Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152551 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by adebimpe1988(f): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
Tanx
tnuola:

Hello dear, I studied mass communication too, here's a list for u to work on, Ive sent to your email, posting it on here Cuz it might be useful to others.

1. Conestoga college : human resources mgt, New media : electronic and print, global business mgt, integrated marketing communications.

2. Humber college : Global business mgt, human resource mgt, broadcasting, business mgt , media communications.

3. Mohawk college : international business mgt, human resources mgt, public relations.

4. Niagra college : human resources mgt, public relations , international biz mgt.

5. Centennial college : global biz mgt, human resource mgt, international biz mgt, strategic mgt, advertising media, corporate communications and public relations, interactive digital media, sports journalism.

6. Fanshawe college : human resources mgt, corporate communications and public relations, international biz mgt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
ManTiger:

Thanks bro. Going to Manitoba.
Heard you're heading to Miami for your hols *wink*

Haha Miami na next summer, that beach tho. Na Toronto I dey head to next week. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
Quick question pls,

Assuming one doesn't get a quick reply from CIC, and you're asked to get a new start date Cuz you missed the one you applied with, will a trv be issued if the next start date is September?
Bottom line is can trv be issued 9 months befor start the date.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nate433guy: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
Snappyfingaz:
TRV is at hand now. Thank God for his mercies. Travel date confirmed: 28th December, EgyptAir. Anyone flying same day to Toronto?
yea am also traveling same date to Toronto but different airline , airfrance by around 11:58
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Babahor: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
pchax:

Your passport can stay in Oregun for 2 weeks before they send it back.
I would advice you go there blindly shaaa... I did not receive any notification that my passport was ready to be collected.
I submitted on Monday and went back on Wednesday morning blindly. They said it was not there. I asked when it would be around. The guy checked his computer and told me 2pm that same day. Went back by 2pm. Tada! It was there. Just take that biometric slip/payment slip or whatever they call that piece of paper along with you when going.
Good meaning someone can go there to collect it without d notification . I submitted on Monday too . It means mine should be back then too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Babahor: 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
Snappyfingaz:

check kijiji.ca
Thanks man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
tnuola:
Quick question pls,

Assuming one doesn't get a quick reply from CIC, and you're asked to get a new start date Cuz you missed the one you applied with, will a trv be issued if the next start date is September?
Bottom line is can trv be issued 9 months befor start the date.

Thanks

Of course. It can be issued smiley Relax, they'll answer you soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kennycooly: 11:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Applied: oct 31
biometric:: Nov 1
No response yet...diz friday should be d 7th week...Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
kennycooly:
Applied: oct 31
biometric:: Nov 1
No response yet...diz friday should be d 7th week...Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I apllied 23rd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 12:01am On Dec 18, 2014
Amefrica:

Of course. It can be issued smiley Relax, they'll answer you soonest.

Thinking thinking, I don't like to give myself false hope, holidays start nextweek, xmas is next week. I like to explore other options in my head, so I don't get caught unawares.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 18, 2014
tnuola:

Thinking thinking, I don't like to give myself false hope, holidays start nextweek, xmas is next week. I like to explore other options in my head, so I don't get caught unawares.

I understand. God ain't sleeping smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 12:50am On Dec 18, 2014
tnuola:

My dear, only we can truely understand shat the feeling its like.
There is still hope...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by GboyegaD(m): 1:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Is there anyone coming to Calgary next Spring and needs a place very close to the university?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 2:19am On Dec 18, 2014
i wish everyone well on this number of perfection(7),please i need you contribution and assistance, having pay for school fees,they said they will send letter of acceptance so that i can use it to apply for my visa, my question now is, can the school help me process my visa or is only my guarantor that can do that for me....your answer will be very welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 18, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom:
i wish everyone well on this number of perfection(7),please i need you contribution and assistance, having pay for school fees,they said they will send letter of acceptance so that i can use it to apply for my visa, my question now is, can the school help me process my visa or is only my guarantor that can do that for me....your answer will be very welcome.

Yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Bellniki1: 4:29am On Dec 18, 2014
If you were given a letter of acceptance, you can use that to apply for visa. I got an offer there with payment tuition deadline for February 28; so I applied immediately hopping I will get a response before February. When is the deadline for payment of tuition?
I am for May

misszionboo:
The school only gave sent me an acceptance letter which dey clearly indicated it's not 4 visa application. That wen I pay half of my fee dey will send d letter of admission nd other things. I need to apply 4 my. TRV. (Niagara college) hope I'm not been scammed o. Cos I'm seeing some pple saying dey didn't pay any fee. @ebola @pachx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by YoboTerry(m): 4:44am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax
I still need a sample of SOP pls
terry_ray68@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by charlesbussyyahoocom: 5:21am On Dec 18, 2014
Best wishes to everyone that feel concern about others wellbeing on here,may God in his infinite mercy be with you all, please i will still need to be enlightened more on the processing, my guarantor has paid for my tuition fees today which i received mail to the effect, now, what type of document do i need or will i need for my visa, and what will i need from my guarantor and like how many weeks will it take before they issue visa and please if there is anything i need to know that i don't ask please tell me.....God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 6:59am On Dec 18, 2014
charlesbussyyahoocom:
Best wishes to everyone that feel concern about others wellbeing on here,may God in his infinite mercy be with you all, please i will still need to be enlightened more on the processing, my guarantor has paid for my tuition fees today which i received mail to the effect, now, what type of document do i need or will i need for my visa, and what will i need from my guarantor and like how many weeks will it take before they issue visa and please if there is anything i need to know that i don't ask please tell me.....God bless.
Please read from
https://www.nairaland.com/1851578/travelling-canada-part-6
To
https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/44#28982464
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2014
IVORY2009:

@ misszionboo - wen you applied to Niagara college, were you told to pay half the tuition fee b4 admission letter was sent? i am thinking of applying too.
. Yea. I applied tru INSCOL HEALTHCARE INC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 7:26am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax:

Baba.. I do not have access to my NL mail ooo... you need to follow me so I can send you a message with my real email.

You can unfollow me after you get the message cheesy
. How do I follow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by misszionboo(f): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax:

Here you go!
. Thanks luv. It will really help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2014
Gudmorn guys,
So at this point i think im goin to mail CIC. Kilode? Tz thursday, no word yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax:

Your passport can stay in Oregun for 2 weeks before they send it back.
I would advice you go there blindly shaaa... I did not receive any notification that my passport was ready to be collected.
I submitted on Monday and went back on Wednesday morning blindly. They said it was not there. I asked when it would be around. The guy checked his computer and told me 2pm that same day. Went back by 2pm. Tada! It was there. Just take that biometric slip/payment slip or whatever they call that piece of paper along with you when going.

Thanks. I went there yesterday and dey said it was still being processed. Will go back there again 2day and check with them. I think this week has been really slow for them... I hope I do not hav to recall my passport eventually.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax:

Here you go!

hello pchax. excellent sop. please i have some questions. mind if i pm you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2014
guys
please anyone with info on Uni Victoria... am considering sending an application there
kinda fed up with manitoba and their supervisor whala
does Uni Victoria require getting one b4 appying too?
How is BC like, Expensive or Cheap

waiting for your reponses gurus so as to submit the application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jaylinaaa(f): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2014
No you don't need a supervisor.

All you need to do is send in your application the usual way.

Vycta:
guys
please anyone with info on Uni Victoria... am considering sending an application there
kinda fed up with manitoba and their supervisor whala
does Uni Victoria require getting one b4 appying too?
How is BC like, Expensive or Cheap

waiting for your reponses gurus so as to submit the application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deeone10: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2014
one of the admission requirements is for me to produce GRE and TOEFL result. please where can I take the test and how much does it cost. Thank u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax:

Good question. Now let's see how we can try to dignify it with a response. There are over 1,000 schools in US and Canada that offer Masters. Since your preferences are good acceptance rate and affordable city (which strikes me as a paradox because CITIES are not often times that affordable to school in relatively), I would advice you start from the bottom up. Do a kind of analysis of income levels of the cities and compare it to the cost of living in the city. A good factor for comparison is the cost of beer. Find the cities with the cheapest beer rates and go to their city council website and find out the cost of living. You then compare the cost of living with your projected income. Make sure you include inflation rates in your calculation. The price of crude oil should be taken into cognizance too as it affects inflation rate. I guess you are still reading as I am trying to dignify your question with a response cos it is really hard for me to recommend schools in US and Canada without knowing your full details.

On a more serious note, in summary, use google. Sorry for being a jer*k.

You are not being a jerk, honestly I think I would have told anyone the same thing too (the use google part). Im a strong believer in personal research but seriously though this time around, google failed me totally and left me more confused for the schools with higher acceptance rate part.

I got close to 20 different acceptance ratings online and they are all not close to each other in a any sensible way that I can even strike an average.

Im going for Masters of Architecture, but got rejected last year when I applied to the university of british columbia on a 2.94 CGPA out of 4.00, and I also tried university of michigan in the usa but never got a chance to submit my application because I applied late.

This time around, I thought a little suggestion from nairalanders abroad could help.

But I guess I'll take my chances again. Thanks for your contribution btw.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kabosky1956(f): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Kabosky1956:
Please house...for applicants who use the Paper route,does CIC still send out letters of approval/introduction via email before dispatching documents to VFS? Any one with a clue or recent experience, please help out?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2014
jaylinaaa:
No you don't need a supervisor.

All you need to do is send in your application the usual way.

Thanx dear do u knw any thing abt BC? Hw its like
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by gabialonso(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2014
Vycta:

Thanx dear do u knw any thing abt BC? Hw its like
what do what to know abt BC, you might want to check this out. Hope u find what you looking for. www.nairaland.com/472150/coming-canada-choose-british-columbia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.