Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,030 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1153748 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Burningflamz: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
lilspiceyy:

I like your faith grin. No time!

Can one do the medicals upfront before visa application? ?Thought the hospital needs to see the request for medical letter from CIC before proceeding to medicals.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by obig: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
Burningflamz:

Can one do the medicals upfront before visa application? ?Thought the hospital needs to see the request for medical letter from CIC before proceeding to medicals.

I think, someone has done that before, "iyaijema" or so
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
lilspiceyy:

An agent u mentioned? angry Pls don't try to advertise any agent here! @Obig, get your docs, let the house know the reason(s) for delay and list your docs. The house will contribute so that you can repackage and refire. I once used an agent and I regretted ever wasting my money in dat manner wen I cld have just done it myself (tho I submitted before I joined dis thread) agents can't guarantee your TRV. My one cent!
That means u met a bloody agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
edwinbiz:
That means u met a bloody agent.
Whatever! Lol. Bt I still maintain dat he can do it himself. He doesn't need an agent.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
with God all is possible.
obig:

Anytin is possible, i will try and do the upfront medicals next week. and will submit via online.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
i just need to know as i have never heard someone use it before
lilspiceyy:

Micro finance bank na bank na..... or it is cos it has d name micro? I stand to be corrected oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
obig:
please where is mamaijema? her attention is needed urgently. i want her to tell me how she did her upfront medicals.
Present Sir!... Go to consultants practice wiv 28k, ur intl passport, 2passport photographs & a photocopy of ur data page of d passport.. Tell dem u wanna do upfront Medicals for Canada visa app.. They'll give u an eMedical sheet 2 upload on ur mYCIC acct at d end of d exercise.. Pls rmbr to select yes for d Q abt panel physician when filling d questionnaire... Wishing u loads of grace & favor!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Whatever!
What stage are you in your trv process
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
edwinbiz:
What stage are you in your trv process
Awaiting medicals. Dis is my second attempt and it's gonna be the last IJN

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Awaiting medicals. Dis is my second attempt and it's gonna be the last IJN
Amen dear, Which province are you going to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
edwinbiz:
Amen dear, Which province are you going to?
Ontario.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by EcashPlanet(f): 6:28pm On Mar 12, 2015
opsynusy:
To an Awesome God be all the glory!!!!

So after dancing for 1hr none stop(still dancing).. I decided to share the good news

Opened my mailbox and behold the MEDICAL MAIL.. i'm so happy

Congrats dear!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
I am sorry, but there was no such portion/section in the application forms I filled for all the schools I mentioned.

berexio1:
When applying to these schools, am sure there is a portion on the app dat confirms if u have gotten in touch with any professor in ur area of reasearch...Sure the school tries to help confirm a supervisor for u in that light...I used to believe all MSc(Research) based programs are sponsored..I guess its not thesame anymore from ur statements......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Ontario.
k dear best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
My dear, I never even apply sef, but I have been jackin cic website, vfs website and canadianinternational website since 2013, that i can almost say i don cram the whole website sef..... wink grin grin. I had plans to use PFL before, but since I discovered this forum, I have changed my mind.

My resumption is for September 2015 and I want to apply in May...I am currently gathering all necessary documents, even the VO go know say person apply grin I will so fire them with documents, that they will not even think twice and possibly give me my TRV in 2 days wink plus I also plan to do my medicals before I apply and upload with my application(the instruction on how to do this is on their website)

PeteObaz:

Team12...pls dis u apply urself or through an agency?..Do u advice applying through agencies?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
edwinbiz:
k dear best of luck.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by EcashPlanet(f): 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
fraque192:
Hello Everyone,
I need help.
I want to apply at Selkirk college, September intake, Design and New Media and i'd really love to know all the documents i'd require for the TRV and/or study permit. Also i finished secondary school in 2008 and been working as a graphic designer ever since (some online certification to prove it). Thanks in anxious anticipation.

I'll advice you contact their international admissions office (Email- africa@selkirk.ca). I'm aware that they do not grant admission to anyone that has a study gap of up to 5 years after last study.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mizIvy(f): 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
1st Application
Applied: 27th April
Biometrics: 9th May
Refused: 15th May
Reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, financial and personal assets and current employment situation.

Docs Submitted: Sponsor SOA (Salary Acct M30+, dorm account $120+k),
Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer. NO SOP.

2nd Application
Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Passport Request: 8th December.

Docs Submitted:

*Sponsor SOA for 6months (salary acct. 40+M, dorm acct $120+K)
*Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer
*My four months SOA (500+K)
*Letter of introduction and study leave letters from my employer
*SOP (clearly detailing why I chose to study in Canada and at the University of Regina and my plans to return to Naija upon graduation.

This is all. Note that none of my documents were notarized. If someone agrees to sponsor you and puts it in writing with his contact details clearly stated I see no reason for all that. Sponsor meanwhile is my maternal uncle with different surname. Thanks everyone. If any questions, I'll do well to answer them. May part 7 be better and sweeter than part 6. God bless everyone.
Please can u send me a copy a copy of ur SOP cos I was refuse November last year for same reason as ur first application.
cynthia_luv2006@Yahoo.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by boltemi: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
1st Application
Applied: 27th April
Biometrics: 9th May
Refused: 15th May
Reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, financial and personal assets and current employment situation.

Docs Submitted: Sponsor SOA (Salary Acct M30+, dorm account $120+k),
Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer. NO SOP.

2nd Application
Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Passport Request: 8th December.

Docs Submitted:

*Sponsor SOA for 6months (salary acct. 40+M, dorm acct $120+K)
*Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer
*My four months SOA (500+K)
*Letter of introduction and study leave letters from my employer
*SOP (clearly detailing why I chose to study in Canada and at the University of Regina and my plans to return to Naija upon graduation.

This is all. Note that none of my documents were notarized. If someone agrees to sponsor you and puts it in writing with his contact details clearly stated I see no reason for all that. Sponsor meanwhile is my maternal uncle with different surname. Thanks everyone. If any questions, I'll do well to answer them. May part 7 be better and sweeter than part 6. God bless everyone.

Please, I will be heading to Uni of Sask in same province with Regina. I am sure we can hook up and will appreciate if you can send me a copy of your SOP submitted to the VO with your application. My email is rogba_lekan@yahoo.com

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
boltemi:

Please, I will be heading to Uni of Sask in same province with Regina. I am sure we can hook up and will appreciate if you can send me a copy of your SOP submitted to the VO with your application. My email is rogba_lekan@yahoo.com

Thanks in anticipation.

Seriously I can't get a hold of that SOP. Its been long. We can draft something close to it though. cc MizIvy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by PeteObaz(m): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Team12:
My dear, I never even apply sef, but I have been jackin cic website, vfs website and canadianinternational website since 2013, that i can almost say i don cram the whole website sef..... wink grin grin. I had plans to use PFL before, but since I discovered this forum, I have changed my mind.

My resumption is for September 2015 and I want to apply in May...I am currently gathering all necessary documents, even the VO go know say person apply grin I will so fire them with documents, that they will not even think twice and possibly give me my TRV in 2 days wink plus I also plan to do my medicals before I apply and upload with my application(the instruction on how to do this is on their website)

Nice..u sabi wella..but i was referring to d unversity applications..if u used any agent during your applications
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 7:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
Just to add to what Iyaejima has said, find below info I copied and pasted from cic website on how to avoid delay in your Visa processing wrt Medical report

"You can avoid delays by getting your medical examination done quickly and submitting it with your application. It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination when you submit your application. However, doing so will result in faster processing. For more information about who needs a medical examination, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp."

You can also visit the following link on steps to take to do an upfront Medical check. I have also copied and pasted the steps below for easy glance thru

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

"Two ways you can have your medical exam

1. Wait for instructions from the visa office after you have submitted your application
2. Undergo your medical exam before you submit your application. This is called an up front medical exam. You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:

Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system: they will give you the information sheet printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system: they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application".

IyaEjima:

Present Sir!... Go to consultants practice wiv 28k, ur intl passport, 2passport photographs & a photocopy of ur data page of d passport.. Tell dem u wanna do upfront Medicals for Canada visa app.. They'll give u an eMedical sheet 2 upload on ur mYCIC acct at d end of d exercise.. Pls rmbr to select yes for d Q abt panel physician when filling d questionnaire... Wishing u loads of grace & favor!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by minnietope(f): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
Team12:
Just to add to what Iyaejima has said, find below info I copied and pasted from cic website on how to avoid delay in your Visa processing wrt Medical report
"You can avoid delays by getting your medical examination done quickly and submitting it with your application. It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination when you submit your application. However, doing so will result in faster processing. For more information about who needs a medical examination, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp."
You can also visit the following link on steps to take to do an upfront Medical check. I have also copied and pasted the steps below for easy glance thru
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
"Two ways you can have your medical exam
1. Wait for instructions from the visa office after you have submitted your application
2. Undergo your medical exam before you submit your application. This is called an up front medical exam. You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam if you apply under one of the following categories:
Workers
Students
Visitors (including Parent and Grandparent Super Visa)
Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.
If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system: they will give you the information sheet printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system: they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application".

Thank you very much for this info. God Bless. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by boltemi: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Snappyfingaz:

Seriously I can't get a hold of that SOP. Its been long. We can draft something close to it though. cc MizIvy

Ok, really appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by PeteObaz(m): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
PeteObaz:

Nice..u sabi wella..but i was referring to d unversity applications..if u used any agent during your applications
Team 12??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pickcalmkris: 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
Goodevening all from my time..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by turepadams: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
kemilayo:

Awesome. Good to know and congratulations. How long ago did you apply for your TRV? Was it for study, family visit or tourist?
Applied late January for study visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pickcalmkris: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
Goodevening all from my time here...this is my first time here and i am really impressed in the assistance and the way you all share things...God bless you all and grant us our heart desires this year..Amen...i actually applied for study permit and it was refused on the 17th of Feb...i am planning to reapply,please i need you all to help me in anyway..as per what to do and what might have caused my refusal...Thank you all...@Sega,i greet you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by morgan2006(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pmiller1:

....No u will not summit your int'l PP physically. After when u must have submitted your application online, u ll get a mail for your biometric almost immediately and when u done with biometric wait patiently with prayers for medical call... Then u ll be contacted to summit your Int'l PP physically after passing the medical test... Still waiting for my medical call... All the best... Cheers!!!

Thanks so much @Pmiller1. Really appreciate your kind response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
boltemi:

Ok, really appreciate.
His talking to the babe ooo better mke ur own arrangement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sorry about your delay. Can you list the reasons given and the documents you submitted for the house to be able to advise u accordingly?

pickcalmkris:
Goodevening all from my time here...this is my first time here and i am really impressed in the assistance and the way you all share things...God bless you all and grant us our heart desires this year..Amen...i actually applied for study permit and it was refused on the 17th of Feb...i am planning to reapply,please i need you all to help me in anyway..as per what to do and what might have caused my refusal...Thank you all...@Sega,i greet you

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.