Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151919 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 11:49am On Feb 03, 2015
standupguy:

Well I won't mind if I get a professional advise.

Before you apply again i would advice you call for your paper through the certified company to enable you know the underlying reason to your rejections so you can be specific in addressing the main reason for your rejection.......it will help....

I pasted their website earlier to tnuola....let me look it up and paste again....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 11:51am On Feb 03, 2015
9jabiggurl:
Yeah i figured paper route will allow for all those excesses....meanwhile if you claim you are working you will DEFINITELY need your employment details which includes payslipS, salary bank account at least to show that you are really receiving income stated on your payslip, employment letter, salary review letter...etc....

I thought about it but honestly i didn't know it was important having seen a lot of people here get TRV without including there personal account.
Including Pchax whom i learnt a lot from his application.

I put employment letter that stated my salary but i didn't put my statement.
I intend to put it when re-applying in May, I hope my statement would cover for the pay slips too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 11:52am On Feb 03, 2015
9jabiggurl:

Before you apply again i would advice you call for your paper through the certified company to enable you know the underlying reason to your rejections so you can be specific in addressing the main reason for your rejection.......it will help....

I pasted their website earlier to tnuola....let me look it up and paste again....

Abeg please do, i was just about to request for anyone to help me with it.
Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 11:59am On Feb 03, 2015
standupguy:

Abeg please do, i was just about to request for anyone to help me with it.
Thanks a lot
http://www.gcmsfile.com/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mosezky: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
pls i need ur advice on dis issue
i wrote waec 2007..am 23yrs old nw....am applyin 4 bsc in three uni in canada but am concern abt d gap in my education..if d embassy ask abt d gap in my education
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Hi luvly3 how long did the admission take at cambrian college please?

About 2 weeks.... It's a good school especially if you going for undergrad(trades) you have an 80% chance of getting a job dere on graduation, Sudbury also called the Nickel city provided most of the Nickel used in making weapons for various countries in d last word war.. Cons: really cold and not so pretty
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
loladeoye:
@ luvly3 God bless ypu. I have applied to all those 3 provinces. Hoping to get admission soon.

Thanks and God bless you too... Though it's easier to get PNP when you school in those provinces, eg if you school in Manitoba or Saskatchewan you are only required to work for 6months and den apply for PNP, if you schooled in other provinces and relocate to MB, you need to work for 1 year then apply for PNP or for SK you need to work for 2 years, BC is the only one that doesn't really require work experience for PNP application, you can still relocate there after your studies just ensure you get updated info because rules Keep changing . You can always check PNP requirements for different provinces as a guide..

Oh I forgot to mention that CEC which is a federal program for immigration( which most students in ontario previously use for PR where you can work for one year in your field of study and apply for PR) has changed, now you would require a positive LMIA for your experience to be awarded points in the EE system and it's not so easy to get a LMIA approved.

Note if you going for a Master or Phd student in Ontario or BC you can also be nominated for PNP without having a job offer or work experience... Though Ontario PNP has caps for each year.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by o2(f): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
drealsheggs:
@ o2, please do you have materials you used in preparing for the IESTL exam, kindly assist me with it?

No i dont. I registered directly with the british council and i used their preparation page http://www.roadtoielts.com/ . they also have one with a price tag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JohnCushion(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
standupguy:

Sponsor 11m and 1m from two accounts.

Co sponsor 1.6/ 3.5m from two accounts.
Fixed deposit 10m.

Abeg I need suggestions.

So far hayqinsbFX has pointed out age as related to my application.
Because my next app would be the grand finale.

You made a mistake by not including your own personal account and stocks vo's are always like let's say smthn happens and ur sponsors are like they cnt sponsor u anymore which is very much possible u should be able to show that yes u can still do smthn on your own that is why they put 'personal...' cos def ur sponsors package is enough. A fixed deposit in ur name or well stated was made for you is also a good way of showing financial strength, ur sister's 10M FD would have been too much for that tho. So when u want to refire put ur SOA,stock,find a property in ur name and if ur sis can split the FD into 2 smaller deposits stating one is for you. Then in ur SOP make vo see why u would be coming back dnt just state it there that 'I plan to come back...' or 'I will be coming back...' no. put something like " As my company is expanding towards (related to ur study),my expertise on arrival would be of great us in making the company achieve greater height... (related to ur studies)" *dats not perfect just an eg to make dem see y u wanna comeback,convince them don't just tell them*

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adedayourt(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
adebimpe1988:
Funny uquote author=adedayourt post=30369991]

Bimpe is already planning to port out

Hw av u been sis, longest tym
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by morgan2006(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hello People,

Pls I want to apply to the polytechnic in Saskatchewan and I studied computer science in Nigeria and I made a second class lower. I currently work and by Gods grace I have a sponsor who works also. Can someone be helpful to guide me on how to package myself for packaging of documents to the embassy so as to avoid refusal? Any good comment will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
@ JohnCushion thank you bro for you contribution.

Considering the fact that I have substantial amount fixed since August last year when I started preparing for my PGD its really sad that
It turned out this way.

Regarding the SOP, what I normally do is to explain the benefit of my intended program of study to my Bsc, my current job and to the economy of my country, i also quote figures and statistics to Buttress my point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bpatient: 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2015
@blink6 - what course are you studying at MUNwhat's the environment like..intend applying for a pgd in safety and risk Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
morgan2006:
Hello People,

Pls I want to apply to the polytechnic in Saskatchewan and I studied computer science in Nigeria and I made a second class lower. I currently work and by Gods grace I have a sponsor who works also. Can someone be helpful to guide me on how to package myself for packaging of documents to the embassy so as to avoid refusal? Any good comment will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks
Read from part 4 or 5 to date.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
who know anything about red river college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JohnCushion(m): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
standupguy:
@ JohnCushion thank you bro for you contribution.

Considering the fact that I have substantial amount fixed since August last year when I started preparing for my PGD its really sad that
It turned out this way.

Regarding the SOP, what I normally do is to explain the benefit of my intended program of study to my Bsc, my current job and to the economy of my country, i also quote figures and statistics to Buttress my point.

Yes it could be beneficial to your country but explaining the benefits doesn't mean you will be coming back. You have to sound like your company can't wait for u to come back,u can even say they will still be consulting u over there during ur study (but this will be in the letter from your company). You just have to make them feel like 'this guy no get choice than to come back' not '...nd this guy fit come back o'

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
Thanks to everyone who has answered any of my questions on here, I really appreciate you guys. GOD BLESS US ALL.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrskashif: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
A big Hi to such a helpng forum.I am mba bankng n finance from Pakistan. I am mum of two kids.I am lookng to continue my studies n den will apply fr pr in canada.plz help me in finding lowest masters tution fee in canada..a big thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2015
luvly3:

Thanks and God bless you too... Though it's easier to get PNP when you school in those provinces, eg if you school in Manitoba or Saskatchewan you are only required to work for 6months and den apply for PNP, if you schooled in other provinces and relocate to MB, you need to work for 1 year then apply for PNP or for SK you need to work for 2 years, BC is the only one that doesn't really require work experience for PNP application, you can still relocate there after your studies just ensure you get updated info because rules Keep changing . You can always check PNP requirements for different provinces as a guide..

Oh I forgot to mention that CEC which is a federal program for immigration( which most students in ontario previously use for PR where you can work for one year in your field. of study and apply for PR) has changed, now you would require a positive LMIA for your experience to be awarded points in the EE system and it's not so easy to get a LMIA approved.

Note if you going for a Master or Phd student in Ontario or BC you can also be nominated for PNP without having a job offer or work experience... Though Ontario PNP has caps for each year.
pls help us break down dis abbreviation pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blessedfavoured: 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
luvly3:

About 2 weeks.... It's a good school especially if you going for undergrad(trades) you have an 80% chance of getting a job dere on graduation, Sudbury also called the Nickel city provided most of the Nickel used in making weapons for various countries in d last word war.. Cons: really cold and not so pretty

Thanks dear. I'm going for pg actually. Any tuition deposit?? Also did u notarize d transcript and did u have to send waec?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
misszionboo:
pls help us break down dis abbreviation pls

CEC- canadian experience class

PNP - provincial nominee program

BC- British Columbia

SK- saskatchewan

EE - express entry...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by luvly3(f): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Thanks dear. I'm going for pg actually. Any tuition deposit?? Also did u notarized transcript and did u have to send waec?

Yes there is a first semester tuition fee deadline but you would be given an offer letter once you are accepted, what program are you thinking of applying for?? No you don't need to notarize anything...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Uchetorial: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
morgan2006:
Hello People,

Many thanks

I feel you should apply to the sask first and get admission, that should be your starting point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
standupguy:

I thought about it but honestly i didn't know it was important having seen a lot of people here get TRV without including there personal account.
Including Pchax whom i learnt a lot from his application.

I put employment letter that stated my salary but i didn't put my statement.
I intend to put it when re-applying in May, I hope my statement would cover for the pay slips too.
@ Standupguy, your statement of acct is different from your payslip. If you want to apply, add all document that shows that you can cater for yourself and your sponsor can cater for you if need be but you are the main person being the applicant so focus on yourself. Add ur statement of acct, payslips, letter of employment, letter/for for leave of absence etc.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by morgan2006(m): 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hello Fellow NL's,

Please how do u introduce a third party sponsorship to the canadian embassy. I need a concrete reason for the embassy to grant the TRV as I have a sponsor that is not family related and we bear different surnames. Please help in any reasonable way. Thanks[b][/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blessedfavoured: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
luvly3:

Yes there is a first semester tuition fee deadline but you would be given an offer letter once you are accepted, what program are you thinking of applying for?? No you don't need to notarize anything...

Oh cool. Same course as u, environmental monitoring....
Thanks for ur help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ezekuse: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
Please I need clarification. i applied to seneca college using the online application form on which i entered my card details for the application fee payment and till date there is still no seneca college debit on my account for the fees.
please any seneca college applicant should let me know how they paid their application fees. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by a4larin: 12:00am On Feb 04, 2015
Hello folks.

Please I need information on the approved medical examination centers for CA embassy in Lagos. I will also need the cost of the examination specifically from recent info please.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Chars1289: 12:02am On Feb 04, 2015
Hello ause..want to apply for a diploma course in SAIT and I discovered that I have to pay $200 for application fee as an international student.That fee is alarming!!!!!! sad face****
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ManTiger(m): 1:51am On Feb 04, 2015
standupguy:

Applied on 09 jan biometric on 12
refused today.
22 days.

Insufficient funds for tuition and insufficient
Personal asset and financial status.

I think they want to see my SOA, and Asset.
I didn't think it was necessary because I had a sponsor and co sponsor plus no space to put all the statements.
Maybe I will go through paper route next time.

Meanwhile sponsor had 22m/21m flow.
Co sponsor more than 125m/124m debt/credit.
22 - 21 = 1m
125 - 124= 1m.
Bro na small e remain, don't give up.
The SOA is good but technically the closing balance it not so good. CIC takes many things in consideration, things beyond our thoughts.
Tis well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 4:36am On Feb 04, 2015
cherie24:

oga/Madam - the last time i checked, there is a word called PERSONAL inside that SOP. yes - that is why it is personal ..u dont have to lift, copy and paste or modify what someelse has written. no 2 SOP's should be the same. Abeg, let us begin to apply ourselves. if an impromtu essay comes up during your studies, how u go take do am? u go begin ping, watsapp, skype, facetime, twitter even instagram @thawarriboy ,evergreeny2k et al to help you. Common people.

My frined and former colleague who jst joined Uni of Reg - Post grad said our style of learning and theirs are not the same so that i shld be prepared and expect anything during classes. so my dear, apply yourself so dat you can defend your admission even to ur kids. Expo no dey there oo..

my 2cents doh
"someone should please help with his/her SOP" we have our individual lives. helping doesn't mean you should send your SOP to him, you can edit and remove your personal life, all he/she wanted was a guideline.. we all here to help and support each other.. am pretty sure you've asked questions which were answered. no question is stupid!!! Your friend in uni of Reg told you, you're not even in Canny yet and you treat people like you know it all? dont just see things from your own perspective, try to see from others point of view.. it's crystally clear he has no clue of what SOP looks like, if you can't help, it's best you ignore than reduce one to nothing..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.