Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150117 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loladeoye: 6:02pm On May 28, 2015
Zattiezat:
Hello house,
This 6 weeks wait is a lot o lol, the forum really helps though, everyone z doing a great job.
The recent refusals tho... Phew
T is well

I am watching you o. I dont want to talk yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kykybfo: 6:13pm On May 28, 2015
@HaqinsbFX,pls check your mail abeg.tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 6:29pm On May 28, 2015
Padike:
He received a mail showing his TRV has been approved? I strongly doubt. Ask him to confirm coz I can't see his post on that
I got the approval mail.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2015
mevisbleek:

Good day mr solo, after living in Canada for a minute I totally agree with you on the keeping church aside.

However, haven lived in naija, Kai I will understand why we can't keep church aside. U need God oh. For something as little as visa one can use diabolical means to make sure that u never get the visa (all them our village people). My brother u won't understand. Naija tough. Lol

I know that u cannot comprehend the juju things. Juju is a real as HIV, until e catch u before u go believe.

Please don't crucify me. I'm just saying oh

Haha, I'm not gonna crucify you. Everyone can believe in whatever they want, and pray as much as they want. I'm just saying everyone should be considerate in public and think about others that might not share that same believe system. My family is Igbo, so I understand the juju line of thinking but I get uncomfortable with things that my alienate people that don't come from my background ( I feel bad for people from the north that go to naija embassy in ottawa, those of you that have been there know what I mean).

anyways, didnt mean to derail the thread. Just like keeping secular threads secular. Helps naija people feel as one in my opinion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 6:38pm On May 28, 2015
Has anyone been here with a visitors visa lately?, I'm curious to see how long it takes. One of my aunts came last christmas and it took like 2 weeks. I'm trying to find out if she was just lucky. I want to invite some other people next yr.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:48pm On May 28, 2015
Rreplied
kykybfo:
@HaqinsbFX,pls check your mail abeg.tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by burrytee(m): 6:51pm On May 28, 2015
kudos to everyone here.please ihave always gone through the trend but not gotten a relevant answer to my question.
I appreciate guys respond to application made with HND certificate.please i want to start applying but i want to lay my hands on multiple college/universities to increase my chances.i have been to several school website where they demand application/processing fee.

Do i have to pay processing fee/application for all the school i applied for or please how do i go about filing multiple application.your respond will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 6:56pm On May 28, 2015
darefestus:

Boss, Who is this Sponsor? Or how did you state your relationship with the him/her?
You could also help us with the date you submitted and your program.

An uncle with a different surname... Submitted on 12 april & biometrics on 13th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Padike: 7:03pm On May 28, 2015
Joe980:
I got the approval mail.

Well I'm not sure that's how it is for everyone, coz the person didn't get Sha. We went to vfs together as we were hoping he got it until we saw it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Solo8(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2015
burrytee:
kudos to everyone here.please ihave always gone through the trend but not gotten a relevant answer to my question.
I appreciate guys respond to application made with HND certificate.please i want to start applying but i want to lay my hands on multiple college/universities to increase my chances.i have been to several school website where they demand application/processing fee.

Do i have to pay processing fee/application for all the school i applied for or please how do i go about filing multiple application.your respond will be highly appreciated.

Yes you pretty much have to pay to get your application processed. As to applying to different schools at once, I'm not sure if international students can do this, Hopefully someone clarifies that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 7:18pm On May 28, 2015
burrytee:

Why dnt u research schools u'd like to attend....see what they have to offer and see if u meet their requirements...mail or call them if u have to, to further validate if u stand a chance..I know Canada doesn't have weak schools but some schools are more competitive than others....pick two less competive schools and any other two of Ur choice and apply...Ull need to pay processing fee for each application...so u should also consider that.....then put faith and positive thinking to it and Ull do just fine....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:20pm On May 28, 2015
You can apply to as many schs as u want at the same time.
As long as you hav ur fees and documents
Solo8:

Yes you pretty much have to pay to get your application processed. As to applying to different schools at once, I'm not sure if international students can do this, Hopefully someone clarifies that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
maybe u check ur spam
Checked! Waiting for your reply.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:37pm On May 28, 2015
Okay padike,
Did that happen this year...

Because in the approval letter that's bn sent, there's a paragraph which says print this along with your passport and show it to the immigration officer.

Does everybody have to take this letter along with the passport at the POE
Thanks
Padike:

Well I'm not sure that's how it is for everyone, coz the person didn't get Sha. We went to vfs together as we were hoping he got it until we saw it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 7:39pm On May 28, 2015
That'll be maternal then...
Does he have the same name as your mother's maiden name.
If yes, just put the right documents to. Show that and re submit
Cherokee:

An uncle with a different surname... Submitted on 12 april & biometrics on 13th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 7:40pm On May 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
You can apply to as many schs as u want at the same time.
As long as you hav ur fees and documents

He can also apply via ontariocolleges.com, that way he applies to abt two/three schools or so at the same time, not so sure sha there's albertacolleges.com too

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 28, 2015
anthochie:

Bro...me I dnt understand Ohh...I got the doc complete mail..since December last year...the deadline elaspsed March 31 st this year...yet my online status says pending dept/faculty selection
applied for msc computer science co_op

I am in your shoes. University of Alberta no gree answer me too. I don call sef tire....application still under review. My docs were complete since beginning of Feb.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 8:00pm On May 28, 2015
Fablady:

I am in your shoes. University of Alberta no gree answer me too. I don call sef tire....application still under review. My docs were complete since beginning of Feb.

Thank God I applied to MUN and some schools in Finland...na now I know the meaning of "dnt put all Ur eggs into one basket".
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cronsberg: 8:06pm On May 28, 2015
So guys i just got an update from CIC that my tourist visa application has been refused. Reasons been that
1. Travel history. even though i have been to two countries before. and must someone have a travel history before travelling to canada? what if every country demands that all applicants must have a travel history. How then can you acquire travel history without travelling?

2. Family ties in canada and home country. First of all am single. Can't a single person travel again? Furthermore, i have a complete pdf file named family/home ties but there isn't any section to upload it on the visa application and CIC. I included parents and siblings and business as my home ties, if those aren't enough home ties, i don't know what is.

3. Personal assets and financial status. Again, no provision for uploading personal assets. Because i said i have a business, they provided a section to upload my business registration, but the thing is my business registration is still pending approval from CAC. I also have a piece of land that isn't registered but still poses a sales agreement by a law firm and a site plan performed by lands and survey. As per statement of account. I provided a total of 900,000 naira account statement that is after payment of all airline tickets, hotel bookings, tour booking via a reputable canadian tour operator and all I was still left with almost 900,000 naira. Notwithstanding, i uploaded the CAC page that shows my business is still pending to be approved, pictures of the business(a cattle fattening business) e.t.c shouldn't i have indicated that i have a business?

Guys, please do you think i should re-apply? maybe with a better explanation letter? My travel was due by 29th of june. This current application took about 20 days for them to come to a final decision(i applied May 8th and decision came today 28th May), so if i apply again, will i get a decision before the 29 June dateline? Do i stand a better chance with a clearer explanation letter that will include the sales agreement of my land, explain my business but don't indicate i own a business on the CIC questionaire. If all fails, how do i now get my money from the hotels i paid for, the return airline ticket that costs me 300,000 naira, the in canada airline tickets that costs another 70,000 naira and the rest? My second travel choice was sweden, do you guys suggest that i don't waste my money on re-applying and instead apply for a swedish visa?
Please advice guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by JJCE(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2015
anthochie:

Thank God I applied to MUN and some schools in Finland...na now I know the meaning of "dnt put all Ur eggs into one basket".
abeg boss jami si, how finland package, me too won get option B.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by anthochie: 8:18pm On May 28, 2015
JJCE:
abeg boss jami si, how finland package, me too won get option B.....
I'd love to help but I dnt think this is the right thread for this...go to the travelling to Finland thread...and Ull get loads of information..I'll also answer questions within my ability as regards Finnish admission there...though I believe most schools in Finland have concluded admission processes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justicia: 8:49pm On May 28, 2015
Hello house, please am reapplying soon. Does my sponsor have to write a new Letter of Sponsorship to say that he has now upgraded his account, or I should use the former letter and just attach the new account statement showing his new balance. And if he has to write another one, can he refer to my former application or he should not make any reference at all. Pls help o. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:52pm On May 28, 2015
Make references in my own opinion.
It gives an impression of having done your homework well.
Letting them know you always had the money but thought the amount tendered before would be sufficient.

justicia:
Hello house, please am reapplying soon. Does my sponsor have to write a new Letter of Sponsorship to say that he has now upgraded his account, or I should use the former letter and just attach the new account statement showing his new balance. And if he has to write another one, can he refer to my former application or he should not make any reference at all. Pls help o. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Cherokee(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
That'll be maternal then... Does he have the same name as your mother's maiden name. If yes, just put the right documents to. Show that and re submit
He doesnt have the same surname as mum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2015
ManTiger:
Ghen ghen...
Another epic episode on the way...
Grab my cold chilled palm wine as I relax for the gladiators to come to the Arena. grin grin grin
Bro,where you dey? Your help is needed. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:26pm On May 28, 2015
oh...
some step uncle things...
what do u intend doing now

by the way did they tick a box on the letter or it was hand written.
Cherokee:

He doesnt have the same surname as mum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by prettyhauweezy(f): 9:53pm On May 28, 2015
Hello beautiful house, is been 46 days today since I had my biometrics and am yet to get the mail for medical. I am really worried. I need some words of advise FROM you guys please. Biometrics done since 13 April,2025.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:08pm On May 28, 2015
Joe980:
Could you list documents submitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ddbluv: 10:09pm On May 28, 2015
Hello house, please where can someone perform the medical test at a reasonable price. I enquired from one of the registered clinic and was told N28K, Any lesser price would be appreciated as I do no think they should charge me that much, my body is in perfect shape, everything is negative..Lol
Pls reply ASAP..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Phronesis2: 10:15pm On May 28, 2015
@Solo8, I sent u a message, awaiting your response.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mevisbleek: 10:15pm On May 28, 2015
prettyhauweezy:
Hello beautiful house, is been 46 days today since I had my biometrics and am yet to get the mail for medical. I am really worried. I need some words of advise FROM you guys please. Biometrics done since 13 April,2025.

Before we advise, promise us that you will let us know when u are called for medical and not just run off :-)

Try to be calm maybe ur app dey that medical request pile atm. Mine took 4 months I lost hope but at the end I got a positive news. Cic site says 8 weeks for app sent to Ghana so relax you are almost there. Takecare. Begin go price winter jacket for idumota cos u Don enter Canada finish ijn

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Taike: 10:21pm On May 28, 2015
prettyhauweezy:

You should get a reply soon. Cherokee also did biometrics on the 13th, and he got a reply today. We are waiting for your good news!

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.