Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate (985 Views)

OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations / $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate / Subsidy Removal:GEJ Ready For Mass Revolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has indicated
President Goodluck Jonathan’s readiness to
challenge any aspirant that emerges as the
presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives
Congress, APC, to a public debate.
The National Publicity
Secretary of PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, stated this
at a press conference at the party’s national
secretariat in Abuja on Tuesday.
According to Metuh, the debate will focus on a
wide range of issues affecting the country, adding
that President Jonathan would be ready for the
APC candidate after the ratification of his
candidacy on Thursday.
He added that 3,073 delegates are expected to
participate in the PDP convention where Jonathan’s
adoption as the sole candidate of the party is
expected to be ratified.
Metuh said: “As a party, we are going into the
conduct of our presidential primaries, in particular,
with great excitement, knowing very well that we
are keeping an appointment with the destiny of our
nation as embodied by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan who
is both President of our nation and candidate of
our party on the occasion of our presidential
primaries at the Eagle Square.
“The PDP is rest assured that we have a very good
product to sell to Nigerians. We are confident that
President Jonathan, as our candidate, is primed to
win the 2015 presidential election based on his
popularity deriving from his forthrightness,
humility and steadfastness to the Nigerian
project, coupled with his record of verifiable
achievements.
“We are today serving notice to the opposition APC
to expect a crushing defeat at the polls. In view of
our confidence, preparedness and the popularity of
our candidate, we declare that the APC can put
forth its two frontline aspirants in one bunch,
namely Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and Alhaji Atiku
Abubakar as joint presidential candidates with
their collective credentials and followership to
face our candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan.
“The President has been able to stabilize the polity
by his pan Nigerian outlook and approach to
governance. The stability of our nation has
strengthened national unity. Today, he has been
able to give every geo- political zone a sense of
belonging in terms of infrastructure development,
economic and human capital empowerment”.
The ruling party said no other leader had united
the Nigerian people more than Jonathan had done,
adding that the president has continued to act on
the side of caution in the counter insurgency
campaign.
“President Jonathan has stabilise the economy.
The rebasing of the economy has made Nigeria the
largest economy in Africa and 26th in the world.
“For us in the PDP, it is neither a matter of
conjecture nor propaganda; we are certain that
with the grassroots support and the love he enjoys
from Nigerians across board, President Jonathan
will secure an emphatic victory at the polls”

www.informationng.com/2014/12/jonathan-ready-to-face-apc-presidential-candidate-in-public-debate-pdp.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
Waiting for Jonathan the Runway Debater.

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

He had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting the 2011 election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he went ahead debating himself alone on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2014
Cc: barcanista berem omenka egift aresa gbawe mogidi firefire sincere9gerian
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Firefire(m): 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
@ Mr baLLoTBOxX,

How has been your day?

At the moment we are studying who APC want to give the broom to, but note that given the broom to Buhari is my selfish wish. (To complete my coursework - The Life of a Failure)

However, combining Buhari as the President & Atiku as vice, both of them cannot get the votes that will make them become the president of Nigeria.

We are watching. cool

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
He will run again
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Safari29: 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2014
yinmu
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by cocoduck: 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
Apc dogs who say that Great GEJ ran away from debate last election. Well I am not surprised because they have the bad habit of turning history on its head. They think nigerians have short memories. It was actually the opposition that ran away, I can remember specifically Boko Hari saying that he will not attend the debate with the silly excuse of the questions will be in favour of GEJ. I wonder how you people sleep in the night all these lies in your head.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by major466(m): 11:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
Patiently waiting for this debate. GEJ will devour Buhari completely like a hungry lion.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
cocoduck:
Apc dogs who say that Great GEJ ran away from debate last election. Well I am not surprised because they have the bad habit of turning history on its head. They think nigerians have short memories. It was actually the opposition that ran away, I can remember specifically Boko Hari saying that he will not attend the debate with the silly excuse of the questions will be in favour of GEJ. I wonder how you people sleep in the night all these lies in your head.
stop lying. Four different debates where held in which GEJ never showed up. The last one held had all other candidate refusing to show up cos they believed GEJ won't show up again, so why waste time? GEJ on the other hand, sensing that the other aspirants weren't going to turn up, showed up with some few hand-picked journalists who asked him questions to which he already had answers which he had rehearsed.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by cocoduck: 11:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
stop lying. Four different debates where held in which GEJ never showed up. The last one held had all other candidate refusing to show up cos they believed GEJ won't show up again, so why waste time? GEJ on the other hand, sensing that the other aspirants weren't going to turn up, showed up with some few hand-picked journalists who asked him questions to which he already had answers which he had rehearsed.
Why do you people think nigerians have short memories? look, to burst your bubble. search the internet for it Boko Hari specifically said what I typed above. I read it on nigerian tribune and also heard it on BBC focus on Africa. the BBC presenter audrey brown said it. in fact why not contact BBC and ask them to search their archives and give you the results. this happen 3 years ago. I haven't forgotten, okay?
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 11, 2014
cocoduck:

Why do you people think nigerians have short memories? look, to burst your bubble. search the internet for it Boko Hari specifically said what I typed above. I read it on nigerian tribune and also heard it on BBC focus on Africa. the BBC presenter audrey brown said it. in fact why not contact BBC and ask them to search their archives and give you the results. this happen 3 years ago. I haven't forgotten, okay?
why are you TANoids this daft? You expect buhari to show up for the last debate even after being disappointed by GEJ not showing up for the previous 4 debates held? Don't you think the other aspirants too didn't show up for thesame reasons as buhari's? Even your fellow TANoids are too ashamed to defend their master on this thread.
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by rebranded(m): 3:01am On Dec 11, 2014
What how he will run this time.

Run run!
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by Bishop4bella(m): 3:14am On Dec 11, 2014
Na today
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by cocoduck: 5:43am On Dec 11, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
why are you TANoids this daft? You expect buhari to show up for the last debate even after being disappointed by GEJ not showing up for the previous 4 debates held? Don't you think the other aspirants too didn't show up for thesame reasons as buhari's? Even your fellow TANoids are too ashamed to defend their master on this thread.
It is your father's and mother's a55 that is a TANOID, Okay? four debates in your dreams, continue twisting facts, but facts will never be twisted
Re: GEJ Ready To Face APC Presidential Candidate In Public Debate by lonelydora: 5:45am On Dec 11, 2014
We are waiting. Let the best candidate win.

(1) (Reply)

Neither Buhari Nor Jonathan Can Govern Nigeria By Imoh David / Top 4 Predictions For Nigeria Come Next Year. / No Right Thinking Nigerian’ll Vote Jonathan Back To Power —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.