Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151461 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
bpatient:
hi all..someone should pls help me with his or her SOP pls...@thawarriboy ,evergreeny2k et al...pls email to jab2k14@gmail.com..cheers

oga/Madam - the last time i checked, there is a word called PERSONAL inside that SOP. yes - that is why it is personal ..u dont have to lift, copy and paste or modify what someelse has written. no 2 SOP's should be the same. Abeg, let us begin to apply ourselves. if an impromtu essay comes up during your studies, how u go take do am? u go begin ping, watsapp, skype, facetime, twitter even instagram @thawarriboy ,evergreeny2k et al to help you. Common people.

My frined and former colleague who jst joined Uni of Reg - Post grad said our style of learning and theirs are not the same so that i shld be prepared and expect anything during classes. so my dear, apply yourself so dat you can defend your admission even to ur kids. Expo no dey there oo..

my 2cents doh

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bigx(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
bigx:
Please I'm confused about this process,

I've done my Biometrics today,

Is it possible to drop my passport with someone else to submit at VFS if they need it?

Also can someone else pick it up when they are done with it?

I dont stay in Lag but my cousin stays just opposite the VFS office so I was thinking that should work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by evergreeny2k: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
@ mrnilobrawn Resumption date is 9th Feb.
@kellycute it summed up to 300k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bamz(m): 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
cherie24:

Ok, In Nova Scotia??...Are you applying for Grad or under grad?? what course?`

Am doing grad program in HR MGT

Yes, NS. Grad program in Engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
presidentpikin:
make use of UPS from which state?
Lagos
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=bigx post=30248343][/quote]
i guess the next thing is medical call if all your documents are ok and you need to do medical test. I also think your medical test will be done in Lagos since u submitted in Lagos. I will suggest you go with your passport if you are leaving Lagos. It is safer for you.
I may be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
yregs:

i guess the next thing is medical call if all your documents are ok and you need to do medical test. I also think your medical test will be done in Lagos since u submitted in Lagos. I will suggest you go with your passport if you are leaving Lagos. It is safer for you.
I may be wrong though
[quote author=bigx post=30248343][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
newacca:
Who is applying or already studying at any of these colleges :
1. New Brunswick Community College
2. Olds college

Olds college, present sir!!! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
evergreeny2k:
@ mrnilobrawn Resumption date is 9th Feb.
@kellycute it summed up to 300k.
Which school, program and level?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by newacca: 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
akanni:

Olds college, present sir!!! grin
Sorry, I'm just connecting back with the thread. What's you app status or are you already in CA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
evergreeny2k:
@5p1naz thanks a great deal. Your info was really helpful. I was able to re- route my flight with Emirate. So its
Lagos-- Dubai-- Toronto -- Vancouver.
Thanks

I'm glad I could help smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
evergreeny2k:
@5p1naz thanks a great deal. Your info was really helpful. I was able to re- route my flight with Emirate. So its
Lagos-- Dubai-- Toronto -- Vancouver.
Thanks

I like this flight path. E make sense. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by BizBloke(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Padike:

The 16months is not consecutive, it's 8 months in first year, summer break, then another 8 months then summer break

Oh, that's about 24 months in all. I understand better now.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
newacca:

Sorry, I'm just connecting back with the thread. What's you app status or are you already in CA?

Already in Ca.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by newacca: 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
Could you please help me with this: What is the livings expenses there like, compared with places like Ontario and Alberta? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
ATTENTION!

If you have admission and have applied for TRV

Please provide the following information
**Submission date**Institution*
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper
**level of study
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
newacca:
Could you please help me with this: What is the livings expenses there like, compared with places like Ontario and Alberta? smiley
You have to google it, dt's wt i would have done to get the info for you.
when you have gotten it and you have specifics for Olds, then, i could assist.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SleemB: 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hi guys,
Saw this online and i felt it should be shared,cos its true..Living in canada might involve some unplanned expenses really particularly the tax part...13% for St John's here..what you gain in tuition ..ready to pay it in tax..

...but as naija consain..we dey always rough am...lol

There may be some expenses you never thought about when coming to Canada. Well here are five different costs and expenses you should keep in mind when you come to Canada:

1. Winter clothes. Canada has quite the cold winters. Depending on where you are in Canada climates can differ from lows of 0 degrees Celsius all the way down to -30 in some cases. Make sure you take into consideration all the different things you may want to pick up to stay warm. Sweaters, jackets, gloves and long-johns! All valid accessories you may want to into before coming to Canada.

2. Snow gear. Snow may be something you are not accustomed to. Canadian snow storms can average between 10 to even 20 so a pair a boots and snow pants may be something you want to invest in. Other than that snow sports and activities is definitely something you may want to get involved with. Skating, snowboarding, skiing these are all common activities you may want to invest in!

3. Taxes. In Canada, we have a number of taxes you may want to take into consideration when coming here. Sales tax is often something people outside of Canada may not know of. When purchasing a product or good there is a sales tax that is often not shown on the prices of goods. Keep in mind when you are looking at a price tag you need to add a number of sales taxes. Depending on where you are in Canada taxes do differ.

4. Long Distance Communications. Being away from home can be hard. With cultural, social and educational transitioning you may become home-sick. Make sure to save some money to keep in contact with family and friend back home.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
akanni:

Already in Ca.
@akanni, I realised u got delayed on your first attempt for a study visa, did you change school wen you applied the second time? Pls I really need an ans on dis pls.
House and Nlers in Canada,pls is there anyone who got delayed on his or her first attempt and changed school and course on his or her second attempt? I need your help. Gracias.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bpatient: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
@cherie24 : Ain't got challenges in writing essays or whatever that's no biggie u get me?Just wanted to know the bullet points they used..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
lilspiceyy:

@akanni, I realised u got delayed on your first attempt for a study visa, did you change school wen you applied the second time? Pls I really need an ans on dis pls.
House and Nlers in Canada,pls is there anyone who got delayed on his or her first attempt and changed school and course on his or her second attempt? I need your help. Gracias.

Well, i reapplied like 2 weeks after my initial delay; i corrected the reason for delay.
I was expecting that i would still meet up so i still applied using the same docs and school.
My school got back to me saying I had to reapply next fall since I was not going to be able to make resumption based on my mail telling them i reapplied and would not make resumption date.
I got the visa a month i think after resumption but of course I tried to look for other schools resuming in Jan since september was no longer possible.
I chose one of the 2 schools and logged on the online application and changed my DLI, first to another school, then after the second school gave me admission, i changed again to that.
Summary, depends really, i think you shouldn't change school but if they have resumed a while back, get a letter for the next resumption date and reapply but if the other school you changing to is offering the same prog, you can go for it.
My thots
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mujiboy(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hello house, Am new here..please after medicals..like how many days after will I be expecting the request of my original passport and what's next..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
akanni:

Thanks bt my case quite different. I deferred to fall since I was delayed for winter session but I haven't heard from the school for a month and some weeks! I have sent mails upon mails and no response yet I even called notin encouraging. Am tinking of applying to another school and then a different course (sometin very close to my work experience) wld have loved to wait till march bt application for fall in the colleges I want to go to closes on February 1st. Just want to knw if it won't raise a red flag if I apply to CIC wit a diff school and a diff course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MaxiDj(m): 12:44am On Jan 30, 2015
Hello, anybody applied to Uni Manitoba? Got my admission weeks ago but yet to complete the registration. I tried the course registration and couldn't find Fall 2015. I guess maybe enrollment hasn't started yet but I see both Winter and Summer 2015.

Am I alone or mine is a special case?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 12:49am On Jan 30, 2015
MaxiDj:
Hello, anybody applied to Uni Manitoba? Got my admission weeks ago but yet to complete the registration. I tried the course registration and couldn't find Fall 2015. I guess maybe enrollment hasn't started yet but I see both Winter and Summer 2015.

Uni manitoba candidate here ooo.
Graduate studies
masters of architecture
Application status- currently under review
My department won't start sending acceptance mail till march..
so the waiting continues For me.

What course and what level of study for you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:40am On Jan 30, 2015
MaxiDj:

Congrats, but It's still very early for course registration if u ar for Fall 2015. And be aware that u can not register if u still hv any outstanding document(s) to provide to the school. Is your admission conditional?

Why not apply for your TRV first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 1:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Maxidj. Are u going for ug or masters ? Did u get any sort of funding and did u get a supervisor as well? i applied to manitoba too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MaxiDj(m): 2:22am On Jan 30, 2015
5p1naz:

Uni manitoba candidate here ooo.
Graduate studies
masters of architecture
Application status- currently under review
My department won't start sending acceptance mail till march..
so the waiting continues For me.

What course and what level of study for you?

Actually, i'm doing it for my kid bro. UG. Mech Eng.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MaxiDj(m): 2:23am On Jan 30, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Congrats, but It's still very early for course registration if u ar for Fall 2015. And be aware that u can not register if u still hv any outstanding document(s) to provide to the school. Is your admission conditional?

Why not apply for your TRV first.

Full admission. UG. I think TRV should come next. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MaxiDj(m): 2:24am On Jan 30, 2015
loladeoye:
Maxidj. Are u going for ug or masters ? Did u get any sort of funding and did u get a supervisor as well? i applied to manitoba too.

UG. Personal funding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ScGuy(m): 4:34am On Jan 30, 2015
newacca:
Who is applying or already studying at any of these colleges :
1. New Brunswick Community College
2. Olds college

Present sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:56am On Jan 30, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Thanks bt my case quite different. I deferred to fall since I was delayed for winter session but I haven't heard from the school for a month and some weeks! I have sent mails upon mails and no response yet I even called notin encouraging. Am tinking of applying to another school and then a different course (sometin very close to my work experience) wld have loved to wait till march bt application for fall in the colleges I want to go to closes on February 1st. Just want to knw if it won't raise a red flag if I apply to CIC wit a diff school and a diff course.
Go ahead and get the admission first from the other school, hopefully by the time you get it, the other one would have responded.
You can still hold on with your visa application till around April, you will have 5 months before fall.
Change of course will raise a flag especially if you submitted a SOP before except you are going for an upgrade to your earlier prog i.e masters/pgd instead of Ug/diploma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.