Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! (3810 Views)

Graduates Of Insurance,actuarial Science And Risk Mgt,let's Meet. / What Does Actuarial Science Entail? / Insurance And Actuarial Science Graduates Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hi people, I'm torn between Medicine and Actuarial Science. I'm passionate about both and both are rewarding careers. I got admission to study both. I'm considering picking Actuarial Science. Is there anyone that studied it, knows someone that studied it, or knows one working as one or any useful information about it ? Kindly comment . Thanks
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by 9jaSceptic: 6:05am On Dec 10, 2014
Kemmiiee:
Hi people, I'm torn between Medicine and Actuarial Science. I'm passionate about both and both are rewarding careers. I got admission to study both. I'm considering picking Actuarial Science. Is there anyone that studied it, knows someone that studied it, or knows one working as one or any useful information about it ? Kindly comment . Thanks

For Acturial science you have to be mathematically fit to succeed that is, above average in maths in particular and calculations generally, while for MBBS you should have a flair for extensive studying and have a service oriented mentality given you scale all the hurdles that would make you a medical Dr.
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2014
9jaSceptic:

For Acturial science you have to be mathematically fit to succeed that is, above average in maths in particular and calculations generally, while for MBBS you should have a flair for extensive studying and have a service oriented mentality given you scale all the hurdles that would make you a medical Dr.

Thank you smiley
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Yababoy(m): 10:49am On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Lordnewton1(m): 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
hello, would like to know the decision you took and how it has played out for you cause am in a similar situation...choosing between banking and finance and actuarial science. Thank You
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Well, I'm studying Actuarial Science now. I'll advice you do a thorough research about it on google before going for it. I've been made to know it's REALLY challenging and it requires great determination and perseverance. If you don't like challenging 'stuffs' then don't go for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Lordnewton1(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kemmiiee:
Well, I'm studying Actuarial Science now. I'll advice you do a thorough research about it on google before going for it. I've been made to know it's REALLY challenging and it requires great determination and perseverance. If you don't like challenging 'stuffs' then don't go for it.
hope i wont have issues with futher maths during screening ??
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 11:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lordnewton1:
hope i wont have issues with futher maths during screening ??

Once you're very sure you've made the right decision, then no problem. Further Math is no longer compulsory for Actuarial Science in Unilag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Lordnewton1(m): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kemmiiee:

Once you're very sure you've made the right decision, then no problem. Further Math is no longer compulsory for Actuarial Science in Unilag.
Yes have made my choice and its actuarial sci. Got 65.63 as agg while cutoff is 52. You've been really helpful thanks. And please from time to time i would ask little questions and i would need advise on how to carryon with the course as you are more experienced...i dont want to make mistakes and really want to finish with a good result. I Thank God i found you on this platform. Thanks and God bless...Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kiingsolomon(f): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2015
Nice group... Followed.
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Lordnewton1(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lordnewton1:
Yes have made my choice and its actuarial sci. Got 65.63 as agg while cutoff is 52. You've been really helpful thanks. And please from time to time i would ask little questions and i would need advise on how to carryon with the course as you are more experienced...i dont want to make mistakes and really want to finish with a good result. I Thank God i found you on this platform. Thanks and God bless...Thanks for your time.

No problem. You're welcome.
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by cjay105: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Plss I really nid an advise seriously plss can somone who is not too good in maths study actuarial sci plss help me
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Lordnewton1(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2015
cjay105:
Plss I really nid an advise seriously plss can somone who is not too good in maths study actuarial sci plss help me
yes you can, and you can improve in math if you are dedicated
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by cjay105: 7:59am On Oct 18, 2015
tanks a lot @lord newton for ur reply, I ask d question because I was just newly admitted to study actuaria science in university of benin,in the 2015/2016 session instead of accounting nd I heard u must be mathimatically fit to study acturia science, but am not too good in maths. I really like the course, but based on my mathimatics promblem am just still tinkin how it will be for me
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by ajasa4link: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
cjay105:
tanks a lot @lord newton for ur reply, I ask d question because I was just newly admitted to study actuaria science in university of benin,in the 2015/2016 session instead of accounting nd I heard u must be mathimatically fit to study acturia science, but am not too good in maths. I really like the course, but based on my mathimatics promblem am just still tinkin how it will be for me
Since u have already been given admission, the best way to tackle ur mathematical problems is to take the bull by the horns. In the university there are people we call scholars, these are people who are quite good academically and even their course mates testify to it. In fact some of them are better than our so called lecturers in some ways. And by that I mean while lecturers will teach u and u won't understand, that same course work will be explained to u by a scholar in ur department and u will understand even to the extent of teaching others.
So I advise u get closer to a scholar in ur department who is at least 2 or 3 years ahead of u who can always put u Tru on course works that prove difficult and trust me u will not only graduate with a good result, but also be able to Defend ur grade anywhere.
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by cjay105: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
ajasa4link:

Since u have already been given admission, the best way to tackle ur mathematical problems is to take the bull by the horns. In the university there are people we call scholars, these are people who are quite good academically and even their course mates testify to it. In fact some of them are better than our so called lecturers in some ways. And by that I mean while lecturers will teach u and u won't understand, that same course work will be explained to u by a scholar in ur department and u will understand even to the extent of teaching others.
So I advise u get closer to a scholar in ur department who is at least 2 or 3 years ahead of u who can always put u Tru on course works that prove difficult and trust me u will not only graduate with a good result, but also be able to Defend ur grade anywhere.
tanks alot for ur msg,I appreciate, I just pray I can cope, cus apart frm maths am good at any oda subject in social sci
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by haryomikun(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
Kemmiiee:

Just got provisional admission for actuarial science into Unilag

Any tips you can give ma'am?
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
Congratulations. Well, it's been quite a while and what I'll just say is Actuarial Science is not for everyone, actually, it is for a select few. I'm not even referring to the school courses now. You need to start preparing yourself for the professional exams from now. Also if you don't enjoy math or challenges, then start planning your escape route from now.

This is not to scare you. It's simply honest truth. However, it is 100% doable. You just need to be prepared and disciplined and you need to do a lot of internet research to be informed on the profession.

I wish you the best in your studies. Stay focused and be avoid trouble.

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Emperordamzzy: 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
Please I'm trying to process my admission but I did not have physics in my O'level result and I saw four courses on unilag portal that I can study ( Actuarial science, Banking & Finance, Insurance and Economics) which one is advisable to study between the four that pays well
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by appstatus: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
All the best topic i love this [url=thefamousnews.com]topic[/url]
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by haryomikun(m): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2019
Kemmiiee:
Congratulations. Well, it's been quite a while and what I'll just say is Actuarial Science is not for everyone, actually, it is for a select few. I'm not even referring to the school courses now. You need to start preparing yourself for the professional exams from now. Also if you don't enjoy math or challenges, then start planning your escape route from now.

This is not to scare you. It's simply honest truth. However, it is 100% doable. You just need to be prepared and disciplined and you need to do a lot of internet research to be informed on the profession.

I wish you the best in your studies. Stay focused and be avoid trouble.

Cheers.
I was a Jupeb student. I've now been given admission into 200 level. I presume you're almost done with Unilag now.

I need guidance on actuarial science... May i have your contact please? WhatsApp contact preferably ma'am.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Information About ACTUARIAL SCIENCE ?! by Kemmiiee: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2020
Hello send me a mail koyinlade@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Fashion designers whatsapp group / Make Over 500k In 3 Months With Just 5k / We Buy USA Amazon Gift Card 100-500$ With Cash Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.