Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1151214 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Moheat:
Hello e-fam, am currently filling my online application and there is a column that says i should provide digital phone. Please are they referring to passport photograph or a portrait photo? Secondly, is statement of purpose the same with letter of explanation? please your response is urgently needed as my time is running out. Thanks
about the Digital Phone/Photo, I don't understand what you mean by that. But for SOP, it is to explain/sell your self to that VO and convince that same VO. LOE from my best knowledge can also be used in place of SOP giving details to all your intentions et al and I also think they use the LOE to explain the connection between you and sponsor sometime especially when you're not directly related. #IMO. Abeg ask more people in the house. I'm not so certain about it. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ifeco1: 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=akanni post=32285027]@Uottawa folks- My peeps, to renew passport at Ottawa, how long does it take now and is the experience much improved?
Thanks guys for your feedback.

Bro pls I need to reach you. Can you drop your email??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by onyekakingsley(m): 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
please am on the process of gathering documents. Am I supposed to submit cic questionnaire for paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by MockinJay(m): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
I'm kinda confused with my tuition fee payment. I asked someone on Reddit about it. He said the payment is per term, 4 months.

The total tuition fee for an undergraduate is approximately 20000CAD. Is he saying I'm to pay that sum every four months? grin grin

The page on the school site States "Winter 2014-2015 tuition fee" it should be a year na?

I'm supposed to resume this fall.

The 20kCAD covers 10 courses, acceptable fee and some other fees(including bus pass)

What do you guys think?

#EngrProgram

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2015
Plz hauz am planning to place my online application route tomorrow..... here
are d docs to be summited.

SPONSOR: MY ELDER BRODA SOA (10M)

EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
2) Family information form
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the School
2) Paid part of the tuition fee ($500)
3) Admission letter

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Employment letter
4) Confirmation of employment letter
5) Introduction & Recommendation letter from my place of work
6) Study leave letter
7) Personal SOA (Closing balance 450k)

ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
3) National Population Commission certificate
4) SOP

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Land property
3) Letter of recommendation
4) Photocopy of his CAC certificate duly certified by ministry of justice
5) Affidavit of sponsorship

All ur responses and contributions are highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 12:33am On Apr 03, 2015
modskiller:
about the Digital Phone/Photo, I don't understand what you mean by that. But for SOP, it is to explain/sell your self to that VO and convince that same VO. LOE from my best knowledge can also be used in place of SOP giving details to all your intentions et al and I also think they use the LOE to explain the connection between you and sponsor sometime especially when you're not directly related. #IMO. Abeg ask more people in the house. I'm not so certain about it. Thanks.

I meant to say photo! its a typo. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 1:39am On Apr 03, 2015
OK.

Kepner:

I think we can agree that yours was under the 'fixed/special case' I mentioned cos you were to begin your program in the summer session.

And from my understanding, regular uOttawa students generally observe the summer break without having to pay tuition for the summer (I think, except he/she wants to take courses or perform any other academic activity).

This has been confirmed by active students.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Onyeoma3: 2:40am On Apr 03, 2015
CoCoLav:

Please where can I find the cost estimate? Only found tuition and incidental fees on the registrar's website.

That's actually what I meant, work with the most current year. Go ahead and use any of the acceptable means of payment to pay your tuition fees. If you pay more than the actual amount, the excess will remain in your students account and used for the next session so nothing much to worry about
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ifegy: 2:51am On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:
I'm kinda confused with my tuition fee payment. I asked someone from the one on Reddit about it. He said the payment is per term, 4 months.
The total tuition fee for an undergraduate is approximately 20000CAD. Is he saying I'm to pay that sum every four months? grin grin
The page on the school site States "Winter 2014-2015 tuition fee" it should be a year na?
The 20kCAD covers 10 courses, acceptable fee and some other fees(including bus pass)
What do you guys think?
#EngrProgram

$20K for the entire school year.
You can typically per term/semester- e.g., if you have four terms, 20/4=5K per semester
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bimbolamelo: 3:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Please can anyone help with the names nursing school at the range of $7000?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asumns: 6:20am On Apr 03, 2015
ada4all:

What is the limit on your card? If its still set at its default limit of N150,000, then you need to contact your bank requesting that you want to increase your limit to the amount that wud cover your tuition after which u can set the limit back to default. Another thing is....does the school accept debit cards? Some accept ONLY credit cards.

Thanks bro. I've tried all these nd still the same story. But I was able to pay 2k this morning sha...i will still try it tomorrow if it will work till I make it 6/ 7k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CoCoLav(f): 6:30am On Apr 03, 2015
Onyeoma3:

That's actually what I meant, work with the most current year. Go ahead and use any of the acceptable means of payment to pay your tuition fees. If you pay more than the actual amount, the excess will remain in your students account and used for the next session so nothing much to worry about

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 6:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Moheat:
Hello e-fam, am currently filling my online application and there is a column that says i should provide digital phone. Please are they referring to passport photograph or a portrait photo? Secondly, is statement of purpose the same with letter of explanation? please your response is urgently needed as my time is running out. Thanks

SOP is d same as LOE and d digital foto is dis type of fotograph dat we normally use for lottery itz normally come out in six... whereva u wanna snap it just tell dem dere... itz bigger dan normal passport ooooo....

Wish u best of luck and remain bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asumns: 6:52am On Apr 03, 2015
Morning!
Pls house, can I submit tuition fee paid receipt printed from my account (student account page). I am asking this to be sure if it's formal enough blc receipt from school will still delay like a week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CHERIPH: 7:00am On Apr 03, 2015
E-family, can anyone tell me whom to address the co-sponsor letter, sponsor letter and other letters to. Pls urgent house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 7:07am On Apr 03, 2015
Gud Morning my people, pls I will like to know may be I will receive mail or text for biometric from VO immediately after my application

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asumns: 7:12am On Apr 03, 2015
Pls, I am having issue about downloading the first form among application forms named "application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294)". Need help on this nd if u have the form u can send it to me If it's the same for every body.
My mail: ayoomo780@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by john4affiliate: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2015
bepzi4jesus:

Plz hauz am planning to place my online application route tomorrow..... here
are d docs to be summited.

SPONSOR: MY ELDER BRODA SOA (10M)

EMBASSY DOCS
1) Application Checklist
2) Family information form
3) QUESTIONNAIRE
4) Application form

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
1) Letter of acceptance from the School
2) Paid part of the tuition fee ($500)
3) Admission letter

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
1) Int Passport
2) Two Passport Photograph
3) Employment letter
4) Confirmation of employment letter
5) Introduction & Recommendation letter from my place of work
6) Study leave letter
7) Personal SOA (Closing balance 450k)

ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
1) NECO Certificate
2) Diploma certificate
3) National Population Commission certificate
4) SOP

SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
1) Originals of the last 6 months of sponsor’s Bank account statement
2) Land property
3) Letter of recommendation
4) Photocopy of his CAC certificate duly certified by ministry of justice
5) Affidavit of sponsorship

All ur responses and contributions are highly appreciated

If your course is related to what you wanted to do in Canada, just join am with prayer and you are gud to go bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by john4affiliate: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
Gud Morning my people, pls I will like to know may be I will receive mail or text for biometric from VO immediately after my application

Thanks

Once u make visa payment and submit you will receive mail from cic within 24hr
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kclexa(m): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2015
Bobola86:

Thanks man. i appreciate. Not yet bro. But will sort that out soon. Coming in for fall so I still have sometime.

Oh, relax.
You got a lot of time to gather enough sun before coming to cool off

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:17am On Apr 03, 2015
john4affiliate:

Once u make visa payment and submit you will receive mail from cic within 24hr

Thanks a bunch bro... Success and victory is ours in all ramification
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2015
john4affiliate:

If your course is related to what you wanted to do in Canada, just join am with prayer and you are gud to go bro.

Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello Gurus in d hauz

Plz just wish to know whether d VO's will contact my employer to confirm if am working with dem
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2015
MockinJay:
I'm kinda confused with my tuition fee payment. I asked someone from the one on Reddit about it. He said the payment is per term, 4 months.

What do you guys think?

#EngrProgram

Hi,
I think what the person meant is you pay per term,I guess there are two terms in a session right? and the payment format is right below where u circled at the bottom on the page I.e
First payment - $10,101.03
Second payment - $9,813.03

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:26am On Apr 03, 2015
bepzi4jesus:
Hello Gurus in d hauz

Plz just wish to know whether d VO's will contact my employer to confirm if am working with dem

Never heard of that happening.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 8:33am On Apr 03, 2015
CHERIPH:
E-family, can anyone tell me whom to address the co-sponsor letter, sponsor letter and other letters to. Pls urgent house

Canadian Deputy High Commission
4, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2015
tnuola:

Okay thanks...

Really apprecite

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bepzi4jesus: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2015
tnuola:

Okay thanks...

Really appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by a4larin: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello.

Please guys I want to know if there is still a need for BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) when traveling as a student. I'll be leaving for Dalhousie and I want to know it its still required and how much it is especially if traveling for the first time. Is it also okay to travel with Canadian dollars or necessarily US dollars please?

I'll appreciate your reaponses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 9:35am On Apr 03, 2015
a4larin:
Hello.

Please guys I want to know if there is still a need for BTA (Basic Travel Allowance) when traveling as a student. I'll be leaving for Dalhousie and I want to know it its still required and how much it is especially if traveling for the first time. Is it also okay to travel with Canadian dollars or necessarily US dollars please?

I'll appreciate your reaponses.

There's no need for it. You don't even need to travel with so much money, maybe just little for cab fare to your destination from the airport and other little expenses.
I guess you'll be going with your mastercard, and that should do.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 9:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Gods1son:

What job should I say I've been doing then, graduated April, 2014.

I think you should mention NYSC in your application cos April 2014 to date is long time of being idle.

Chekyink was engaged in an active program (though not NYSC) and got his Trv. I also spoke about an active program (also not NYSC) in my application and successfully got my Trv.

I'll just advice that you refrain from mentioning your service completion date, so as not to be perceived as an obstruction to your resuming to Canada.
Even though the VOs know what NYSC is, make it seem that, to you, it's an open program that would not affect your resumption.

I hope this makes sense sha, this is a personal opinion though.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 9:50am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello, pls I want to ask if its compulsory for my sponsor n I to sign the letter of introduction as sponsor n SOP? Also, my sponsor's passport expired and she just renewed it, how do I go about the "sponsor's passport page n pages of stamped pages", shld i use both the Old and renewed one? Thank u.@tnuola

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.