Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,511 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (11879 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bumpyjohn(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2006
Guyz is it possible to reapply immediately ones student visa application is refused?,i have just been refuse based on sponsors inconsistent account balance, and my school resumes october, the appeal process means having to wait a yr again
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by candylips(m): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2006
i think u have to wait a few months to reapply not sure doh. but seriously it would be better u appeal . this is becos if u provide all ur right documents its very likely ur appeal gets thru instead of going to d embassy again where they might not give u yet again
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by adatkeg(m): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2006
hello please how can someone get a canadian visa
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by OldGlory1(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2006
Help u How?
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 13, 2006
hey bumpy u know wat if u are sure about your sponsors account balance i will advise you to reapply to the embassy with a kind of protest letter.they will treat your case as urgent.it happened to a friend of mine he was denied on the bases of his bank statement and he got anoda bank statement and reapplied almost immediately and he got a visa.so if you are sure of your bankstament i advise you reapply and protest against the initial decision.wish you the best
stay up
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by candylips(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2006
what worked for someone might not work for another person
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by adatkeg(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2006
i mean how can someone get a canadian visa. am intrested in it that is why.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 14, 2006
hey candy lips u have a point there i am just saying what i know and how the guy can try out his luck.if u have a problem with the embassy and it has to do with your bank statment then its hard to appeal because they probably have some confirmation about the bank statement and feel its fraudulent.any how bumpy do it any how if u wanna appeal its ok and if you wanna reapply its all good i just wish you all the best
stay up
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bumpyjohn(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2006
hi guys wat is the minimum balance this consular guys want one sponsor to have in his account for student visa,my sponsor just lodged about 6milla naira in his account about 3weeks ago,and am about submmitting for visa reapplication,hope this embassy guys will not say that the time of lodging which is 3 weeks b4 my reapplication is too short?
also is november the best time for the british embassy to apply for visa as i heard september is always the worst?
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2006
hey bumpy 6 million is ok.but it depends on how much your skol fees is and how much ur accomodation is gonna cost u.u know wat its dosent really matter wat ur sponsors account balance is but how the account is run for a period of 6 months.just reapply bumpy and i wish u all the best ok
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by VOR(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2006
Bumpy

Nothing stops you from re-applying straight after a refusal. But it would be a waste
of time unless you can resolve to their satisfaction the inconsistency in your sponsor's
bank statement.

Furthermore, lodging a large sum of money just before one applies for a student visa
is bound to arouse suspicion. So sorry it doesn't look good for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bumpyjohn(m): 7:57am On Sep 23, 2006
Hi VOR, I saw your message tome and I feel like contacting u further on my plight, I applied for a student visa to Uk in august, however my application was refuse due to lack of sponsorship this is what the consular wrote ‘whilst you have evidence of fund, you have not indicated evidence of their origin, the documents (financial) you have shown largely stands in isolation in the absence of your sponsors business, income or the origin of these funds. What happen was that presented an account with a fixed deposit of 15million naira, together with a current account that is like 300,000 naira. The fixed deposit expires on the day I turned in application. I have decided to reapply again with a deferment letter from my uk school, and my sponsor has given me his salary current account detail with which he just lodged 15million naira after a balance of 100,000 before, though in addition to this he has collected a letter from there HR manager (Exxon Mobil) to the consular in Lagos which states that he has been in working with them for nine years and his salary annually+ allowances is 9million.Please I need you honest advice,  Like how many weeks can I wait before applying for the visa since my sponsor just lodged the money so as not to arrose suspicion?pls ucan e-mail me @ cruxifixoy2k@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by pelux4ever: 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2006
[color=#990000][/color] plesa is any one here who is in uk to contact me on pelumitimilehin@yahoo.com
and yahoo id pelumitimilehin
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by Nicholdave(m): 4:25pm On Jan 24, 2007
Hey guys,
I have observed with great excitement the postings on this subject and feel I may also get some advise.
After an appeal for a UK student visa failed in October 2006, the AIT is yet to return all original documents sent to support my appeal. These documents include my O' Level WASCE certificate and my first degree statement of result.
Actually, upon first request for the return of these documents while the appeal was still in progress, the AIT had returned only the acceptance letter of my proposed school in the UK (University of Buckingham) and claimed that the other two were not in their possession! I have since been suggesting to them to consider looking in other departments. Upon receiving the Immigration Judge's decision notifying me of the appeal failure, the statement included a confirmation that the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) went through these documents in the appeal decision process.
though they seem more co-operative now, claiming they "have forwarded request to our file store for case file to be searched", I cannot continue to tollerate their outright denial of the possession of these documents.
Please guys, advise me on what to do. My folks are really worried about this (under)development!
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by funkybaby(f): 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2007
you should NEVER post the original of your certificates to AIT. certified true copy is fine. those people could be disorganised sometimes not forgetting Nigeria postal system where documents are opened before getting to its final destination
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by mrpataki(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2007
Wow, crazy things here,

@ Nicholdave,
Write a letter of protest angry, forward a copy to the British High Commission that handled your application, as well forward a copy to the AIT, keep a copy for yourself too. Where did you submit your application for appeal in the first place, was it at the High Commission, or you sent it directly to the AIT peeps? If you have documents to show that you sent them those documents, include it in the letter.
I would suggest you get a legal adviser to help out in drafting the letter.

Include photocopies of evidence to show they had those documents in their possession.

You made a fatal error to send the original of those documents to them!
Sorry about the refusal of your appeal.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by Nicholdave(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2007
Thanx for r concern and advice, guys.
The documents were sent directly to the AIT at Leicester.
You see,I HAD to send those original documents in the first place because part of the grounds of refusal of entry, among others, was that the Clearance Officer doubted their genuiness and originality "under a balance of probability".
@mrpataki, I'll promptly follow ur course of advice and write a letter of protest with professional legal assistance with attached evidence photocopies. And oh yes, I have evidence that they recieved them - or at least to show that they must have received them. What I suppose is that if they hadn't received them in the first place, I should have been notified in the notice of pending appeal sent to me upon commencement of the appeal process; don't forget there is a section in the AIT appeal form where apellants indicate documents attached to the form to support the appeal. And then, there is the mention of it in relation to the ECO having examined them.
Again, hanx for the advice guys; pls keep in touch.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by mrpataki(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2007
I once know of a case of a man whose nigerian passport with a visa living in the UK was delivered into the package of another man here in Nigeria who had applied for a HSMP but was refused then and in the package they sent back to him, they included this Nigerian's passport with it!

Just to show how useless this peeps are in handling documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by oggboy(m): 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2007
guys i work in the application centre, once u are denied a student visa, u need to reapply if u still have time for ur school to admit u. ohterwise defer ur admission and repackage for another semester.these guys are reckless , they treat document any how. all u need 2 do t get ur documents is to write and go to the embassy on wednesday which is is the day for returnig documents.9-12pm every wednesday. how far have you gone know??
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by righocream(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2007
[quote][/quote]
@oggboy

I could really need your help OGGBOY.

I am to resume in january 29th 007 and I applied at the embassy on the 10th of this month 2007, well I am waiting for my passport status and I keep calling the vis office but up till now they said that I could call back next week which would probably mean from 3rd of Febuary.

I intend to school in scotland and its a business school with a fee of 3700 pounds for a study time of 18 months full time hours. I hjave paid a deposite of 1000 pounds and also accommodation of 1000 pounds.

My bank statements and some id cards of where I worked and letter stating from my employer, my letter from sponsor which is my dad and he wrote the letter stating from a local government recognised kingship area in Delta state stating that he was a ruler with the logo and letter heading from the local ruling council along with a fat account which I was instructed not to open but summit that way, tell me will they verify all these documents?

I need your help. do you think I might encouter any difficulties? did I do something wrong somewhere? I am really scared though. help me out on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by righocream(m): 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2007
[quote][/quote]
@oggboy

I could really need your help OGGBOY.

I am to resume in january 29th 007 and I applied at the embassy on the 10th of this month 2007, well I am waiting for my passport status and I keep calling the vis office but up till now they said that I could call back next week which would probably mean from 3rd of Febuary.

I intend to school in scotland and its a business school with a fee of 3700 pounds for a study time of 18 months full time hours. I hjave paid a deposite of 1000 pounds and also accommodation of 1000 pounds.

My bank statements and some id cards of where I worked and letter stating from my employer, my letter from sponsor which is my dad and he wrote the letter stating from a local government recognised kingship area in Delta state stating that he was a ruler with the logo and letter heading from the local ruling council along with a fat account which I was instructed not to open but summit that way, tell me will they verify all these documents?

I need your help. do you think I might encouter any difficulties? did I do something wrong somewhere? I am really scared though. help me out on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bigbumper(f): 2:23am On Jan 28, 2007
Well since you have submitted the application form, the questionnaire and documents, there is nothing else left but to wait on the Lord.

Keep us posted.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bigbumper(f): 2:26am On Jan 28, 2007
Wish you the best of luck. Except you did not fill in the forms correctly or provide the embassy with the information required, once you satisfy the immigration rules, you would be granted a visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by righocream(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2007
I have another problem here. I made a passport in 2004 with an age of 36 years and gave my agent to get me a visa to London,who applied as an individual who wants to travel either through a company or something. which I was refused me visa, the following year I made another passport but this time with my real age was used but a different place in the uk not london as I intend to further my education, the thing is that the pictures are slightly alike and just that the ages are different and the names are with a difference with an additional name but the signatures are the same. but the current passport goes with my real identifty as I intend to futher my education and I had to use some real information now including my dads fat account and his company status. do you think anything can ever go wrong? or did I just do ot right? do you think the embassy has some cute device database that can easily detect my name once entered into the computer records? also I want to know if I would be issued a visa as I was supposed to resume today 29th of januray for enrolement and further clearifications at school and the embassy is delaying me making things hard for me as they said that I should keep on trying the embassy to see if my application has been sent to the VAF1 office so that I can go over and pick up. do you think they would say that the time space is short as though I cannot get a visa, I submited my application on the 10th of January this month 2007.

lastly is it tru that countries defer in respect to London. like in other countries in the uk is easier to get a visa than that of apply to a country like London
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bigbumper(f): 3:21am On Jan 31, 2007
Not really clear on some of your questions, but would try.

Get in touch with your uni and ask them to revalidate your enrolment letter to a future date (probably six weeks extension) as you have not yet received a decision on your visa application.

Regarding the conflicting personal information, as long as your recent application satisfy paragraph 57 requirement for student visa, it would not be a problem. I know of a guy that applied four times with slightly altered names, age, etc but got turned down. He was granted the visa the fifth time he applied, and the ECO asked him why he had lied in his previous applications. The guy tried to deny it was him but later said he had no reason, yet they still gave him.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 28, 2008
Hi Nairalanders.

Does your cover letter to support your application really matter? At times these people refuse based on sheer Prejudice and racial bias, stating reasons like they are not satisfied on the genuineness of your fat account balance even though the account has got a good history. How can a ECO conclude that he is not satisfied on the genuineness of an account without confirming with your bank? Anyway, if you write a strong - worded letter protesting against such a bias decision and provide new evidence to state the origin of funds in your account and re-apply immediately, is there any chance that your strong worded cover letter might be taken into consideration to give you the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by yemstico: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2008
Hi Moderator
Please i need your help.I applied for uk student visa in february for april admission
and was denied given an appeal but i was advised by experienced pple to re apply so i did after
getting a defer letter from my school in the uk.i reapplied for september admission again{2008} and was denied
for the same reason.false account and deciet. I was asked to appeal again or not to apply for another ten years
if i dont appeal.this is the 19th day into my 28 days appeal period.i shld get a letter from my sponsor's bank coming monday
to attach to the appeal letter which i'l send straight to uk office.
please i need advice on what next i shld do because am really perplexed and devastated on this ten years ban!
Pls advice.Tnx sad
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by sweety2009: 6:23am On Oct 17, 2009
HI, my name is Smitha,I am applying for UK student visa.I want to know whether fixed deposites zerox copies attested from bank along with covering letter from bank acceptable for visa or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by candylips(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2009
^^ always include originals with your application
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by flekan(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
@sweety2009: It is advisable to have the money needed in yours or sponsors account, they sometime gives bogus excuses on fixed deposit, Speaking from experience
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by bluespice(f): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
re-apply. if you've rectified the issue, you should be granted a visa
Re: Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication by sweety2009: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2009
HI to all ,thank u very much for respoding to my question. as we r all aware of fixed deposite, as it is equal to liquid cash,there is a chance of getting it to loose in the process,so I wuld like to submit the original covering letter along with the attested FD with my application. what sort of issues will be there along with this FD type if for visa?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can One Apply For A New Zealand Visa In Nigeria? / NRC Apologises To Passengers Over Abuja-kaduna Train Breakdown / US Warns Citizens In Nigeria After Libya Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.