Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence (38426 Views)

"new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / 2002 Infiniti G20, All Documentation, Like New, Wont Last. / Re:car Registration And Drivers' Licence Cost:help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
Good day nairalanders,
I want to use this opportunity to contribute my quota to the people of nairaland by honestly answering any of their question in relation to...
(1)vehicle registration
(2)vehicle documentation...private/commercial/articulated
(3)renewal of vehicle particulars
(4)state traffic laws
(5)procedure for renewal of drivers licence
.....etc.

contact me via 08029875090

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by kilokeys(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
i dey observe o
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by xtianchris(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
I just renewed my license can I use the print out to drive...I contains my bio. Information and fee payment confirmation..

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2014
documents required by private vehicle owners
1.valid vehicle licence
2.valid roadworthiness certificate or MOT
3.valid insurance certificate
4.valid drivers licence

3 Likes

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
xtianchris:
I just renewed my license can I use the print out to drive...I contains my bio. Information and fee payment confirmation..

yes you can use the printout to drive provided you have undergone the vio test and your form has been duly signed and stamped.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by xtianchris(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
ibro2much:

yes you can use the printout to drive provided you have undergone the vio test and your form has been duly signed and stamped.
thank you very much..
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Zocken: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2014
How much does it actually take to renew vehicle papers?
Is it mandatory to pay for the N5000 insurance when in actual fact it is useless since it doesnt cover anything if you are involved in any form of accident?
thanks
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Zocken:
How much does it actually take to renew vehicle papers?
Is it mandatory to pay for the N5000 insurance when in actual fact it is useless since it doesnt cover anything if you are involved in any form of accident?
thanks

when you say vehicle papers,is it private or commercial?
and for the insurance its mandatory to get at least genuine third party vehicle insurance which goes for N5000,the third party covers damages done to another vehicle in case of an accident.
to make insurance works in Nigeria,we have to shun patronizing touts who deals in faking insurance and get genuine insurance from the insurance companies.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2014
document required by commercial vehicle drivers
1. valid vehicle licence
2.valid hackney permit
3.valid road worthiness certificates
4.valid vehicle insurance
5.valid drivers licence
6.valid LASDRI card
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vickylala239: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
ibro2much:
documents required by private vehicle owners
1.valid vehicle licence
2.valid roadworthiness certificate or MOT
3.valid insurance certificate
4.valid drivers licence

I want to ask if u buy a car from sumone is buying paper necessary!!assuming u wnt to change d car particulars to ur own
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by shady16: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2014
Please how long does it take to process tinted glass permit? I was told one month. Is this correct?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 5:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
vickylala239:

I want to ask if u buy a car from someone is buying paper necessary!!assuming u wnt to change d car particulars to ur own

i don't understand your question,
but normally,if you purchase a registered car with old numberplate,the seller gives you the documents as it must come with the vehicle and the agreement.
but with the new vehicle numbering introduced,the seller of the vehicle would have to remove the numberplate from the vehicle after selling it,because he owns it.he can only sell the vehicle not the numberplate.
you will have to re-register the vehicle so that it can be in your name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by AMADU77: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
Can I sell my car n keep d new plate number for mysef ?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
shady16:
Please how long does it take to process tinted glass permit? I was told one month. Is this correct?

you can get tinted permit in 3-4 working days,all you have to do is take the vehicle particulars and the vehicle to the police command in your state,or contact someone to do that for you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
AMADU77:
Can I sell my car n keep d new plate number for mysef ?

yes,the number belongs to you,if you get another vehicle,simply take the numberplate to the licensing office you registered it,they will help you in changing the engine no,chassis no,vehicle make and color on the system for a required fee.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by AMADU77: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
ibro2much:

yes,the number belongs to you,if you get another vehicle,simply take the numberplate to the licensing office you registered it,they will help you in changing the engine no,chassis no,vehicle make and color on the system for a required fee.

Thanks a lot

N what's d usual fee ( abuja ) ?
Does it worth to keep d plate ?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by MOBBDEEP: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
God bless you for that decision of helping us.
May God be help unto your household unconditionally.
Thank you.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
AMADU77:

Thanks a lot

N what's d usual fee ( abuja ) ?
Does it worth to keep d plate ?

Its worth it because all your personal details have been embedded with the number plate and the usual fee is N10,000 for the change of vehicle record at the licensing office of issuance and money for getting new documents for the new vehicle.
v/licence
roadworthiness
insurance
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
MOBBDEEP:
God bless you for that decision of helping us.
May God be help unto your household unconditionally.
Thank you.

My pleasure sir
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
Lets talk more on insurance!
We have two type of insurance for motor vehicle namely
1.comprehensive insurance
2. Third party insurance

To confirm the authenticity of the vehicle insurance certificate you have simply log on to...
www.askniid.org
click on check policy
u can simply check by typing your vehicle registration number or your insurance policy number

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Exponental(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
@op...... could post offenses' fines n penalties here.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vickylala239: 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
ibro2much:
Good day nairalanders,
I want to use this opportunity to contribute my quota to the people of nairaland by honestly answering any of their question in relation to...
(1)vehicle registration
(2)vehicle documentation...private/commercial/articulated
(3)renewal of vehicle particulars
(4)state traffic laws
(5)procedure for renewal of drivers licence
.....etc.

Please cn u help us list Wat a registered n non registered car should cum wit.as in in terms of document.

Wat and Wat do u nid to change d document of registered car to ur name??

Wat hppn if u Cnt get buying receipt from d seller!!

Hw is police clearance obtain.is it necessary Dat d seller Or reg.car mst Gv u police clearance Since ur goin to change evri tin to ur Nam.??

Wat hppn if u decide to drive wit seller plate number?

wen road safety stop u on d road Wat r d possible paper Dey will demand for!!!

is it advisable to Kip ur original papers at home n go along wit photocopies Same wit drivers license!!??

is there any easy way to determine a stolen car?

is all dis custom n shipping papers necessary for reg cars??

At Wat price do u get new plate number??

u bought a car papers no complete papers wat do u do??

how do u Knw Dat d papers given to u by seller is original Or fake??

Wat Do u obtain from a seller of reg car,as a prove Dat He has sold to u n actually collect So So n So amount!!

u bought a car from a seller from Lagos ,Wat will u tell road safety wen Dey found out Dat d papers Dnt carry ur Nam Or is there as ANYTIN u will obtain from police once u buy reg car.So Dat u will Nt b stoppedCuz telling u bought Wich a thief cn also do??

aside car paper Wat do road safety fuda luk for

driving alone u misplace ur driving licence Wat should one do.go to police or Wat,.assuming ur on ur way lag n dis hppn at edo state!! Half Or ur journey? Cuz I no sure say police go Lik hear say misplace while driving on d road??

car paper gone due to fire out Brk Wat should one do??both photo n ori

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by 3ace(m): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2014
vickylala239:

Please cn u help us list Wat a registered n non registered car should cum wit.as in in terms of document.

Wat and Wat do u nid to change d document of registered car to ur name??

Wat hppn if u Cnt get buying receipt from d seller!!

Hw is police clearance obtain.is it necessary Dat d seller Or reg.car mst Gv u police clearance Since ur goin to change evri tin to ur Nam.??

Wat hppn if u decide to drive wit seller plate number?

wen road safety stop u on d road Wat r d possible paper Dey will demand for!!!

is it advisable to Kip ur original papers at home n go along wit photocopies Same wit drivers license!!??

is there any easy way to determine a stolen car?

is all dis custom n shipping papers necessary for reg cars??

At Wat price do u get new plate number??

u bought a car papers no complete papers wat do u do??

how do u Knw Dat d papers given to u by seller is original Or fake??

Wat Do u obtain from a seller of reg car,as a prove Dat He has sold to u n actually collect So So n So amount!!

u bought a car from a seller from Lagos ,Wat will u tell road safety wen Dey found out Dat d papers Dnt carry ur Nam Or is there as ANYTIN u will obtain from police once u buy reg car.So Dat u will Nt b stoppedCuz telling u bought Wich a thief cn also do??

aside car paper Wat do road safety fuda luk for

driving alone u misplace ur driving licence Wat should one do.go to police or Wat,.assuming ur on ur way lag n dis hppn at edo state!! Half Or ur journey? Cuz I no sure say police go Lik hear say misplace while driving on d road??

car paper gone due to fire out Brk Wat should one do??both photo n ori
lol..u wan kill OP ni? Abeg, help am summarize am now.

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2014
@ vickylala239 heres a reply to you question

Please cn u help us list Wat a registered n non registered car should cum wit.as in in terms of document
1. A registered private vehicle must come with the following documents
vehicle licence
roadworthiness certificate
insurance certificate
proof of ownership
allocation paper
c.m.r and the numberplate sticker.
A non registered vehicle must have the custom papers

[b]Wat and Wat do u nid to change d document of registered car to ur name??

2.you will need the purchase reciept/the agreement between the buyer and the seller,
A sworn court affidavit and police report about your intention to change the ownership of the vehicle to your name.
letter from the seller authorizing the licensing station to go ahead with the change of ownership.
and 2 passport photograph

Wat hppn if u Cnt get buying receipt from d seller!

3.infact its very neccessary to obtain reciept from the seller,this is not pepper or tomatoes that usually comes without receipt o grin
Reason this! What if you purchase a car from an unsuspecting 419 and u dont have a reciept of purchase /agreement duly signed by you and him with witnesses to the transaction,he can easily turn around and report you to the police that you stole the vehicle from him
4. When u say police clearance i assume u meant tinted permit right? I've explained earlier how tinted permit can be obtained.

Wat hppn if u decide to drive wit seller plate number
5.its very neccesary to change the ownership to yours as soon as you purchase the vehicle.although no law enforcement agent will disturb you for driving a vehicle that does not carry your name as the owner.
but lets look at this case scenario!
A seller sold his vehicle to you and you did not bother to change the ownership to yours,unknown to you the seller has previously taken a loan from the bank and he eventually defaulted in paying his debt...the bank can come anytime to you to seize the vehicle from you since they can investigate all properties in his name.

Answers will be given to the remaining questions in due time sir

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by fortenmerd: 7:21am On Dec 12, 2014
The renewal amount of vehicle insurance papers will be vary from state to state. The information which you shared about the document requirements for a vehicle registration and renewal was more helpful for many of us.

commercial truck insurance houston tx
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vickylala239: 7:56am On Dec 12, 2014
ibro2much:
@ vickylala234 heres a reply to you question

Please cn u help us list Wat a registered n non registered car should cum wit.as in in terms of document
1. A registered private vehicle must come with the following documents
vehicle licence
roadworthiness certificate
insurance certificate
proof of ownership
allocation paper
c.m.r and the numberplate sticker.
A non registered vehicle must have the custom papers

[b]Wat and Wat do u nid to change d document of registered car to ur name??

2.you will need the purchase reciept/the agreement between the buyer and the seller,
A sworn court affidavit and police report about your intention to change the ownership of the vehicle to your name.
letter from the seller authorizing the licensing station to go ahead with the change of ownership.
and 2 passport photograph

Wat hppn if u Cnt get buying receipt from d seller!

3.infact its very neccessary to obtain reciept from the seller,this is not pepper or tomatoes that usually comes without receipt o grin
Reason this! What if you purchase a car from an unsuspecting 419 and u dont have a reciept of purchase /agreement duly signed by you and him with witnesses to the transaction,he can easily turn around and report you to the police that you stole the vehicle from him
4. When u say police clearance i assume u meant tinted permit right? I've explained earlier how tinted permit can be obtained.

Wat hppn if u decide to drive wit seller plate number
5.its very neccesary to change the ownership to yours as soon as you purchase the vehicle.although no law enforcement agent will disturb you for driving a vehicle that does not carry your name as the owner.
but lets look at this case scenario!
A seller sold his vehicle to you and you did not bother to change the ownership to yours,unknown to you the seller has previously taken a loan from the bank and he eventually defaulted in paying his debt...the bank can come anytime to you to seize the vehicle from you since they can investigate all properties in his name.

Answers will be given to the remaining questions in due time sir

2 passport is it from seller Or buyer?

agreement is it Nt d Same a letter auto to sell. Also This letter are Dey all to b handwritten by d seller?

Or if u Hv does letter. As specimen cn u please Let us see d format, Lik snapping for us to c?

a persn who buy reg cars n sell does He nid to go tru all dis process of changing to his own 1st n selling it to anoda??

Sowi for too much questions!!
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2014
fortenmerd:
The renewal amount of vehicle insurance papers will be vary from state to state. The information which you shared about the document requirements for a vehicle registration and renewal was more helpful for many of us.

commercial truck insurance houston tx

in Nigeria the official amount for the renewal of vehicle insurance(third party for private cars) is uniform throughout the states of the federation,the price is being regulated by the insurance companies themselves.

you can confirm the authenticity of such insurance @ www.askniid.org
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2014
vickylala239:

2 passport is it from seller Or buyer?

agreement is it Nt d Same a letter auto to sell. Also This letter are Dey all to b handwritten by d seller?

Or if u Hv does letter. As specimen cn u please Let us see d format, Lik snapping for us to c?

a persn who buy reg cars n sell does He nid to go tru all dis process of changing to his own 1st n selling it to anoda??

Sowi for too much questions!!

the passport would be of the buyer since the seller(previous owner)details is at the licensing office.(one on the court affidavit and the other goes to the licensing office).

agreement/receipt is same,but letter from the seller authorizing the change is quite different.
also the letters are to be typed and affixed a postage stamp.

if you buy registered cars and sell as business,you don't need to change to your name since you are acting as the middle man between the seller and the would-be new buyer,you can always tell the seller that the name on the authorization letter would be of the person you sell it to.

would check if i can get specimens,i would post them
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by shady16: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2014
ibro2much:

you can get tinted permit in 3-4 working days,all you have to do is take the vehicle particulars and the vehicle to the police command in your state,or contact someone to do that for you.

Thank you, sir.

Please could you confirm the cost for me? I was told between 28k - 30k.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vickylala239: 11:25am On Dec 12, 2014
ibro2much:

in Nigeria the official amount for the renewal of vehicle insurance(third party for private cars) is uniform throughout the states of the federation,the price is being regulated by the insurance companies themselves.

you can confirm the authenticity of such insurance @ www.askniid.org

Sum of my questions r unanswered!!

Check 1st set of questions
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by vickylala239: 11:28am On Dec 12, 2014
ibro2much:

the passport would be of the buyer since the seller(previous owner)details is at the licensing office.(one on the court affidavit and the other goes to the licensing office).

agreement/receipt is same,but letter from the seller authorizing the change is quite different.
also the letters are to be typed and affixed a postage stamp.

if you buy registered cars and sell as business,you don't need to change to your name since you are acting as the middle man between the seller and the would-be new buyer,you can always tell the seller that the name on the authorization letter would be of the person you sell it to.

would check if i can get specimens,i would post them

In mst cases u Dnt Knw who will eventually buy d cars.Since u duty is to sell to d best price!!Wat should one do.?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2014
shady16:

Thank you, sir.

Please could you confirm the cost for me? I was told between 28k - 30k.

tinted does not cost that much,with 15k you can easily get one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Buy A Car In Cotonou / CUSTOM CLEARING AGENT / Planning To Buy A Car? Contact Us On +2347011116171 For Detailed VIN Reports!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.