Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,002 members, 7,863,607 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Imo State PDP Primaries:my Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State PDP Primaries:my Opinion (462 Views)

BREAKING NEWS - Ekiti State PDP Sweeps All The 16 Lgas / Photo: Rivers State PDP, APC & LP Governorship Candidates Laugh & Hold Hands / Imo State PDP Primaries:my Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imo State PDP Primaries:my Opinion by okey777(m): 12:28am On Dec 11, 2014
We are all aware that PDP nationalwide conducted their governorship primary election on monday 8th,december 2014 and in Imo sate,Hon. Emeka Ihedioha was decleared winner by the returning officer,haven scored the highest number of votes.
But on the contrary,less than 24hrs,Sen. Ifeanyi Ararume held a press statement claiming he won haven scored the highest number of votes.His claims stated that ''the total number of votes cast were 1017 while the total number of votes counted were 1028(going by individual scores);that 11 void votes were alloted to Ihedioha;that he should be declared winner''.
Since then posts have gone viral online about the issue:some are saying the truith while others have allowed sentiments to pravail on their opinion:different people with difference interest have developed diarrhoea of the mouth because of the issue while some other have failed to reason with their brain instead their anus.
So my questions are:If void votes were counted for Ihedioha,were there no sorting of votes before counting?,if yes,what was the reaction of Ararume and his agents then?,If truly number of votes counted were more than the number of votes cast,what makes Ararume think that the extra votes were alloted to Ihedioha instead of him or any other aspirant.
Ararume we all know is someone that finds it difficult to accept defeat,so why killing ourselves on issue we cannot have effect on?,lets not cry more than the berieved,the panel is there to do their job,why not allow them to do their work,Long Live Imo state

(1) (Reply)

Sub-saharan Africa Growth Resilient To Lower Oil Prices In 2015 – Fitch / Can A Nairalander Affect The Scores At Polls / I Believe In Change!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.