Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Tin-Can Trailer Park: Alleviating Apapa Gridlock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Tin-Can Trailer Park: Alleviating Apapa Gridlock (568 Views)

Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / Gov Akpabio The Tin God Of Akwa Ibom State / Ogun State Government Construct Trailer Park On Lagos/ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tin-Can Trailer Park: Alleviating Apapa Gridlock by jerricho(m): 8:27am On Dec 10, 2014
I erroneously thought that the trailer park located at the Tin-Can Island Port Second Gate will be ready for business by now.

Apparently, that should be the permanent solution to the terribly gruesome gridlock on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, and also other port access roads.

Judging by what I saw on the construction site yesterday, the trailer park could cater to 500 or thereabouts trailers and tankers.

Imagine taking about 500 trailers and tankers off that pathetic port road. That'd bring big blissful benefits to the entire Apapa metropolis.

There's also an access bridge leading to the park from Liverpool Roundabout but it is far from finished. As I type this, only the descending part of the bridge has been built.

Despite the Federal Government's target to deliver on Tin-Can trailer park before the end of this year, the contractor in charge of the project, Borini Prono, has been utterly unable to deliver the park up until now — owing to how horribly and agonizingly slow they've been building. For the record, they couldn't even meet the previous August deadline.

In case it's unclear, FG initially gave the contractor (Borini Prono) the ultimatum to deliver the trailer park in August. Hello, December!

I haven't the vaguest idea if they could finish the entire work by year end.

And if the Federal Government doesn't plan on dillydallying any further, they should just hand the contract (for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the expressway) to Julius Berger ASAP!

The current traffic congestion in Apapa is becoming unbecoming.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Or Gen Buhari Who Do U Prefer / NAMA: Aircraft That Flew Over Synagogue Building Before Collapse Was Military! / How Bode George, Agbaje Rigged Primary, Obanikoro Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.