Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency (13342 Views)

Three Soldiers Killed In Abonnema Rivers State / Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Pension: We Got N17.1b Not N70b – Ex-soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by TheRealMrStan(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2014
The National Chairman of the Nigerian Legion, Col. Micah Gaiya (retd.), on Monday said that 100 ex-servicemen had been killed in the North-East part of the country, being ravaged by the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

The legion caters for the welfare of ex-servicemen and persons who have distinguished themselves in the wars in which Nigeria has participated.

“We lost over 100 members to the current insurgency in the North East and the affected families are in dire need of help,” Gaiya said at the launch of the emblem for the 2015 Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He also told the audience that included President Goodluck Jonathan that only N30m had been redeemed out of the N105m pledges made by individuals and groups during a similar emblem launch held last year.

He said, “We intend to organise a special empowerment programme for the victims in the North-East zone and the Ministry of Defence will be duly briefed about the proposal in due course.

“Let me use this opportunity to honestly thank those who donated to the Nigerian Legion during the last launch.

“I however want to inform us that of the N105m pledged on December 16, 2013, in this very venue, only N30m has been redeemed to date.

“The saddest thing is that these pledges are made in the public eye, leaving us with no avenue to tell the world that such pledges have not been redeemed.

“We call with loud voice on those that have not redeemed their pledges to honourably do so.”

Gaiya appealed to those who attended the Monday event to pledge only what they could afford to redeem.

He said the appeal was necessary so that he would not be wrongly accused of embezzling the group’s money.

The Nigerian Legion chairman said the organisation had not been able to venture into the area of assisting its amputee members because of the cost implication of such an assistance.

Jonathan at the event directed his Chief of Staff, Brig.-Gen. Jones Arogbofa, to get the list of those who had not redeemed their pledges with a view to facilitate payments.
http://www.punchng.com/news/bharam-100-ex-soldiers-killed-in-neast/

1 Like

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Firefire(m): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2014
embarassed angry

May the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace

I am sure the bloody boko campaign shall be over soonest… Nigeria Army winning the war already.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by ceo4eva: 8:34am On Dec 09, 2014
Firefire:
embarassed angry

May the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace

I am sure the bloody boko campaign shall be over soonest… Nigeria Army winning the war already.

1 Like

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by godofwar666(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2014
Has anyone notice that TheRealmrStan post is making Front page undecided or is nairaland site hacked angry and op thunder fire you na only U get fp angry

5 Likes

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Firefire(m): 8:37am On Dec 09, 2014
godofwar666:
Has anyone notice that TheRealmrStan post is making Front page undecided or is nairaland site hacked angry and op thunder fire you na only get fp angry

my friend, bad belle no good for your health.

1 Like

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Princess2be(f): 8:38am On Dec 09, 2014
godofwar666:
Has anyone notice that TheRealmrStan post is making Front page undecided or is nairaland site hacked angry and op thunder fire you na only U get fp angry
I think he's a super mod. So all his topics must make front page, whether useless or meaningful.
Someone even created this topic earlier but as a super mod, this one will hit front page.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by godofwar666(m): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2014
Firefire:

my friend, bad belle no good for your health.
mumu this not bad belle mata I pray u post a reasonable write up n it didn't get to fp u will knw how d thing dey be undecided. Thunder fire u too

2 Likes

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Firefire(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2014
godofwar666:
mumu this not bad belle mata I pray u post a reasonable write up n it didn't get to fp u will knw how d thing dey be undecided. Thunder fire u too

no vex. Thunder no fit fire firefire grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by ichidodo: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2014
This man is unbelievable..
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by okpismart: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2014
May they rest in peace

APC governorship candidates: Their Strengths and Weaknesses
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/2014-apc-governorship-candidates-their-strengths-and-weaknesses
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by chaloner(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2014
Ok so Mod and Super mod feel dey can u anyhow here? Even seun knws he can jus b putin anytin witout seense on facebook, sorry nairaland...... Dis is as if our naira is useless in d land
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Rilwayne001: 8:56am On Dec 09, 2014
[size=15pt] RIP to the dead cry [/size]

Its as a result of this our corrupted government.

Let us all stamp out corruption next year valentines day

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1918123_b32ljfeicaivujw_jpeg32b2bb5daf5abb423be6e20d08b70369

3 Likes

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Opeedo(m): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2014
Why do we keep shedding innocent blood?

Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by jacabi(m): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2014
These people should be adequately cater for.
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by simplemach(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2014
We don hear
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by clemz88(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Crying
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 09, 2014
R.I.P
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2014
Jonathan!!

[size=16pt]Only For Serious Minded Individuals. If the amount You want to make Before Dec 31 2014. Is above 200K, Comment with "AM IN" I will be giving out A Free E-book on how to do that.[/size] DETAILS HERE
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Lilimax(f): 8:58am On Dec 09, 2014
I know that one day, bokoharam will be a thing of the past.

TheRealMrStan, your post always hit the front page.
Good
smiley
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by fuckyouhard: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2014
is this even a useless topic? ..........beeches undecided
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 09, 2014
frustratedman:
jacabi:
Oh
ichidodo:
bb
ultimatetboy:

See them.
On a Tuesday morning for that matter.
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Francon(f): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2014
Why can't it be the other way round? Rip
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by chiibekee(f): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2014
People just dey die like fowl. God we dey ur hand oooooo
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by nikkflexible(f): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2014
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by hismond(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2014
RIP

as I luv military reach

www.propertywaka..com
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by ichidodo: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

See them.
On a Tuesday morning for that matter.
What is your concern??.amebo..
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by micolaj: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2014
No difference between GEJ's regime and Military regime. Both are blood sucking governent. Hmm
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Elcemento(m): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2014
evil men angry angry angry

#CEMENT!!! 300 BAGS MINIMUM, NO MAXIMUM.
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Tobilastik(m): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2014
ok
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Tobilastik(m): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2014
hmmm.... I did not even read d headline self....I jxt comment
Re: 100 Ex-soldiers Killed In North-east Insurgency by Ameedan: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2014
RIP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Hails Super Falcons For Winning AWCON 2016 / Video Of Okorocha Explaining The Misunderstood Statues (Throwback) / Court Ruling On IPOB As Terrorist Group Denigration Of Judiciary - Ohaneze Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.