Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

Uk Student Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa (21002 Views)

UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Student Visa by andre5(f): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2006
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a uk student visa, i know its supposed to be 2 weeks or so, but i have submitted my application for over 6 weeks now and still on feedback. If anyone has applied for a student visa recently how long did it take? i'm beginning to get ticked off.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Coco29(f): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2006
the system has change quite abit, student visa or no longer given to just any one go to,

Immigration and nationality directorate.co.UK
Re: Uk Student Visa by waleleader(m): 6:55am On Aug 13, 2006
6 weeks?

you should contact the British embassy to confirm about your apllication immediately, it normally takes a maximum of 3 weeks.
if they would give you or not, they should have contacted you. you may also double check your mails/letters.
Re: Uk Student Visa by inyima: 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2006
HELLO SIS
CAN U BE MORE SPECIFIC
Re: Uk Student Visa by andre5(f): 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2006
walelead:

6 weeks?

you should contact the British embassy to confirm about your apllication immediately, it normally takes a maximum of 3 weeks.
if they would give you or not, they should have contacted you. you may also double check your mails/letters.

thanks wale, just sent them an email. i hope nothing wrong with my application. thanks again
Re: Uk Student Visa by Akolawole(m): 2:19am On Aug 22, 2006
Can never take more than 3 weeks even if they are investigating your documents.

Email them.
Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Eug(m): 10:53am On Aug 22, 2006
andre5, well the delay is real and trust me it is not only for you. I have applied 5 weeks ago and i am yet to get a response.

I really dont know what is going on.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Akolawole(m): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2006
@ Eug and Andrea

Did you submit your application personally or via Agent?

If its Lagos, please E-mail quoting your reference , name and date of birth : visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk Or you track your application via DVS website.

Keep us posted.
Re: Uk Student Visa by andre5(f): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2006
@ Akolawole and Eug

My application has now taken almost 8weeks, i have emailed the
the embassy with this same email address with all my detail about 9 days ago but they have
not responded. i applied personally at the Visa application center in Ikeja
and I’m tracking my application on their website (ukvac-ng.com), don’t know
what DVS your talking about means. I have gone back to the center and they said some application can take this long, i know ppl that submitted to the same center
same visa and the got a response in less than 3weeks, even though their application was
rejected.
Now the thing is I hope these guys have not lost my application cos i submitted
the original copy of all my qualification, as they asked, and my course starts in
4 weeks.

i'll keep u guys informed.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Akolawole(m): 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2006
@Andre5

1) Did you submit the application by yourself?

If after a week, you hear nothing, give me a shout on Email.

ONLY SETTLEMENT VISA TAKES THAT LONG @ BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Akolawole(m): 4:12am On Aug 26, 2006
@Andrea5

I have replied your E-mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Orlaitan: 11:20am On Aug 27, 2006
Akolawole,relax ur mind,am sure d delay is 4 good,a friend is in same condition too,he applied tru an agent and he excused dt d uk embassy are only posing a li2 treath by delayn ur visa.wish u goodluck.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Eug(m): 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2006
Andre5

The thing don pass me o! My own has gone for 6 weeks plus now without a word and like u my course starts in 3 weeks.

I summited the application myself at the centre in VI.

I have contacted the High commision through this email ad visa.lagos@ fco.gov.uk. They replied me and told me that a resolution has not yet been reached on my application and that as soon as a decision is reached they will send my documenmts back to the centre.

I think u should send them an email too. Take it easy. i think the delay is due to load of applications. They wont misplace ur docs
Re: Uk Student Visa by Akolawole(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2006
Orlaitan:

Akolawole,relax your mind,am sure d delay is for good.

Me Relax?

For what?

I am not the applicant, i was just offering advise.

Eug:

1) The thing don pass me o! My own has gone for 6 weeks plus now without a word [/b]and like u my course starts in 3 weeks.

2) They replied me and told me that a [b]resolution
has not yet been reached on my application and that as soon as a decision is reached they will send my documenmts back to the centre.

3) i think the delay is due to load of applications.

Even though Lagos post of the British high commission is the Busiest in the world but thats not the yardstick for Delays.

Beside Settlement applications, others dont take so long.

Please note these;

1) They have a forgery team that can vet authenticity of Bank satements within 3 days

2) [b]WAEC [/b]and [b]NECO [/b]results can be checked within 4 days and

3) Tax documentation can be checked within one week.

4)The only have delays in checking Higher institution Results.

Entry Clearance officers uses the word "Decision" NOT "resolution" in their terminology.
Re: Uk Student Visa by ETrust: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2006
Hmmm,
Its not an easy experience waiting that long, especially if you are employed and you want to apply for a study leave/resign. I hope the British High Comission can review this process asap.
Re: Uk Student Visa by premier(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2006
hello there, can someone pls. tell me if this delay of a thing means u are likely to have ur visa. i initially thought the problem is peculia to me alone.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Akolawole(m): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2006
premier:

hello there, can someone please. tell me if this delay of a thing means u are likely to have your visa. i initially thought the problem is peculia to me alone.

Not at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa by Eug(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2006
Guys i am happy to tell u guys that i have finally gotten my application back and by his grace it was successful. Andrea any luck on ur application?
Re: Uk Student Visa by premier(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2006
hi EUG. congrats. am happy for you. your application took how many weeks or how many days? am on 5th week now. is there any hope?
Re: Uk Student Visa by andre5(f): 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2006
Hi Eug, Congrats.  As for my application still no show but I got this mail from the embassy this morning.
-------
Thank you for your email dated 01st September 2006.

A decision has been made on your visa application on the 14th July 2006.
You may collect your package from VFS center.

Yours Faithfully,
Correspondence Unit
Visa section
------

when i saw this i'm thinking WTF!! 14th of July!!! that 7 weeks ago,
I then called the VFS center and they said its not ready, i check it on their
website same thing. so i forwarded this mail to the VFS 'because i have
mailed them with my complaints before, so they can try a figure out where my application
is.
As far as i am concerned that mail is just horseshit, ‘because if I’m reading correctly they made a decision on the 14th of July, they did not say they forwarded it to the VFS on the same date. I think they just realized after all my mail to them how long they have been with my application and they probably forwarded my application to the VFS center today, so I am hoping I get it tomorrow or weekend or else am in big trouble because of all my docs.

I believe Eug got his after he mail them, so if your application is been over delayed you better start complaining now.
Re: Uk Student Visa by adolnis007: 12:46am On Sep 06, 2006
hi my name is brijesh, i'm in Southampton at d moment, had sent my visa application on the 8th aug 06, havent got ne reply from the home off till date, is there ne 1 who sent around that time n have got d visa ? or hvnt gt d visa undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa by Eug(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2006
andre5
I think u miss understood the mail. They meant they had reached a decision on ur application which u summited dated 14 july.

Well i guess u make a print out and go directly to the vfs center.

Ur issue is not funny at all

And ur originals are still with them

brijesh

Some guys that summited after the 8th aug 2 abuja and ph zone have got their reply. Why do u need a visa 4rm here in naija when u are in southampton shouldnt u be applying 4rm there
Re: Uk Student Visa by blasterman(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2006
Eug did u fully pay for ur program and all ur accomodation fees, i want to know cos im meant to be there too
Re: Uk Student Visa by premier(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2006
Hey, i want to tell the whole house that i just collected my application today with 3 years visa valid. am more than happy. I wish all applicants goodluck.
Re: Uk Student Visa by hayprof(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2006
Wish U all Applicants in the house goodluck ooo!
Re: Uk Student Visa by bumpyjohn(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2006
HI,
does anyone has idea on what could happen if one reaply immediately for student visa to uk? i have just been refuse based on the fact that bank could not give satisfactory explanation on my sponsors account though i was ask to appeal i see appealing as having to wait one yr long , i decided to reapply immediately. would the embassy still refers me back to appeal"""'
guys i need ur advice
Re: Uk Student Visa by littlekiss(m): 7:30am On Mar 19, 2007
does anyone has idea on what could happen i got an e mail from the visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk stating that my entry clearance to the united kingdom may be approved if i can come to the office with an up to date letter of acceptance,also state that i should come with a copy of this letter and my passport,that the visa will be ready in 5 working day.after i had been refused a visa
Re: Uk Student Visa by muyiwabank(m): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2007
congratulations in advance because i know your entry clearance will be granted

all you need to do is get a valid letter of offer from your school and go there

you might even get it thesame date

bestof luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa by bigbumper(f): 3:37am On Mar 20, 2007
@littlekiss
congratulations, they have looked at there decision again and decided to issue you with a visa. Just request for another valid acceptance from the school that gave you the initial enrolment letter alongside with an updated bank statement if possible and take this along with your passport asap.
Re: Uk Student Visa by littlekiss(m): 10:03pm On Mar 23, 2007
Thank you all.I've gone to the embassy with the new letter of acceptance from my school and i was told told to bring it back 3 months to my start date. so i guess something better will come up soon please do pray for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa by omojeje: 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2007
@littlekiss
How did it all happen?Atfer u were refused,did u reapply or appeal or??
Also what is the time interval btw when u last applied and and when u were called or e-mailed to come to the embassy.

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa by littlekiss(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2007
Omojeje,I was refused Aug o6,but i was given a right to appeal,so i sent all my appeal document to my sister in the UK to help me submit it at the appeal office over there in other to make things fast,i received a letter from the appeal office that a letter has been sent to the embassy here to send the documents that i submitted in Lagos to them in england.i got another letter from the appeal office saying if my document didn't reach them before Dec 18 that my appeal will be cancel because they have already sent my hearing date which is Feb 15 07.Till Jan 26 my document was yet to be received,so they send another letter saying the appeal case will hold on the 15th without any evidence from the embassy.so i held on to my God,on my hearing day, My sister didn't even bother herself to go to the court because she believe nothing positive could come up since the embassy didn't send my document to the appeal office.i just checked my e mail in the afternoon and i saw a mail from the UK embassy here in Nigeria saying i should come to the office,thats all. anything else you want know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Finally Quit Bolt After Third Week For Unlawfully Suspending My Account / Petrol Tanker Rams Into A School In Edo (Photos) / Watching AFCON Final Live Will Cost Me Five Months’ Salaries – Joy Ezeilo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.