admission which is to commence by January. Ejooooor. Oooo

Fall is September While Winter is January.
I already informed you to apply for Winter 2016 so you can have time to gather your documents and get your Nysc done completely
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 3:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

snappyfingas i finally got my medical call, i,ll join you in the summer at uregina.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2015
akanni:

lai wo we, u really do research o,lol, no be like some people smiley
how far, you should be submitting your application now, kilon sele?
@akanni, Iwe lomo, igi iwe...
Babes, all the best dear. Go girl
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 6:33am On Jan 28, 2015
9jabiggurl:

Iwe lomo, igi iwe..
Go girl. All d best in your app.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by onyekakingsley(m): 6:34am On Jan 28, 2015
Hi guys. I was given admission in SAIT and I have paid my acceptance fee. Please when is the best time for me to start my visa application process? My programme starts in september
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sharonalex: 7:26am On Jan 28, 2015
tee12345:
For those who have pending applications. I can now also confirm vo's have started working. Got a call from CIC, Lagos about my pending application for Spouse Open Work Permit and TRV for my 2 kids. I am not applying for Study Permit like most of you guys.

I was asked to mail evidence of medicals asap.

I applied November 20th. Online. Wifey is schooling since September last year.

Timeline may be helpful. If not, just ignore.

Best of Luck folks.
hi, I sent you a PM on the other forum, I want to ask you some questions about the open work permit, kindly reply. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 7:39am On Jan 28, 2015
tdayof:
does the federal ministry of education in abuja authorize waec result?
anything authorize has to be high court to the best of my knowledge oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2015
baronphemmy:
Hello pals pls can't I go for my master in canada uni witout any tofai or other exams cos all d uni am checkin out required d exam
are you scared of the exam?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 7:44am On Jan 28, 2015
yyzz:
you have to submit first.. if you processed via online, 2days.. but if it was paper route, i heard two weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by arixreal: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2015
Please can someone help me , how many days did Canada embassy use to treat visiting visa documents after doing biometric ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ThatWarriBoy: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2015
arixreal:
Please can someone tell me how many days did Canada embassy use to treat document for visiting visa in their embassy after the day if biometric thanks

I applied for my parents on the 20th of December, 2014. They did their Bio on the 22nd and they got their passports with their visas on the 27th of January, 2015, just yesterday. So it took roughly 5weeks for them. If you are lucky, it can take 2 weeks. I know someone personally who's TRV came out in 2weeks, visiting visa not study permit o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 8:18am On Jan 28, 2015
ThatWarriBoy:

Master of Engineering .. Carleton University

I hope you've collected your visa now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tdayof(m): 8:22am On Jan 28, 2015
Finestlex:
anything authorize has to be high court to the best of my knowledge oo
alright thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2015
Hi guys, please which college or university in Canada is the best to study Computer science .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ThatWarriBoy: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2015
Padike:

I hope you've collected your visa now

Naah. I have not, I got the passport request on the 26th. I did passport transmission since I don't stay in Lagos, It was delivered to VFS yesterday. So they will start processing it in VFS today, they will first of all check my payment then send it to Accra then back to me. Should get in on Friday by God's grace, I did for my parents and theirs took like 4 working days or so.

You said you will be travelling in July, are you sure they will allow you cross the border?

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.