Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,216 members, 7,849,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia (780 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / Nasarawa State-APGA Gubernatorial candidate. Labara_Maku at campaign rally. / Nasir El- Rufai Wins APC Governorship Ticket In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by AlexOtti2015: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2014
Former Group Managing Director/CEO of Diamond Bank Plc, Dr Alex Otti yesterday in Umuahia emerged the gubernatorial candidate for the February 2015 general election in Abia state.
At the gubernatorial primaries of the party held at the Lakewood Hotel along Aba Road Umuahia, the state capital, Otti polled 485 votes out of a total of 503 votes cast to defeat his rival Mr Chikwendu Udensi who scored 8 votes.

Out of a total of 511 delegates accredited for the primaries conducted in a free and fair atmosphere 503 voted while 10 votes were voided
Addressing party supporters shortly after he was declared winner by the chairman of the APGA electoral committee, Otti expressed his appreciation delegates for conducting themselves in an orderly manner during the conduct of the primaries.
He said: ‘’ I must thank God for a very peaceful election and the delegates for their support. Let me also that those who didn’t vote for me because I know that as time goes on they will come to understand what we have come to do in APGA. All in All I am very happy with the result of the primaries’’, an elated Otti said

Fielding questions from journalists, the First Class Economists said that the deplorable state of Abia is the main reason why he came out in the first instance but that it is not too late to salvage the situation adding that it could have been worse if ‘’people like us did not take the bold step we took because I believe that I have the capacity, the skills and the network as well as the experience and training to turn the situation in Abia around’’
‘’In terms of potentials, I believe that Abia state is blessed because we have the resources both material and human, creative minds and entrepreneurs. What is required is a little support from government by way of creating the enabling environment and that is exactly what I have come to do for my state’’. He said

The APGA governorship candidate reiterated his commitment to embark on massive infrastructural turn around across the state to aid commerce and industry even as he said that healthcare and educational systems in the state will be turned around if he becomes governor for the betterment of the citizenry.
He emphasised that his administration will ensure that teachers in the state receive proper training to enable them impact qualitative knowledge in school children at various levels in the state because according to him if the state is populated with high rate of uneducated class then the state has a problem in the future.

Otti, also pledged to create job opportunities for the teeming youth in the state in other to get them to be gainfully employed to dissuade them from social vices in the state. He noted that a lot of Abians are farmers operating at subsistence level but however pledged to enhance their capacity to produce in commercial quantities.
While expressing his determination to run and win the governorship election in the state, the APGA candidate also reminded Abians that the time for their liberation is now and however, urged them not to allow it to be thwarted.

1 Like

Re: Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 09, 2014
i don't know this man too well but i love his biography.

1 Like

Re: Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by kurupt1: 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
Otti the anointed one by God!just the way david was anointed to free his people from the philistines so will you free abians from T A orji and his cronies.

3 Likes

Re: Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by Katchaz: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
This is good for Democracy, we need change in Abia State, with God all things are possible.
Re: Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by OccupyAbia: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Congratulations Sir, you are the best choice.
Re: Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by Dpeacemaker101: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thank God for men,like Dr. Alex. We believe in you, and we know with you that Abia will be transformed. We should all vote PDP out in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Otti Wins APGA Gubernatorial Ticket In Abia by chimerase2: 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
Anytin dat will oust T.A orji PDP in abia is welcomed

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Scorecard: APC Presidential Aspirants Speeches. / A Big Slap!**: Buhari Is Weak; He Can Not Change His Attitude.- Ibb / Can Jonathan Ever Do This?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.