Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152289 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lekan008(m): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
jaylinaaa:
Hola mi amigos, como estas?

Like Tsola said, school here is quite demanding. But I trust my naija people. It's in our blood. Nothing is too big for us. Lol.

Anyway, Victoria is great so far. The weather is amazing. The coldest it gets is 7degrees which is a piece of cake compared to other places. And University of Victoria is another story. Campus is beautiful, serene and just really nice and it also has a good ranking in Canada so you might want to check it out.

Ain't nobody gat time for -28degrees weather. That being said, I hail all of you in those places. You guys are the strongest! grin

Just stopped by to say hello and if you need information on the awesomeness that is Victoria or B.C in general, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Mas tarde.

Hello madam, pls, I care to have a draft of your SOP. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
[quote author=edwinbiz post=30199078][/quote]

Correct, great news. We de wait.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
lakusi:

Yea I said if its PG studies ... what form did ur referees use in sending ur recommendation form asin u used courier?

It's UG bro, so I basically didn't go through those hassles.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
Omonjoe:
1. re u for graduate studies?
2.were u given admission with unofficial doc or official doc?
3. when u submitted ur unofficial docs were dey marked received on ur application page?
I just submitted my application for graduate studies and I ve emailed dem an unofficial trancript, my referees have also emailed dia letters using a letter headed paper. but all these ve nt bn marked received on my page. I am for Electronic systems

UG studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
evergreeny2k:
@5p1naz you're the best! I am really in a fix. I'll go for option 1 then. Pls I'm heading to Vancouver which airline will be best bet for me now. Thanks

Honestly I really can't answer this one Because I dunno so much about the airlines. But from part 1 to 6, I can give you a list of airlines people here used and you can always visit their offices from tomorrow.

Klm - stops in amsterdam

airfrance - stops in paris

Lufthansa - stops in frankfurt

Ethiopian - stops in rome I think (someone in part 6 highly praised this airline for cheaper price and good service)

Well these airlines I know wouldn't pass the US. I believe some people here can help you more. And you should also go to their office, you'd be suprise how cheaper it is in their office.

Happened to me once when I was travelling to scotland. I got a better deal in the office than online (klm)

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
Padike:

You can travel anytime within your visa validity, but better to be towards when you are to resume, to avoid rejection at the point of entry. As it is, it's still too early for september term

You can travel whenever you like. The TRV allows that. But to make your intentions bonafide you can pay up your tuition (that's if you've not paid before now), then present evidence of the payment at the POE. With that you will be allowed entry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hello ppl of God, pls I want to ask if it's possible to switch to another course after being admitted into a course in the same university. I applied to MUN biology msc (Fall) sme months bck but I will like to switch to environmental science if possible due to some current reasons. (I stated I will like to do a research in molecular biology in my statement of interest). I will like to know if it's possible to switch if im admitted nd also if the research interest I stated in the SOP won't work against me even if I can switch...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

You can travel whenever you like. The TRV allows that. But to make your intentions bonafide you can pay up your tuition (that's if you've not paid before now), then present evidence of the payment at the POE. With that you will be allowed entry.

For real ? Yea Iv paid..okay that's cool then. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lakusi(m): 10:47pm On Jan 28, 2015
Omonjoe:
my reply is nt delivering....mailer daemon...failure notice

What's ur email address @Omonjoe cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
cherie24:
My good people, i have 2 questions
1. I have written my SOP and its 530 words while the school said maximum 500. Do i need to knock off the excess??
2. I want to apply for Fall (September 2016) is it too early to apply? when should i start applying?

Thanks and God bless for your responses

I sometimes think its an added advantage to follow instructions. (My opinion ooo)

So please edit your sop and make sure it doesn't exceed 500words.

Applying early or late depends on the school's calender. So check the school's admission/department's website to see when admission for fall 2016 will open
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2015
cherie24:
My good people, i have 2 questions
1. I have written my SOP and its 530 words while the school said maximum 500. Do i need to knock off the excess??
2. I want to apply for Fall (September 2016) is it too early to apply? when should i start applying?

Thanks and God bless for your responses

I hope 5p1naz duly answered your questions.

Which school are you applying to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
hello guys, how long those it take for ones medical examination to be updated by cic via. paper root oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
i guess youre waiting for a decision on your application. could yoou holla whenever u get it
Dam12:
Hello ppl of God, pls I want to ask if it's possible to switch to another course after being admitted into a course in the same university. I applied to MUN biology msc (Fall) sme months bck but I will like to switch to environmental science if possible due to some current reasons. (I stated I will like to do a research in molecular biology in my statement of interest). I will like to know if it's possible to switch if im admitted nd also if the research interest I stated in the SOP won't work against me even if I can switch...Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Hello guys. My sister just got a request for a passport. I'll like to know if there's any way her passport can be processed and given back to her in one day. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 12:06am On Jan 29, 2015
I have emailed u on ur email address.
lakusi:

What's ur email address @Omonjoe cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 4:51am On Jan 29, 2015
Well I know but I'm asking to the know if it's possible cos I'm making adequate plans to follow the next step if it's not bro
hayqinsbFX:
i guess youre waiting for a decision on your application. could yoou holla whenever u get it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Holu26: 5:33am On Jan 29, 2015
siri1:
Hello guys. My sister just got a request for a passport. I'll like to know if there's any way her passport can be processed and given back to her in one day. Thanks

I doubt if that is possible. I think at least 3days her passport should be ready for collection
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 29, 2015
Guys please help!!! It's urgent!!

Bobola86:
Please guys, how do you calculate the amount entered in funds available for stay section of the application form? And please if you are not employed, how will you fill the mandatory Column of the employment with dates e.t.c? Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kellycute(m): 8:20am On Jan 29, 2015
Bobola86:
Guys please help!!! It's urgent!!

convert ur statement of account money to canadian dollar u will get d available fund amount
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2015
kellycute:
convert ur statement of account money to canadian dollar u will get d available fund amount

Ok thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bostin(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2015
Please ppl I need advice, I just got refusal on my visitors visa reason been "purpose of visit", which truly I fail to include an invitation letter from a contact in Canada but only show an hotel reservation.My question is how long can I wait to reapply if am able to get an invitation,cos VO allow me to reaply if my situation change or have new information to submit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bellniki1: 9:26am On Jan 29, 2015
Hello, Please how was the request for medical sent to you?
edwinbiz:
hello guys, how long those it take for ones medical examination to be updated by cic via. paper root oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2015
kellycute:

Does it include your tuition? I know there is a section for tuition fee but when filling the funds available for your stay do you add up the tuition + Living expense+travel cost + miscellaneous?

@ Tsola6 i see you are online and you have your visa already, please help with my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 10:14am On Jan 29, 2015
Bamz:

I hope 5p1naz duly answered your questions.

Which school are you applying to?

Oh Yes - he/she did..
I am applying to Uni of Regina. What about you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 10:16am On Jan 29, 2015
5p1naz:

I sometimes think its an added advantage to follow instructions. (My opinion ooo)

So please edit your sop and make sure it doesn't exceed 500words.

Applying early or late depends on the school's calender. So check the school's admission/department's website to see when admission for fall 2016 will open

Thanks my dear for your candid response. I will do just dat. As for the application, i have checked and they are not yet open for fall 2016 application. I am tracking them everyday. grin.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 10:47am On Jan 29, 2015
cherie24:

Thanks my dear for your candid response. I will do just dat. As for the application, i have checked and they are not yet open for fall 2016 application. I am tracking them everyday. grin.

Its my pleasure... please track them well well ooo grin wishing you the best...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by rofemiguwa(f): 11:27am On Jan 29, 2015
Please. Is this canadian visa immgration stuff real? And are u suppose to pay for appplication??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 11:30am On Jan 29, 2015
lassky:
thanks sis, I've sent Dem an email. Could it be dat it's because I used a debit master card? I Av requested to send u an email. I need to ask some things from u about BC

Yes, it is. You need to find an alternative, say, usage of a debit card with a foreign address.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2015
Omonjoe:
1. re u for graduate studies?
2.were u given admission with unofficial doc or official doc?
3. when u submitted ur unofficial docs were dey marked received on ur application page?
I just submitted my application for graduate studies and I ve emailed dem an unofficial trancript, my referees have also emailed dia letters using a letter headed paper. but all these ve nt bn marked received on my page. I am for Electronic systems

Kindly call the school. It shows they have a lot on the table.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2015
Padike:

The visa states date of issue that was 22nd january 2015 to when it expires 31 August 2017. Because my course is two years. The one year guys will get one year respectively

Padike,

How many months is your course precisely - 24?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2015
@edwinBiz, pls how were you notified of your medical request? Through email or through your track page.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2015
cherie24:

Oh Yes - he/she did..
I am applying to Uni of Regina. What about you?

Dalhousie University.

Fall 2016. Can't apply till after September 2015, but I will send Transcripts mid-September.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.