Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria (26152 Views)

How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial / We’re Going Bankrupt, Non-oil Exporters Cry Out / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by biafranqueen: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
nkpommpko:
for the dangotes these government agencies are not for small scall exporter, we need to encourage small scale export, so every body can get involved
I suggest you go to your local office and just get some info when you have a chance. Even if you get information from other exporters or on how to secure a loan it is helpful to learn. BTW people like Dangote have no need for such, this is for the everyday person to get info. Just try your luck my Dear it won't hurt.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by sukkot: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
biafranqueen:
Great point! What is needed is manufacturing or packaging the raw foods. Importation of food needs to drop by 1/2, so people will have no choice but get creative.
exactly. how are ya ?

1 Like

Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by dublinkmy6: 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
For people like me who are very much interested in this idea, but have no farm, how can we get involved? I mean, where do we start from?
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by hahn(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Infomizer:

1. Economics (Foreign exchange, balance of trade)
2. Some of the 'foods' that are exported are used more abroad than here, as in, the local consumption is far lower than what is produced, e.g sesame seed, hibiscus flower (zobo), gum Arabic and so on. Apart from cassava and its end products (Garri should be almost free for Nigerians), I think we'd be better off exporting o!

Cheers

Good points. However, production for the local market should be the first priority before exportation.

That's my take
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by biafranqueen: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
sukkot:
exactly. how are ya ?
I am good thanks for asking, hope your good.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by sukkot: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
biafranqueen:
I am good thanks for asking, hope your good.
am aiitttttt. chillin. doing the do grin

1 Like

Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

Opportunity comes but once in a lifetime.
This opportunity is just for the people that
have passion for agriculture and at the same
time want to make money and create wealth
for themselves and it is available for the first
100 people to signify interest to cultivate
plantain or cassava.

This opportunity is for:

1. Farmers that already have established
farms from 1hectare and above but not
making good profit..

2.People that wants to start their
agribusiness but have no time to engage in
the enterprise.

3.People that wants to venture into
agriculture but needs experience people to
work with.

This is what you stand to gain from this
opportunity...

1. Help you sell your produce to our markets

2.No Management fee to be paid by you.

3.No Set-up fee will be required from you.

4.Free consultancy and trainings (Time of
training to be choosen by you at your own
convenience)

THE ONLY CONDITION:
I will only charge 20% of the profit realised
from the sales of your produce.

Check me on the agric section to claim yours.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by nkpommpko(m): 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
biafranqueen:
I suggest you go to your local office and just get some info when you have a chance. Even if you get information from other exporters or on how to secure a loan it is helpful to learn. BTW people like Dangote have no need for such, this is for the everyday person to get info. Just try your luck my Dear it won't hurt.
my dear I have.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by emmyz09(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
Onegai:
What about Sorghum?

I have an interest in it, but would rather be a silent investor, than be involved in day-to-day running. Show me a viable Business plan, outlining your buyer, operations, expected and projected 5-year growth (solid numbers), fallback plan, let me weigh the pros and cons, get 2 lawyers to represent us and a bank through which we conduct the transaction legally and I get surety on my investment (should you decide to abscond or swindle me of my investment), well you can add me to your pool of investors. I've seen some proposals, but I always get the feeling it's a one-man show and I will hear all sorts of stories, so I back away.

Some of us would rather invest in the business as shareholders than run the day-to-day company. But you need to do your math and be open and honest, and for goodness sake, don't appeal to me on the basis of religion or tribe. I will never invest with those sentimental parameters.

I have a good proposal but wish it can start after the elections inbox me ur email. emmyz03@yahoo.com
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by okotv(m): 5:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
biafranqueen:
What a blessing your hobby can make you a very wealthy person.
yes o....farm work in this modern time seems archaic but I nevertheless like it

1 Like

Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
@biafran queen, plz de-mystify how to source for contract for export.
most exporters take lots of money from newbies to source for contract for them, in this internet age and time.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by biafranqueen: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2014
nkpommpko:
my dear I have.
Did they offer you any assistance what did they say?
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by GRACEGLORY: 12:17am On Dec 11, 2014
GRACEGLORY:
We are urgently in need of: 10, 20, & 30 Tonnages trucks (Box Body) to convey our light goods and it is a permanent job.
Products: BISCUITS...

For details:

Call: +234803 054 6462
Pin: 7a146d67
-Cyrus Jesunifemi
E-mail: cyrusjesunifemi@gmail.com...

Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by Infomizer(m): 3:16am On Dec 11, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
I don't get the charcoal part.
I thought the world has moved away from that as an energy source?
Trust me bro, the world hasn't gotten around not using charcoal for BBQ and in many restaurants. The international demand is high!!!

hahn:

Good points. However, production for the local market should be the first priority before exportation.
That's my take

Sure. That's the logical thing to do and that's what is being done, at least for those commodities that have a high local demand.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by CyreB: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2014
datmix:
Export timber and you will be smiling... Its contraband thou but if you know your way out you will smile to the bank... Na Nigeria we dey

...yet a person like U will blame our leaders for a bad governance...
Why don't we change our mentality for ones so that the next generation will not have us to blame.
If for any reason the government place a ban on any type/kind of business, I believe its for our own betterment. Let the desired change start from you please!!!
There is no arm in well doing. Thanks
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by criuze(m): 10:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Chrisabig:

If you can get the gallstone then we talk business, I live in China.

That should imply that you need supplies from Nigeria.

If that should be it, tell me the produce you will be needing and how to get you
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by femi9naija(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2015
biafranqueen:
The Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) is the government agency responsible for regulation, promotion, recording and monitoring of export trade in the country. It is the organ which the government uses to implement its export policies and strategies.
http://www.nepc.gov.ng/page_contact_us.html
How the Nigerian Export Promotion Council Can Help You
The NEPC became even more active under the democratic dispensation. As an exporter, there are several ways through which the NEPC can help and protect your export business. Some of these include-:

1. Provide a list of Exportable Products-: If you are just considering going into export business but you are unsure of what to export; you can visit the NEPC’s website. There, you would find a long list of products that you can export and the countries you can export to. If you have an existing business, you can also find out where you can start exporting your products to through the NEPC. There are also materials that you could download on their website or materials you could picks up from their office that sheds more light on this.

2. The NEPC also provides technical support to exporters in the following areas-:

Ensure proper documentation of export transactions-: Proper documentation is very important in exportation because it shows proof and provides a legal basis for transactions. The NEPC would let you know which documents you need, how to get them, the need for those documents as well as the places to send the documents to.
Business Registration -: Before you can carry out exportation business; you have to register with the NEPC. This registration is beneficial for you because the NEPC maintains a database of all Nigerian exporters that overseas buyers can use to find legitimate suppliers. That opens ups another avenue for buyers to reach you and buy products from you.
Quality and Standards-: The NEPC also monitors the quality and standards of products goings out to ensure that they are of high quality.
Payment-: The agency also helps you suggest the best and most secure payment methods.

3. Organize Trade Fairs and Exhibitions-: The NEPC also helps to organize and facilitate the participation of Nigerians in international trade fairs and exhibition events. If you are registered with the NEPC and have a solid or innovative product; the NEPC can facilitate your participation in trade fairs and exhibition programs.

4. Bring Exporters together-: The NEPC also creates an avenue for exporters to come together under one umbrella to relate and discuss issues related to export promotion and development. It makes it easier for exporters to network with one another.

5. Provides information on product sourcing-: If you are unsure of where to get particular products for export, you can ask the NEPC for help. They would be able to give you information on where to find the products you are looking for in Nigeria.

6. Administer Grants and Incentives-: If you are registered with the NEPC, then you can easily access some of the grants and incentives that the government doles out regularly to help exporters in the country. Exporters of agricultural products receive a lot of incentives from the government regularly.

7. Help to simplify the export procedure-: If you are new into exportation, it’s easy to get confused and misunderstand the procedure; a visit to the office of the NEPC would help to enlighten you and put things in perspective. The NEPC can assist you such that you don’t have to go through some so-called ‘export gurus’ who charge you thousands just to train you on how to start an exportation business.

8. Carry out research and studies-: The NEPC also carries out regular studies and research into matters concerning exporters and factors that may affect/influence exportation in Nigeria. As an exporter, you can benefit greatly from such research and studies.

9. Help to solve problems-: If at any point in your export business you encounter some challenges or problems; the NEPC is your go-to agency for complaints and solutions to your challenges. If you want to find out if a company/overseas buyer is legitimate or not; you can contact the NEPC who would help you investigate through the buying country’s embassy.

10. Create awareness and publicity-: The NEPC also does a lot of local and international advertisements and promotions which is also directly beneficial to you as an exporter.

11. Provide Financial Support-: Lastly, you can get financial support through the NEPC; although the NEPC might not be able to give you direct loans, they can provide useful information on where to get loans easily for your export business. They may also be able to guarantee a loan for you.
but how effective and reliable are they? u know all ds govt agencies now
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by holajeedayy: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
@ brifranqeen,can u pls help me with the contact of food dryer seller or fribricator uurgenly send to jidealade123@gmail.com
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by gowaga68: 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
where are all the lovely people here at?
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:47am On May 07, 2015
Plantain is the best and less risky farming business to do.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by GRACEGLORY: 12:47am On Jun 19, 2015
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by kenya10(m): 5:31am On Jun 19, 2015
Chrisabig:

If you can get the gallstone then we talk business, I live in China.
I can get u the gallstones, send me a mail on Joshua_oluwaseun82@yahoo.com. or call me 08092190070.
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by EXPORTFINANCE: 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
funding available for charcoal export only...08077881934
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by Asumns: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
HSA exports and distributes tropical hardwood charcoal i.e Ayin and its fingers, neem or acacia, and our firm is one of well known charcoal producer that deal with charcoal in large quantity in Nigeria. More so, consignments packaging are usually determined by the buyer either to have it in bulk packaged or to have it packed in variant kilograms of 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, etc. for inquiry, email; hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800. Call; 08067522299
Re: 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria by Bimsee: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIMS Asset Management: A Fraud? / My Bad Experience with Konga.com and Its Resolution / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.