Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo (14042 Views)

Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes / How To Cure Apollo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,
my little boy in basic two is infected with the seasonal eye infection popularly called Apollo.. I think he contacted it from his classmate. Please does any one know the quickest and most effective way of treating it before it spread to the entire family. I will be grateful.
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by banjicom(m): 6:22am On Dec 10, 2014
urine is one of the cure!
when he wakes up in the morning, make him urinate inside a bowl and wash his eyes with it.
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by boujaye: 10:28am On Dec 10, 2014
banjicom:
when he wakes up in the morning, make him urinate inside a bowl and wash his eyes with it.

true?
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2014
eye drops.. and to prevent it from spreading, make sure doesn't scratch his eye. cos it can spread from scratching the eye and then touching some one elses eye. directly and in directly .. everyone should also wash their hands regularly
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 12, 2014
feran14:
eye drops.. and to prevent it from spreading, make sure doesn't scratch his eye. cos it can spread from scratching the eye and then touching some one elses eye. directly and in directly .. everyone should also wash their hands regularly

I already have it
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
banjicom:

There are people here who truly need our help, do you think it's fair to make a mockery of their predicament? Please let's learn to live and let live smiley
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
brito:
Dear Nairalanders,
my little boy in basic two is infected with the seasonal eye infection popularly called Apollo.. I think he contacted it from his classmate. Please does any one know the quickest and most effective way of treating it before it spread to the entire family. I will be grateful.

Hi it's been two days since you posted, how's your son now?

1 Like

Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
excelsia:
Hi it's been two days since you posted, how's your son now?

He is getting better, thanks

1 Like

Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
brito:

He is getting better, thanks
Good news, you're welcome smiley
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by banjicom(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2014
excelsia:
There are people here who truly need our help, do you think it's fair to make a mockery of their predicament? Please let's learn to live and let live smiley

so you think am joking right?
you can ask from people around you ( if you stay in a rural area ).
beside urine doesn't have any bad effect on the eyes!
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
I hope u better now,Ms brito?
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
SuperMartins:
I hope u better now,Ms brito?

yea, see you tomorrow, gud nite

1 Like

Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
brito:

yea, see you tomorrow, gud nite
Alryt..make sure not to find me within ur dream..I won't be a good boy init..Lol
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by quest003: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
of course urine does help

1 Like

Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by quest003: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
excelsia:
just in case you didnt know this before, URINE is a really good treatment for apollo
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by dunhill20: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2014
brito:
Dear Nairalanders,

the best way in treating eye infection quickly is using eyebrite. I give him just 1 day after use.
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2014
You can use breast milk also.... Jst apply it as if you are using eye drop.
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
SuperMartins:
Alryt..make sure not to find me within ur dream..I won't be a good boy init..Lol

how you dey?
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
brito:

how you dey?
Am ok and I hope u re too..
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by lomaxx: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ask4bigneyo:
You can use breast milk also.... Jst apply it as if you are using eye drop.

banjicom:

quest003:
of course urine does help

This post is late. I was just reading through the thread until I passed by the following posts. Please - urine, and breast milk are not part of the treatment guidelines for a patient with red eye. Urine passing through the urethra is not sterile and one is bound to introduce microorganisms into the eye. Same goes for breast milk - it is a potent culture medium for microorganisms and can cause more harm than good.

Imagine you had a mere viral conjunctivitis which manifested as red eye. What do you think would happen when you use a gonococcal urine sample from a probable asymptomatic person to wash your eye? Pathetic.

Also, that someone has a red eye does not mean he/she has conjunctivitis. What the OP narrated would most probably be a viral conj. because of the season, means of spread and the ease of cure. However, it is important to note that red eye doesn't mean one should go start using eye drops without medical guidance. Please let's be guided.

One love.
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
brito:
Dear Nairalanders,

brito mind urself o

if my wife catch u.. she no go like am..i swear
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
selfoss:

brito mind urself o

if my wife catch u.. she no go like am..i swear

My husband na nlder too, seriously are you married?
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
brito:

My husband na nlder too, seriously are you married?

i know you are na smiley
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
selfoss:

i know you are na smiley

I didn't get u
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
brito:

I didn't get u

i said i know u are married.
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
SuperMartins:

That was mean, why talk like that anyway sorry I quoted you
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Perpetual459: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
I BELIEVE SO MUCH IN BOSOM MILK FOR TREATMENT OF CHILDREN(BELOW 3)EYE PROBLEM,I USED IT AND IT WORKED,BOSOM MILK IS MEDICINAL BT THAT URINE OWN I NEVA TRY AM OOOOOOOOOOOOO
brito:

That was mean, why talk like that anyway sorry I quoted you
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
Perpetual459:
I BELIEVE SO MUCH IN BOSOM MILK FOR TREATMENT OF CHILDREN(BELOW 3)EYE PROBLEM,I USED IT AND IT WORKED,BOSOM MILK IS MEDICINAL BT THAT URINE OWN I NEVA TRY AM OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yea I agree with bosom milk
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by estheremma(f): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
I kw dis reply is late but i want o say we shd be careful what we put in our eyes bc alot of people ar blind bc of carelesnes,nevr use some1s prescription esp for your eyes,my family had dis apollo all thru xmas n'wen we contacted our family doc he askd us to use nothing but paracetamol n'wash hands regularly esp after contact with d'eyes,he said its a viral thing n'would go away after d'virus wears off pls be wise
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by Perpetual459: 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
YES U RE RIGHT
estheremma:
I kw dis reply is late but i want o say we shd be careful what we put in our eyes bc alot of people ar blind bc of carelesnes,nevr use some1s prescription esp for your eyes,my family had dis apollo all thru xmas n'wen we contacted our family doc he askd us to use nothing but paracetamol n'wash hands regularly esp after contact with d'eyes,he said its a viral thing n'would go away after d'virus wears off pls be wise
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by kingofpool: 7:20am On Mar 30, 2015
My dear if it happens next time, just apply allo-vera, it stops it like magic, thatz what i used to treat my younger brother own... Thankz
Re: Treatment For The Eye Infection Popularly Called Apollo by ucyprian(m): 3:34am On Dec 02, 2016
Just contact apolo also

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Oyo Discharges 2, Catches 1 Escapee As Another Absconds To The North / LASUTH Performs First Kidney Transplant / Astrazeneca Vaccine: 8,439 Mild, Adverse Effects Occur - NPHCDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.