Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Foolish Wives/women - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Foolish Wives/women (5478 Views)

Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foolish Wives/women by SAMBARRY: 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
Gbam
coogar:
bukatyne can't separate fiction from realism.

nigerian movies are mostly written, produced & directed by idiöts & they are meant for the idïotic audience. if there are 1 million movies made in naija. only about 20 make sense. the chances of what you have seen happening in the real world is 1/1000000000000.

just watch it for entertainment or to kill time, not to learn anything from them.
Re: Foolish Wives/women by onegig(m): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Some things may seem like fiction but reality has shown that they are a reflection of what goes on in the society.

And most are not foolish. They have just been programmed to live on the negatives. So when someone spills an unfounded secret or balderash to their hearing, they go on seeking ways to justify it. Ladies are fond of that.

"My friend told me this. My friend's elder sister said that. "All these would be digested without individually sifting through the rumours.

You see ladies telling their friends not to trust that guy and so on. He has a side chick, why would he do that, he does this, he does that and these friends are only itching to replace or perfect another plan when the cookie crumbles. They even have an anthem now. Show me a man who doesn't cheat and I would show you a virgin with two kids. When these kind of stereotypes is repeated too much. The lies becomes the truth.

I don't actually pity those who don't take cognizance of what they have and do their investigative work with a clear sight and mind. Nothing is wrong with someone giving you a tip off but be discrete and logical about things and be the one to decide what you would do with such information. You dont want an enemy who is disguised in sheep's clothing playing your life like a game of chess.

1 Like

Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 3:47am On Dec 12, 2014
Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 3:54am On Dec 12, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Gbam

These things happen everyday

The fact Nollywood acts the reality (actual/perceived) instead of depicting the ideal is one of my issues with them.

Yoruba movies are worse: once you see a loving husband, you are waiting to see his Love child/mistress/ritual rites etc.

They act like a man cannot be a good father or husband
Re: Foolish Wives/women by veave(f): 9:24am On Dec 12, 2014
smiley
This thread made me recall an event that happened in my childhood.
So we had this neighbor with a leaking mouth, she practically had no secret.
After a while, her husband was laid off were he worked and paid off too. You can imagine the worth of 350thousand naira in the early 90s.
Darling husband brought the money home because it was friday and banks had closed, when oga took a stroll, madam as usual brought her friends and showed them the money. Guess what? That night, thieves came, beat them up and made away with the money and every valuable thing they had. Afterwards, things got so bad they had to relocate to the village. sad

2 Likes

Re: Foolish Wives/women by sukkot: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

undecided
grin grin bukatyneeeeeeeeeee waz gud wiff uuuuuuu wink
Re: Foolish Wives/women by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

They act like a man cannot be a good father or husband
What makes a man with a love child and/or mistress a bad husband or father?

1 Like

Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
Timbuktou:
What makes a man with a love child and/or mistress a bad husband or father?

Nothing cheesy

Just how a wife with a lover or another man's child a good wife cheesy
Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
sukkot:
grin grin bukatyneeeeeeeeeee waz gud wiff uuuuuuu wink

Everything cheesy and you?
Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
veave:
smiley
This thread made me recall an event that happened in my childhood.
So we had this neighbor with a leaking mouth, she practically had no secret.
After a while, her husband was laid off were he worked and paid off too. You can imagine the worth of 350thousand naira in the early 90s.
Darling husband brought the money home because it was friday and banks had closed, when oga took a stroll, madam as usual brought her friends and showed them the money. Guess what? That night, thieves came, beat them up and made away with the money and every valuable thing they had. Afterwards, things got so bad they had to relocate to the village. sad

Poster fool.ish woman!

Where are the peeps that said this cannot happen?
Re: Foolish Wives/women by sukkot: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Everything cheesy and you?
all is well sweerie. thank God its friday wink
Re: Foolish Wives/women by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Nothing cheesy

Just how a wife with a lover or another man's child a good wife cheesy
Nice try. However, the factors that make for good fatherhood and husband-hood do not necessarily apply to motherhood and wife-hood. wink

1 Like

Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2014
Timbuktou:
Nice try. However, the factors that make for good fatherhood and husband-hood do not necessarily apply to motherhood and wife-hood. wink

Ok then,

They are the same in my books and we both work towards them. cheesy

Others can do as they deem fit.
Re: Foolish Wives/women by grimandevil: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2015
bukatyne:
So I watched two films (1 Yoruba & 1 English) and I noticed two foolish women.

1. Yoruba: she was engaged to be married in 2weks time and she told her hairdresser to come do home service for her. Hairdresser misses her way and iyawo met her on the way and she started blabbing that hubby to be bough her a car, keeps N5m at home, spends money like dollars etc. Hairdresser sends armed robbers to HTB and he is spared because he had helped them once. Obviously, wedding was called off despite pleas.

2. English: She was married and befriended old single ladies (I think they were divorced) against her mother's advice. As usual, blabbing and giving her 'friends' gift of $500. The friends 'saw' hubby coming out of an eatery with a lady which was translated to hubby kissing and smooching the girl. Wifey refuses to listen to hubby 's explanation that the lady was his account manager and decides to sleep with the gateman. Hubby finds out and sends her parking. Needless to say, her 'friends' were actually prepping the hubby for their single younger sister and they are going for the kill through infamous fellowship and they have deserted her. The film is still unfolding. Foolish wife was not working and All her family life has come to a halt. The film is currently showing: The pain of Nene .

Are there some women so fool.ish that instead of building their homes and protecting their husbands, they actually destroy him with their fool.ishness?

If Yes, change o!

r u sure u r a lady? i belive i have asked u dat question before. d way u reason is toi matured.

back to d topic. i collegue of mine swore she willnt help her husbad financially no matter what. she willnt contribute any money orless she feels lik. note she earns 200% more dan d husband. der house rent was about to expire she told me with boldness dat she willnt help dat man oo. he better pay for d rent. etc. dat is d duty of d man to take kia of d family and dat d man should nt ask for d wife help. dat all her money goes to her dad and mum. i was so disappointed. and u can see d man struggling . aging quickly. i told her dat i will never marry her type. is better i remain single.
Re: Foolish Wives/women by SAMBARRY: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
Gbam

EOD!

You have nailed it perfectly
coogar:

nigerian movies are mostly written, produced & directed by idiöts & they are meant for the idïotic audience. if there are 1 million movies made in naija. only about 20 make sense. the chances of what you have seen happening in the real world is 1/1000000000000.

just watch it for entertainment or to kill time, not to learn anything from them.

Re: Foolish Wives/women by CircleOfWilis: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
coogar:

oboi, easy!
Re: Foolish Wives/women by bukatyne(f): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
grimandevil:

r u sure u r a lady? i belive i have asked u dat question before. d way u reason is toi matured.

back to d topic. i collegue of mine swore she willnt help her husbad financially no matter what. she willnt contribute any money orless she feels lik. note she earns 200% more dan d husband. der house rent was about to expire she told me with boldness dat she willnt help dat man oo. he better pay for d rent. etc. dat is d duty of d man to take kia of d family and dat d man should nt ask for d wife help. dat all her money goes to her dad and mum. i was so disappointed. and u can see d man struggling . aging quickly. i told her dat i will never marry her type. is better i remain single.

Yes, I am

People get married for different reasons

The woman in your post is certainly not a wife. On a second thought, We do not know What transpired earlier on their marriage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House / Why DO Men Refuse Food When They Have Misunderstanding With Their Wife/partner / Men Are Not Supposed To Be In The Kitchen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.