Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

The Blue House - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blue House (643 Views)

The Darkest Shade Of Blue / The Blue House / Out Of The Blue ( Novella) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blue House by OmololaOpatayo: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2014
Morning Nairalanders, this is an excerpt of the beginning of my series The Blue House. I shared the first episode of the fourth season yesterday but you can start from the very first episode of the first season here.

The New Neighbours
The Agunbiade’s

The truck drove off as Kunle closed the gate. With a huge smile on his face he walked back towards his

new home, his wife Banke was in the sitting room looking around the place impressed. She was glad that

they had hired The Movers, not only had they transported their new things, they had also put everything

in its place.

“So what do you think?” Kunle asked excitedly pulling her to himself and setting her on his laps.

“I love it, I’m really glad we hired Lydia to do the interior décor, she did a very good job.”

“Yeah, even though it cost me a fortune” he said rolling his eyes.

“Don’t be a scrooge jo!” She replied hitting him playfully on the chest.

“You know I love you and I would do anything for you?” He said, lovingly stroking her face. “And you

too.” He added, his palm on her bulging stomach.

The Browns

“Kids! Bedtime!”

“Nooo...” the twins chorused still playing horse with their father.

“This is not a discussion. Get up and go to bed now!”

“But we still want to play with Daddy!” Max cried.

“You’ve played enough, go to bed!” She ordered.

“Mummy please!” Sharon begged. “Daddy?...” She said, hoping he would appeal to their mother.

“Go to bed guys, we’ll play tomorrow okay?” Effiong said. Max and Sharon obeyed reluctantly, sulking all

the way to their room.

‘You should have let them stay up longer, it’s the weekend after all and you know they barely see us

during the week.”

“We have to be in church early tomorrow” Olayinka said with finality, cleaning up the sitting room as

Effiong sighed watching his disciplinarian wife. “I think the new neighbours have moved in.” She said

suddenly.

“Yeah... I met them downstairs when I got back from the barber’s, they seem nice” He said with a shrug.

“The wife is pregnant.” Olayinka said mischievously.

Read more here: www.omololaopatayo..com

(1) (Reply)

What You Think Is Childish Is What Your Girl Need To Hear / What Is The Worst Book You've Ever Read / ISIKA, The Woman With A Strange Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.