Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151988 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
3.21 of 5.0
standupguy:

What is your CGPA.
My CGPA no reach for M.Eng
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
even if admisson comes. ill opt for advance diploma course i applied for at senecca.
with a nigerian background Masters is very very challenging in canada and it gives little or no room to work.
pampem:

Hmm! Its gud news! Relax and all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bobola86:

What are you sisters soa closing balance?

Sponsor 11m and 1m from two accounts.

Co sponsor 1.6/ 3.5m from two accounts.
Fixed deposit 10m.

Abeg I need suggestions.

So far hayqinsbFX has pointed out age as related to my application.
Because my next app would be the grand finale.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by einsteino(m): 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
o2:
Hello all,
Pls i would like to know the test venue in Ibadan for IELTS. Apart from study route. I am also going to register for EE and i got a confirmation mail for my test this Saturday in Ibadan, but the mail does not include a venue. I have sent a mail but no one has replied me yet. Does anyone have an idea of the venue

Speaking: Time 9:20am, date 8/2/2015, venue check-inn hotels, 1 check-inn close behind zain head office, off secretariat/U.I road bodija Ibadan

other parts: time 9am, date 7/2/2015, venue is educational advancement centre, 45 Awolowo Avenue, Bodija, Ibadan

Source: a friend of mine sitting for the same exam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
even if admisson comes. ill opt for advance diploma course i applied for at senecca.
with a nigerian background Masters is very very challenging in canada and it gives little or no room to work.

Is Seneca not expensive, i am actually waiting for an admission from centennial college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
a decision has bn made concerning my eligibility for M.eng at memorial.....see as my heart dey pound....

What date was your transcript received/application completed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
if that is expensive, which is cheap.
a school with credibility should helpp your visa too...im considering BCIt and NAIT sef
standupguy:

Is Seneca not expensive, i am actually waiting for an admission from centennial college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
november 20
brandymcmb:

What date was your transcript received/application completed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adedayourt(m): 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
adebimpe1988:
RRU takes 4-6weeks n d credential evaluation takes 2weeks,y don't u try n call d skool,speak wiv Leah n she will explain 2 u.

Bimpe is already planning to port out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
standupguy:

Sori for the delay @standupguy. Correct me if am wrong oooo are u reapplying wit a different school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
the problem is that youre 30 and logically they knw your sister wont be res[onsible forr your life by now and shes just bn used to get a visa.

Yup! Never said more rightly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
standupguy:

Sponsor 11m and 1m from two accounts.

Co sponsor 1.6/ 3.5m from two accounts.
Fixed deposit 10m.

Abeg I need suggestions.

So far hayqinsbFX has pointed out age as related to my application.
Because my next app would be the grand finale.

@ standupguy, i dont see your age as a problm. I believe if you add your SOA with your shares, that covers your financial capability and home tie. Tell your sponsor to fix like 3million and state that it is going to be used to support you. Really, you dont need more than one sponsore if you have about 2.5m in ur acct. Sorry bout your delay. Package your document well n all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Mcjimmy(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
standupguy:

Hey most of the time if one is being refused visa it's advisable to wait for like a year or eight month before reapplying because the Vo's would think u are so desperate to enter Canada. And when u are reapplying make sure u choose a course that is very very related to ur present Job or what you have in ur Bsc. Most times it's better to apply with the same program and course one used in the first application , given that you would explain why u are going for that course and how relevant and important it is to you. If you are above 25 I think advance diploma is the best program to go for like I was advised. You must either have a leave letter from your employer or you explain that the job you are doing presently is a temporary job and u are not a permanent staff in the organization. You need your SOA and also defend the closing balance by explaining the kind of business u do to get such amount in ur account. I guess changing school and program for each application is some how suspicious and also shows sign of being desperate to enter Canada if I were the Vo handling such app. I think you should just seat and think on how to develop your sop and make it detailed by putting somethings into consideration. I stand to be corrected

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
why asking?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
yyzz:

How long did it take for ynur medicals to be comfirmed and visa approval.(paper route )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
standupguy:

I advice you use an agent. If you want a sure and registered one, i can help you out.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Sori for the delay @standupguy. Correct me if am wrong oooo are u reapplying wit a different school?

Oh no same school, very closely related program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Padike:

Yup! Never said more rightly

In as much as I agree to an extent, we all do use our sponsors to get visa that doesn't mean the sponsor isn't going to adequately fund your education. This particular sponsor has already effectively sponsor one person.

But na them know sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 11:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
yregs:
@ standupguy, i dont see your age as a problm. I believe if you add your SOA with your shares, that covers your financial capability and home tie. Tell your sponsor to fix like 3million and state that it is going to be used to support you. Really, you dont need more than one sponsore if you have about 2.5m in ur acct. Sorry bout your delay. Package your document well n all the best

Thank you.
I didn't assume my personal finance would be considered nor questioned since I am using a sponsor and co sponsor. Plus online route didn't allow for much space for plenty documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 11:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
Mcjimmy:

Hey most of the time if one is being refused visa it's advisable to wait for like a year or eight month before reapplying because the Vo's would think u are so desperate to enter Canada. And when u are reapplying make sure u choose a course that is very very related to ur present Job or what you have in ur Bsc. Most times it's better to apply with the same program and course one used in the first application , given that you would explain why u are going for that course and how relevant and important it is to you. If you are above 25 I think advance diploma is the best program to go for like I was advised. You must either have a leave letter from your employer or you explain that the job you are doing presently is a temporary job and u are not a permanent staff in the organization. You need your SOA and also defend the closing balance by explaining the kind of business u do to get such amount in ur account. I guess changing school and program for each application is some how suspicious and also shows sign of being desperate to enter Canada if I were the Vo handling such app. I think you should just seat and think on how to develop your sop and make it detailed by putting somethings into consideration. I stand to be corrected

Oga mi.
I applied with a closely related program, in the same school.
I am only going to change school for this my final application, but the same program.
I will just add my two account statements, because I already had some cash fixed in one of the accounts since December which i Intended to use for my upkeep.
Since the crash in stock market I have been careless about my stocks but i will organize them and print the statement.
That is the only thing i can think of now.
Thanks bro for your contribution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 3:35am On Feb 03, 2015
LOBOFC:

Hello people,

I just applied under EE. My score was 432. However, my status is blank. it is saying i need to register under the job bank which i have done but can't seem to link the two together.

I have registered under the job bank but CIC profile is still showing not yet register.

Please i need answers to the following...

1. Is my 432 score ok? Do i stand any chance?
2. How do I link the job account i created to my CIC application?
3. What do I do next after this?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

From what I read that score is too low, they just completed the first round of PR invitations through EE, and the least score was 886pts... EE has made things real difficult to get PR even for international students.. In order to get that kind of score one has to go through PNP... So guys a piece of advice go to provinces where they have PNP like Manitoba, BC and Saskatchewan.. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 3:37am On Feb 03, 2015
@LOBOFC here is a report from the first round of draws they did on EE...

Express Entry rounds of invitations
Under Express Entry, candidates who meet the criteria will be accepted into a pool of possible candidates for immigration to Canada.

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. CIC will regularly select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool by inviting them to apply to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.

Note: Entry into the Express Entry pool does not guarantee a candidate will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence. Invited candidates still have to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s immigration law (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
CIC will invite candidates from the Express Entry pool to apply on a regular basis. Every round of invitations will have a set of instructions the electronic system will use to invite candidates from the pool. These instructions will be posted on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website before each round of invitations..

These instructions will include:

the date and time of the round of invitations,
the number of candidates that will get an ITA, and
if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) will be included.
If the instructions do not specify which immigration program the candidates must be eligible for, the invitations will be based solely on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.

Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #1 – January 31, 2015 11:59:48 UTC

No program specified

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued-779

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited-886 points

Footnotes.
This round of invitations included Express Entry candidates from the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Program.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 5:41am On Feb 03, 2015
[quote author=edwinbiz post=30373424][/quote]

Well I won't mind if I get a professional advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 6:27am On Feb 03, 2015
Funny uquote author=adedayourt post=30369991]

Bimpe is already planning to port out[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 8:05am On Feb 03, 2015
@ luvly3 God bless ypu. I have applied to all those 3 provinces. Hoping to get admission soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2015
Yeah i figured paper route will allow for all those excesses....meanwhile if you claim you are working you will DEFINITELY need your employment details which includes payslipS, salary bank account at least to show that you are really receiving income stated on your payslip, employment letter, salary review letter...etc....

standupguy:

Applied on 09 jan biometric on 12
refused today.
22 days.

Insufficient funds for tuition and insufficient
Personal asset and financial status.

I think they want to see my SOA, and Asset.
I didn't think it was necessary because I had a sponsor and co sponsor plus no space to put all the statements.
Maybe I will go through paper route next time.

Meanwhile sponsor had 22m/21m flow.
Co sponsor more than 125m/124m debt/credit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by wenger49: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2015
@ 9jabiggurl. do you think paper rout is better off online ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blessedfavoured: 10:40am On Feb 03, 2015
luvly3:

No dear.... I am in Cambrian college

Hi luvly3 how long did the admission take at cambrian college please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lollipop25(f): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2015
akanni:

Haustraliah, u lie o,i had a B.Sc and still got TRV for diploma and i am over 30.
Like someone said earlier, it depends on the reason you give in your sop if it flies with the VO.
If it has to do with your present role at work, enhancing your skills,etc it will fly.
the guy must be able to explain why another diploma, bottom line!
Pls I sent u a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 11:06am On Feb 03, 2015
just want to know and compare my chances....since u in for UG
[quote author=edwinbiz post=30372804][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tynde: 11:30am On Feb 03, 2015
Pls does anyone have a sample of seneca college payment slip
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 11:47am On Feb 03, 2015
wenger49:
@ 9jabiggurl. do you think paper rout is better off online ?

I would not say one is better than one its a matter of preference.....if you can upload ALL your documents via online route without leaving out any important doc then why not but if you have loads of docs like a thousand and one docs then papaer might suit you more.....like i said earlier its a matter of preference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.