Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother (28501 Views)

Challenges Of A Single Mother / Results ; Christmas Giveaway For Single Mothers / Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2014
aisha2:

Why do we buy goods online? Are there no shops around us?
Same way online charity is needed because some people are far from us yet need help.

As for not knowing the donor its a job I studied and practice, I cannot work anonymously.

Anyway no more responses from me like I said its so younger ones can learn. If celebrities can flaunt cars and houses so young people will want to be like them why wont we flaunt charity so more people can get involved more. Bible says if we must compete let us compete in doing good not in vain things

@aisha2...dont respond again,you have done a good thing, let God who sees our motives, intentions, heart, thought and imaginations be the judge..Merry Christmas......... kiss

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by cococandy(f): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

Work on yourself! Don't ruin the reputation u have built on nairaland.

Hate is in you. Not everyone will suck up to u in life. Pls grow up. Check your first response to my initial post before this started.

Have a nice day.
there's so much love in you it makes you bristle when you see others being kind to those who need it.

Once again
Reputation?
Online personality?
People sucking up to me?

You're a confused buffoon. I wonder if my name is in the title of this thread and what all of this has to do with me.
Shebi you're happy to have come and spoilt the flow of the thread with your self righteous nonsense. Party pooper.
Have a goodnight.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by jaybee3(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2014
Abeg we don too digress jare so let's refocus the energy on the subject matter.
Do we have a final list and how much do we have in the kitty?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Kajiang02(m): 8:52am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:
The real poor people are all around us in real life and not online!

This is now turning into a NOTICE me gesture on nairaland.

Is Aisha2 saying she doesn't know any single mum in need in her community?

It was babymama now aisha2.

I don't have a problem with giving but I'm beginning to feel this is more like a popularity contest for those with little change on nairaland.

People in need are everywhere, we don't need nairaland to get across to them if indeed we are giving without expectations.

Popularity contest how pls?
I don't get that part. As well as the "NOTICE ME" gesture

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by jaybee3(m): 8:57am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

We have a generous forum member that intends to bless a single mother with #20,000 this xmass. We intend to keep the forumite anonymous but the money is now with Seun, Mukina etc (any reputable known member should do)

The conditions are...:

Case closed.
Oga, you do realise this action (raising awareness of single mothers) of hers alone can positively spur other people to do more.
You really need to stop knocking people's mode of donation preference since they have the right to choose whatever method they had be comfortable with. The fact and the single most important thing is those that need help would get the much needed help

8 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

Truth hurts ehn.

Online giving. Do u people go out at all?

Givers that require cheerleaders.
If people could have online sex, online gossip, online bullying, online tarnishing of image, online suicide, online scamming, online arguments, online insult........THEN TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ONLINE GIVING?

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2014
jaybee3:
Abeg we don too digress jare so let's refocus the energy on the subject matter.
Do we have a final list and how much do we have in the kitty?

Would you like to help verify?

We have 4 respondents who have been sent verification emails and we have a sum of 100k n some items

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by jaybee3(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2014
pickabeau1:

Would you like to help verify?

We have 4 respondents who have been sent verification emails and we have a sum of 100k n some items
Let's discuss offline bro

Good work guys
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

We have a generous forum member that intends to bless a single mother with #20,000 this xmass. We intend to keep the forumite anonymous but the money is now with Seun, Mukina etc (any reputable known member should do)

The conditions are...:

Case closed.
Maybe you should lead the way.

Why not start it now so others will learn from you, its not yet late you know.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:17am On Dec 13, 2014
cococandy:

there's so much love in you it makes you bristle when you see others being kind to those who need it.

Once again
Reputation?
Online personality?
People sucking up to me?

You're a confused buffoon. I wonder if my name is in the title of this thread and what all of this has to do with me.
Shebi you're happy to have come and spoilt the flow of the thread with your self righteous nonsense. Party pooper.
Have a goodnight.
Why you dey fall my hand naaa. Why are you replying that guy.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee damn him.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by oluagness(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2014
Many poor people in society, aishatu giving on Christmas? Islamic way of recruiting poor, gullible, uncontentious and innocent people to Islam. One of Islamic agendas. Beware

Modified:
Sorry for inconvenience this post might have caused, I support helping hand in all form provided is not attached to any secret motive. I posted it based on what one lady experienced.
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by veave(f): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:
The real poor people are all around us in real life and not online!

This is now turning into a NOTICE me gesture on nairaland.

Is Aisha2 saying she doesn't know any single mum in need in her community?

It was babymama now aisha2.

I don't have a problem with giving but I'm beginning to feel this is more like a popularity contest for those with little change on nairaland.

People in need are everywhere, we don't need nairaland to get across to them if indeed we are giving without expectations.

Bia, mr analyzer of the world. So you now live with her abi? Some people cannot just be happy seeing others doing good. You really need Jesus.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by veave(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2014
oluagness:
Many poor people in society, aishatu giving on Christmas? Islamic way of recruiting poor, gullible, uncontentious and innocent Christian to Islam. One of Islamic agendas. Beware

Oga, you need a 3D slap to reset your brain.
Please do not come online to expose you illiteracy.
Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by pickabeau1: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2014
oluagness:
Many poor people in society, aishatu giving on Christmas? Islamic way of recruiting poor, gullible, uncontentious and innocent Christian to Islam. One of Islamic agendas. Beware

I had to laugh

However if a Muslim helps another human what us wrong with it
Is that not what the good Book says "when did we feed or cloth you Master.

As you did it to your brother or sister you did it onto me"

Moreover the sponsor is a christian

6 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Evina(f): 10:05am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

The conditions are...:

Case closed.

We know your type. Akagum. People like you only sit on their throne of misery, in their world of hate, seeking good people to pull down to their level.

Nobody here needs your inconsequential input. Take a dive.

Aisha, you are a blessing and an inspiration to many with a giving heart. You are the kind that the bible refers to in the scripture,"God delights in the prosperity of His servants". God will continue to delight in you and so will mankind.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Ezeanna: 10:07am On Dec 13, 2014
Some people are always too ready to second guess other people's good intentions. They are always standing on the sidelines, not doing anything remotely active to help improve the lot of the people around them, but they are actively watching and waiting to pounce on the person who takes the first step towards help and charity.

@ Aisha2, God will bless you for this kind gesture. A person should give charity wherever they are moved to do so. It could be online, offline, however.
Don't let critics bring you down.

4 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Caracta(f): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2014
oluagness:

Whoops!!! And what have you done to 'recruit' Christians? Some of you are so....arrrggghhh!

It's a good gesture. If you have a problem with the conditions, point it out sensibly...not condemning the OP or writing off the idea. Do you know how many people would do anything or how many single mothers would sleep with men just to get N2, 000 this Christmas? Don't deny one person and a child from smiling this season.

Personally, I feel comfortable helping online. At least that way, the recipient would probably never see me or know my real name. It feels good to help when you know the person won't turn you to a god or see you outside and identify you.

Yes the conditions may not be feasible but we can work something out (and I think she has).

Well done Aisha2. Me likey cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 13, 2014
Caracta:

Whoops!!! And what have you done to 'recruit' Christians? Some of you are so....arrrggghhh!

It's a good gesture. If you have a problem with the conditions, point it out sensibly...not condemning the OP or writing off the idea. Do you know how many people would do anything or how many single mothers would sleep with men just to get N2, 000 this Christmas? Don't deny one person and a child from smiling this season.

Personally, I feel comfortable helping online. At least that way, the recipient would probably never see me or know my real name. It feels good to help when you know the person won't turn you to a god or see you outside and identify you.

Yes the conditions may not be feasible but we can work something out (and I think she has).

Well done Aisha2. Me likey cheesy

I have a problem with people who only know how to blabber about but do nothing. If you ask that same dude what he has done to assist someone from his immediate family, he may have nothing tangible to mention and here he is condemning the kind gesture of another.

Oh well, most of us are hypocrites. I'd say no more. This Christmas, let the love go round.

Good job Cara. Keep it up Aisha2, you'd be rewarded in a better measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by edwife(f): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2014
Some of us do not live around people in need,the only way for us to give to anonymous people is through Nairaland....
Don't get me wrong,there are charity organisations and advertisements on tv or churches for that cause but Nairaland feels more like Home...

So Aisha2 for this great cause and in the spirit of Christmas,i am going to add a little token for the single mothers.

I pray that God provide and give you strength to raise great kids,do not be dismayed or pay attention to what people say around,being a mother is a blessing itself. It shall be well with you all.

Aisha,give me your email address..

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Caracta(f): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2014
Scrypt:

I have a problem with people who only know how to blabber about but do nothing. If you ask that same dude what he has done to assist someone from his immediate family, he may have nothing tangible to mention and here he is condemning the kind gesture of another.

Oh well, most of us are hypocrites. I'd say no more. This Christmas, let the love go round.

Good job Cara. Keep it up Aisha2, you'd be rewarded in a better measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.

Amen o. God bless us all.

Time to go hunt for my Christmas presents cheesy
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by agarawu23(m): 10:35am On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

Person in need asking through the forum is completely different from someone that wants to give and organises a mini competition with judges....

Anonymous givers do not require cheerleaders!

Therein lies the hypocrisy for me. We don't need to know...the people that fits your criteria are right there in your community.
wats CHEERLEADERS u kept repeating? charity can be done in anyway and I blv God knws the hrt of givers who dont want praises or being noted.

I gat a name for u. in Arab country, we call ppl like ZABOROMA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2014
Caracta:

Amen o. God bless us all.

Time to go hunt for my Christmas presents cheesy

Lol, I was just gonna ask for mine. tongue
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2014
IDEApro:
This sort of thing encourages marriage breakups and set the tone for feminism since this platform will give a voice/encouragement to it.

Op, while I encourage your laudable objective, I am of the opinion that only widows should benefit from the scheme but this just a harmless suggestion since you reserve the right to do your thing your way.

Open one for widows, Wetin do your hands , who are you to tell Op the kind of charity she should be involved in?

It's people like you that will chase out pregnant teens while dumping their kids in the gutter because you soooo much cherish your marriage tales than life involved.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Babymama1:
Oya give me my money grin grin grin grin
I am carrying triplets
Hahahahahahahahahaha
ROFL
My son thinks I'm crazy

Ukwu nwanyi owerre !!

Na your belly big like this ? this one na ejima oo cheesy
Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2014
cococandy:
How do you know she doesn't help the poor around her? What if she helped them and decided to help some anonymous folks online too? Some of you smartasses need to SHUT THE FVCK UP!

This babe you are becoming aggressive oh. Nairaland do you like this ? You learned the lesson on survival in the jungle .
grin

Some folks here, we suppose use marine rope tie their kpomo mouth. They just open their mouth to speak nonsense .

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2014
cococandy:
you're so dumb. Do you or anyone else here know her? Who could possible give her or the other donors praise (if that's what they are after) more than those who know them in real life?
Nna swerve make I see road abeg.
Just take your xtupid self away from here. Irritant

grin grin

thats my gal

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Gboliwe: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
rman:

Online philanthropy is okay and should not be discontinued.

I am just not in tune with someone coming out to announce " I want to help someone and these are my conditions...."

Sorry but how does it affect you? I make the money, I decide how to spend it and who to spend it on. It shouldn't bother you. People are different.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Gboliwe: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
pickabeau1:

At the bolded it seems a lot of forum members share a belief in helping those around them rather than online people.

The question now should online philanthropy be discontinued.

Cc jaybee3
Caracta
Gboliwe

Its a personal decision to make. I took a decision recently and would work with that until something else comes on. If I have an option of being involved in an online philanthropy and doing a community service aka helping those around, I would take online philanthropy.

I will share an event that happened to me recently. I was sent on an errand to the hospital, in the course of running the errand, I met someone who needed what I could help with. I cleaned her bill by the grace of God. I walked away very happy believing God was waiting for me at the junction to bless me with the Bentley I have been eyeing. On monday, which should be roughly one month after I did what I did, I got a call from the office that some people were looking for me and insisted they must be attended to by me. That was scary until I was told they were elderly. (A couple, or looked like one). I still refused to see them but delegated another staff to attend to them. I got to the office on tuesday to see two biiiiiiiig heads of banana and a 4L gallon of redoil. The name doesn't ring a bell neither will I see them on the road and recognise them, but because they found out a way to reach me, they came to appreciate the gesture. This is what I DO NOT want! I don't want people blowing trumpets, or singing my tale. I prefer the philanthropy displayed here where noone can get through to me to try to show appreciation. If online philanthropy is discontinued, I would of all men be miserable. I find it hard helping out offline without it being linked back to me and I don't want that.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by rman: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Exactly the kind of response I was expecting from the supporter club.

@Aisha2, apologies for being the devils advocate on your thread.

@others,

Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by Gboliwe: 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
@topic, what a beautiful gesture. May God bless you aisha2 and the other donors. God will indeed replenish. Well done

1 Like

Re: Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother by r231(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
Gboliwe:
@topic, what a beautiful gesture. May God bless you aisha2 and the other donors. God will indeed replenish. Well done

Where is my share undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / My Wife: Why Is The Life of Women So Complicated? / I Think I Am Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.