Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152583 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
adeekiti:
please, i met an agent via complete sport which i believe some other people did contact him on thesame canada resident permit and i submitted my application after printing out the form he sent to my box and scan back with my documents and my wife's and daughter's details and he said the process will be done in ghana and few days after i paid 15k and submitted my datapage to him and he confirmed to me that my application was submitted, i got a mail from him, a validating copy of approval...and he said i have to pay the visa fee now through him or i do it myself but he prefer he's the one to pay...pls can i go ahead with the process through him

Every transaction is based on agreement and trust, just follow your heart. Cos, man would always wanna say 'had i known' if anything goes awry.
...but you can do these things yourself, if you pay due diligence here... Coming here changed my mind from using an agent though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
congratulations bro
Snappyfingaz:

check kijiji.ca

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
gabialonso:
what do what to know abt BC, you might want to check this out. Hope u find what you looking for. www.nairaland.com/472150/coming-canada-choose-british-columbia

Nice one... cheesy cheesy cheesy going through it already thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
5p1naz:

You are not being a jerk, honestly I think I would have told anyone the same thing too (the use google part). Im a strong believer in personal research but seriously though this time around, google failed me totally and left me more confused for the schools with higher acceptance rate part.

I got close to 20 different acceptance ratings online and they are all not close to each other in a any sensible way that I can even strike an average.

Im going for Masters of Architecture, but got rejected last year when I applied to the university of british columbia on a 2.94 CGPA out of 4.00, and I also tried university of michigan in the usa but never got a chance to submit my application because I applied late.

This time around, I thought a little suggestion from nairalanders abroad could help.

But I guess I'll take my chances again. Thanks for your contribution btw.

Now you are talking. You gave us more details that we can work with like your area of specialization, your CGPA etc. To start with, I admire your taste in schools. UBC and uMich are really top schools in their respective countries (they are both within top 5 in their countries in Computer Science don't know about other fields). Having said that, to enter such schools for an MSc, your application would be considered against some crazy dudes who made a Quant score of 175 in GRE and developed a super-collider in their BSc level.

So what's the way forward? I would advice you decide on a country to start with. USA and Canada have similar educational systems but different immigration systems. Choose the one that suits your need. You mentioned standard of living. You can google most expensive cities in USA (Newyork, LA etc) or Canada (Vancouver, Toronto etc) and then you look for schools not in that city to apply to.

Another way to go around this is to know your research interest and get schools that are good in that field. It would surprise you that some little schools may be masters in your research field. For example, University of Waikato (New Zealand though) or something like that is one of the leading schools in Machine Learning cos of the software they developed.

Wishing you the best bro!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Asalyn: 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys...pls I need help oo. I juz submitted my passport and I realized I need my biometrics slip to collect my passport back and I misplaced some docs including d biometric slip. Has anyone xperienced dz before?...I need u guys help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
Asalyn:
Hi guys...pls I need help oo. I juz submitted my passport and I realized I need my biometrics slip to collect my passport back and I misplaced some docs including d biometric slip. Has anyone xperienced dz before?...I need u guys help
That should not stop them from giving you your passport. Just go there with some other relevant documents for authentication.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
@mrnilobrawn...Any news yet? 6 weeks for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
@mrnilobrawn...Any news yet? 6 weeks for me
Yeah it is... Tho i'm still lookin at those ahead. U get.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
Has any1 heared from newbie2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
So has ny1 else waited this long after passing medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jaylinaaa(f): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Na only us waka come oh grin

Tsola6:
So has ny1 else waited this long after passing medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Anugoson(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
@ jaylinaaaa....xup? have they emailed u for passport submission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nekkii(f): 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
This wait is really getting me nervous....hmmm e no dey easy ooo abi Cic don start theirs hols already, since monday no news.... God ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
Lol! CIC dia ris God oooo
jaylinaaa:
Na only us waka come oh grin

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
@anugoson boss. i dont know if you received my mail? please check your box. you were supposed to send me something. cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
Madam jay jay! She has even left Nigeria (;
Anugoson:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
Y'hello house, please have been trying to sign this forms i download from CIC and proofs abortive. The signature path from my adobe reader is degraded but any other documents i can sign my signature but on the forms this: IMM1294E, IMM5483E and IMM5645E... how do i go about this please?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pmiller1:
Y'hello house, please have been trying to sign this forms i donload from CIC and proofs abortive. The signature path from my adobe reader is degraded but any other documents i can sign my signature but on the forms this: IMM1294E, IMM5483E and IMM5645E... how do i go about this please?
just enter the date of that day in the date field...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
Just a few tips for those coming in to Canada.

1 - For those that did the online submission, all the letters sent to you via CIC, (e.g. biometric instruction letter, medical letter, and passport submission letter), carry them all with you please. The Passport Submission Letter and your School Admission letter will be asked for at Immigrations in order to Issue your Study Permit. What you get after applying is just your Visa which enables you travel in.

2 - For those that are not taking direct flights to your province, please make arrangement for enough transit time when getting to your final destination. Loads of people come into Canada on a daily basis, so there might be a long queue at Immigrations. (e.g. I missed my connecting bus from Montreal to Ottawa cus of the long queues. So had to pay for another bus.)

3 - (This one here is optional) Try and pick a date close to your resumption time to come in. Maybe like a week to or something. Lol, I'm here now because flight was cheaper. Hehehe, and I wanna move around before program starts. But all the same, this doesnt have to do with anything sha sha, so no much worries smiley

4 - Try and get someone to pick you up from your final stop because I was lucky the taxi driver had a phone with GPS. I called my street name for the man thinking bcus he's a cabby, he'll automatically know it. And obviously, I just came in, so no mobile data to use. Wifi was only on the bus, at the airport, but obviously not in the cab. Lol. I tried saving maps images before coming in sha, but still on, I doubt it would have been good enough, cus Ottawa is a very big province.

5 - Change some currency at the airport before coming in. Maybe like CAD200 or smfin. Cabs here are not like lasgidi or UK where it might be fixed or something, the cabs use meters. (My heart was just beating as the meter was jumping sha! Thank God I changed some cash so I could pay or it. You dont have to use a cab doh, if someone can pick you up and your load isnt much, you can take the bus actually. But really, just prepare for a cab sha, cus me I utilised my travel load to the limit cheesy

6 - Getting a phone line shouldnt be difficult I assumed. But I'm still tackling that as I write. They need some government Issued ID to fix you on a contract since getting prepaid like in lag is too expensive and doesn't cut it based on data at all. Maybe it's the mall I'm trying to buy from sha, but I'll go smwer else later today. Hopefully I'll sort that out. Been making all my calls using the Internet. (This saved me everywhere, made calls in Paris, Montreal, on the bus, etc). Try it out, there are several Voip Operators online that you can use. Telbo.com, Nono.com (not sure of that one), mobilevoip sha sha, just google it. Download the App, and recharge with your mastercard smiley

7 - PREPARE FOR THE COLD!! Hehehe, I came prepared. Go to Yaba, buy very few winter tins (for those coming in January). Weather here now is about 0 or -1 degrees, and trust me, that's a good weather based on what I've heard. Get good shoes too, those that wont let you slip and fall. Cus when it rains after the snow, it gets pretty slippery.

I'm sure some people have looooooooadz of questions. Lol, I just thought of the people here and decided to share a few things for y'all. I know many are still on the getting visa paroles, but God shall see us all thru. I will update as often as the cold might let me. Lol, don't mind me. Just keep pushing. I hope this was helpful for someone. Sorry if I made typos ooo, and I didnt check my english too. Lol. Cheers people!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
blink6:

just enter the date of that day in the date field...

I have filled that of the date in front of it, shld the signature space be blank?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pmiller1:
Y'hello house, please have been trying to sign this forms i download from CIC and proofs abortive. The signature path from my adobe reader is degraded but any other documents i can sign my signature but on the forms this: IMM1294E, IMM5483E and IMM5645E... how do i go about this please?

If u ar applying online u ar NOT supose to sign those using adobe signature.
Just proceed to upload wen u ar done filling them. U will get to a point where u will sign by entering your name.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
I'm lowkey thinking maybe CIC have stopped applications already. Coz if you've noticed they've not crossed to november !Just a thought sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

If u ar applying online u ar NOT supose to sign those using adobe signature.
Just proceed to upload wen u ar done filling them. U will get to a point where u will sign by entering your name.

Thanks bro... guess it has to be left blank then. just filling the ones i download applying online Jan btw...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nekkii(f): 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
Padike:
I'm lowkey thinking maybe CIC have stopped applications already. Coz if you've noticed they've not crossed to november !Just a thought sha
seriously it's like you already knw wat I've been thinking it's already 18th dec and no Nov applicant’s have been called... speechless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pmiller1:

Thanks bro... guess it has to be left blank then. just filling the ones i download applying online Jan btw...
Yeah... Leave the signature part blank but input d date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pmiller1:
I have filled that of the date in front of it, shld the signature space be blank?
yea! Leave it be.

Now, click on validate and see what happens.

@jckeme, how much did u buy a winter coat at yaba?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 3:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
please whats the difference/advantage of an online application over the paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by gabialonso(m): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
Pmiller1:

u didn't fill the UCL number entry i guess?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
gabialonso:
u didn't fill the UCL number entry i guess?

Nope...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
blink6:

yea! Leave it be.

Now, click on validate and see what happens.

@jckeme, how much did u buy a winter coat at yaba?

Okay... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jaylinaaa(f): 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
At all. Still waiting.

Anugoson:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jaylinaaa(f): 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Lol I pray oh!

Tsola6:
Madam jay jay! She has even left Nigeria (;

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.