Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Professional Advice Required - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Professional Advice Required (527 Views)

Professional Advice In Starting A Wifi Hot Spot Business / I Want To Patronise LAPO.... I Need Professional Advice / Want To Go Into Fish Farming, Your Professional Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Advice Required by Tintinnoty(m): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hello guys, I knw people with great mind make up Maryland, hence I sake a professional advice on a profitable business one can do with #500,000. I have a plan on investing the money next year and am confuse on what profitable business one can do within Lagos and it environs
Re: Professional Advice Required by Godmother(f): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dude, first things first, since you said you want to start the business next year, might I suggest you invest in treasure bills till such a time so you won't be tempted to blow part of it during this coming festive period. You can also earn some extra cash as well.

Then as to a biz to do. There are several business you can do. Find out what you have a passion for and pursue it. But lemme list a few just incase:

1. Barbing and beauty salon(u can employ people for the beauty salon)

2. Importation( Get to import from Aliexpress, but try avoiding items that look so chinko like electronics and phones). You might have a hard time selling them.

3. Rent a shop in a busy location, stock it with sewing machines and then sublet each machine to a tailor that will pay you a fixed amount weekly( no stories).

4. Start a poultry and fishery business( better if you own your own property). Do a research so you don't buy fish or birds that are already sick. A friend just ran into great losses as a result of this.

5. Go from school to school( public schools) and sell electronics. A washing machine of 45 should be sold for 60 to 70 cos those people pay instalmentaly. Here you'll need to involve the school's management so if any teacher wants to default in payment after a while, the money can be deducted from source and given to you.

6. Buy a land in a remote land, secure it and then forget about it for a while. After 6 months to one year you can resell and then re-invest into another land.

Lemme think up more. Brb
Re: Professional Advice Required by Tintinnoty(m): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2014
Godmother:
Dude, first things first, since you said you want to start the business next year, might I suggest you invest in treasure bills till such a time so you won't be tempted to blow part of it during this coming festive period. You can also earn some extra cash as well.

Then as to a biz to do. There are several business you can do. Find out what you have a passion for and pursue it. But lemme list a few just incase:

1. Barbing and beauty salon(u can employ people for the beauty salon)

2. Importation( Get to import from Aliexpress, but try avoiding items that look so chinko like electronics and phones). You might have a hard time selling them.

3. Rent a shop in a busy location, stock it with sewing machines and then sublet each machine to a tailor that will pay you a fixed amount weekly( no stories).

4. Start a poultry and fishery business( better if you own your own property). Do a research so you don't buy fish or birds that are already sick. A friend just ran into great losses as a result of this.

5. Go from school to school( public schools) and sell electronics. A washing machine of 45 should be sold for 60 to 70 cos those people pay instalmentaly. Here you'll need to involve the school's management so if any teacher wants to default in payment after a while, the money can be deducted from source and given to you.

6. Buy a land in a remote land, secure it and then forget about it for a while. After 6 months to one year you can resell and then re-invest into another land.

Lemme think up more. Brb
wow dude thanks alot 1 and 3 seems interesting
Re: Professional Advice Required by Godmother(f): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
Tintinnoty:

wow dude thanks alot 1 and 3 seems interesting

You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Browse At A Cheaper And Faster Rate. / Make Money From Branded Shoes And Trainers Business / ***vacancy***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.