Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence - Autos (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence (38656 Views)

"new Plate Number And Drivers Lincense Unveiled"- But Too Costly / 2002 Infiniti G20, All Documentation, Like New, Wont Last. / Re:car Registration And Drivers' Licence Cost:help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by pattybf(f): 6:47pm On May 16, 2020
xrayj:

Ok then @bold
There probably may have been some delay before d submission.
Because mine took just a month, right from the day I applied till I got my temporary & I did it in Abuja. Most importantly, thanks for being truthful!

Thanks for understanding! kiss
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by micflo28(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2020
Why Una dey take our job from us
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by deardevil(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2020
xrayj:

Ok then @bold
There probably may have been some delay before d submission.
Because mine took just a month, right from the day I applied till I got my temporary & I did it in Abuja. Most importantly, thanks for being truthful!

Thanks I'm hold on awhile and cal him next week by Wednesday but this stuff is taking much long than expected that why
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by xrayj(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2020
deardevil:

Thanks I'm hold on awhile and cal him next week by Wednesday but this stuff is taking much long than expected that why
Alright sir
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2020
Goodmorning nairalanders,
I will like to discuss about TINTED PERMIT.
TInted permit is a document issued by the police authority to vehicles that does not have a see-through glass.(Factory TINTED vehicles only).
Mostly vehicles like SUV's,SPACE BUSES etc(Toyota sienna,pathfinder jeep etc) usually come with their rear side-glass factory tinted,some have all glasses tinted.
As such owners of such categories of vehicles need to apply to the police authority to obtain a Tinted permit.
In applying for the permit,there are two way to go about it,
1. You can start the application yourself at www.npf.gov.ng/tinted, fill out the application form and obtain an application ID.
Fill out your biodata and the details of the vehicle,then you will take the printout to the state police command for biometrics capturing and collection certificate.
**Note**
It's free if you can do it yourself.

2. In the advent of not having enough time for the process,the tinted permit can be processed through a thirdparty that knows well about the process.(you will need to provide the photocopy of vehicle licence,proof of ownership certificate and a passport photograph)

The owners picture and vehicle information will be boldly displayed on the Tinted certificate that will be issued.
The tinted permit does not expire,as such owner should be careful not to lose the certificate.
Furthermore to confirm the if a tinted permit is genuine,you can scan the QR/barcode on the permit,it should bring out all your details correctly if its genuine.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by chinedumo(m): 2:55am On Jun 30, 2021
i was stopped by VIO yesterday in Enugu. They claimed that my vehicle license papers are fake.
So they impounded my vehicle.
what should I know and do?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
chinedumo:
i was stopped by VIO yesterday in Enugu. They claimed that my vehicle license papers are fake.
So they impounded my vehicle.
what should I know and do?

Sorry,i am seeing and replying this late,hope you have retrieved your vehicle from the VIO office?

Also you can verify your documents yourself
Eg.
Insurance can be verified on askniid.org
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by drmikeadams(m): 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
ibro2much:

Thanks sir @djgroove,
Appreciate your comment.
It's a pleasure to have won your admiration.

How much for road worthy?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
drmikeadams:

How much for road worthy?

For what type of vehicle sir?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by AmoloPatrick(m): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
When buying a Nigeria used vehicle what are the necessary documents one must lookout for
2) what are the necessary documents the new owner must then process
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2022
Am sorry I am just seeing this.
It's been long I visited this my thread.

You will need to sight and collect at least a photocopy of
1.proof of ownership
2.allocation paper
3.vehicle licence
4.original agreement paper between buyer and seller

Also note that in lagos state,numberplate remains the property of the seller as such the new owner needs to do change of ownership and collect his own numberplate.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by tizteezy(m): 7:24am On May 30, 2022
ibro2much:
Am sorry I am just seeing this.
It's been long I visited this my thread.

You will need to collect sight and collect at least a photocopy of
1.proof of ownership
2.allocation paper
3.vehicle licence
4.original agreement paper between buyer and seller

Also note that in lagos state,numberplate remains the property of the seller as such the new owner needs to do change of ownership and collect his own numberplate.

This shouldn't be
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by charliesyndrom: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hello,

I bought a Nigerian used Camry and did my vehicle papers through an agent. He gave me the ff documents.

Allocation of Number plate
Vehicle Licence
CMR
Insurance
Proof of Ownership Certificate
Change of ownership
Road Worthiness cert(without referral letter and I didn't go inspection)

I verified the insurance and its legit
I scanned the new plate number on Autoreg and it brought out the validity of my vehicle licence but when i checked the number plates on frsc website it pops up VALID BUT YET TO BE ASSIGNED. Normally the frsc website should bring out the car make and colour and that's my concern at the moment. The agent claimed that its a Lagos plate number and frsc is a federal character, that it takes time for it to be updated on frsc website.
Also, the road worthiness certificate he gave me did not come with referal note. I understand that the referal note is issued and that's what u should go with to the inspection centre. I was not chanced at the moment so I told him I wont be coming for inspection and he was still able to get me the certificate of road worthiness. I want to know if my road worthiness certificate is valid as I did not go for inspection and if vio officers or police or frsc officers on the road would be able to know that I did not go for inspection despite having the certificate with me. Do I have to present vehicle inspection report or the referal note alongside the certificate or does the certificate covers it all? I have only the certificate.
I plan on travelling to the east soon with the vehicle and don't want any issue on the road.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by samuel19222(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2022
charliesyndrom:
Hello,

I bought a Nigerian used Camry and did my vehicle papers through an agent. He gave me the ff documents.

Vehicle Licence
CMR
Insurance
Change of ownership

I scanned the new plate number on Autoreg and it brought out the validity of my vehicle licence but when i checked the number plates on frsc website it pops up VALID BUT YET TO BE ASSIGNED. Normally the frsc website should bring out the car make and colour and that's my concern at the moment. The agent claimed that its a Lagos plate number and frsc is a federal character, that it takes time for it to be updated on frsc website.
Also, the road worthiness certificate he gave me did not come with referal note. I understand that the referal note is issued and that's what u should go with to the inspection centre. I was not chanced at the moment so I told him I wont be coming for inspection and he was still able to get me the certificate of road worthiness. I want to know if my road worthiness certificate is valid as I did not go for inspection and if vio officers or police or frsc officers on the road would be able to know that I did not go for inspection despite having the certificate with me. Do I have to present vehicle inspection report or the referal note alongside the certificate or does the certificate covers it all? I have only the certificate.
I plan on travelling to the east soon with the vehicle and don't want any issue on the road.

good morning sir, please like how much did you spent on every document you did and how about the road worthiness? What the outcome?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
charliesyndrom:
Hello,

Vehicle Licence
CMR
Insurance
Change of ownership

First,I am truly sorry for replying late.

As the agent has rightly told you,it takes time before Lagos numberplate are uploaded to the frsc website,but surely it would be uploaded.

Also,the roadworthiness was issued to you because you just did change of ownership.
So you don't need to go for an inspection....

Finally,you can dm me your numberplate so that I will confirm for you
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by corporateDan(m): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2023
ibro2much:
Good day nairalanders,
I want to use this opportunity to contribute my quota to the people of nairaland by honestly answering any of their question in relation to...
(1)vehicle registration
(2)vehicle documentation...private/commercial/articulated
(3)renewal of vehicle particulars
(4)state traffic laws
(5)procedure for renewal of drivers licence
.....etc.

contact me via 08029875090
Good day sir. Please is it true that VIO is having issue with driver license capturing network nationwide.... I want to know if my agent is trying to play games with me. Thank you
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2023
corporateDan:
Good day sir. Please is it true that VIO is having issue with driver license capturing network nationwide.... I want to know if my agent is trying to play games with me. Thank you

Good evening sir,it's true,frsc is having network challenges nationwide.so it has affected capturing.

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by corporateDan(m): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2023
ibro2much:

Good evening sir,it's true,frsc is having network challenges nationwide.so it has affected capturing.
Thanks for swift reply sir. God bless you
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Faidatt(f): 8:34pm On Feb 05, 2023
Please can I drive with my drivers license but still have my L-plates on for now?

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 6:44am On Jun 20, 2023
Faidatt:
Please can I drive with my drivers license but still have my L-plates on for now?

Good day ma,I believe you should be able to drive without affixing the L-signs again?

Apologies for the late response 🙏

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by DozieNwanma: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
This trend started 2015, don't know of you will still respond. My question is, is it against the law to drive with the drivers license application form. I mean the form that shows you applied for license, which normally expires after 3 months
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by DozieNwanma: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
Meanwhile it's important I appreciate the good work you're doing here. God bless you
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
DozieNwanma:
This trend started 2015, don't know of you will still respond. My question is, is it against the law to drive with the drivers license application form. I mean the form that shows you applied for license, which normally expires after 3 months

We just communicated now sir,that paper does not cover you to drive sir.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2023
DozieNwanma:
Meanwhile it's important I appreciate the good work you're doing here. God bless you

God bless us all 🙏.....
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
Temporary vehicle Tag (TVT)

Temporary vehicle Tag serves as a form of identification for your tokunbo vehicle until you decide to get numberplate (registration) as required by law

Don't just drive your vehicle without Numberplate,it's risky,try to obtain the TVT......
To avoid being on the wrong side of the law
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Hefty007(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2023
Good Afternoon, Is it possible for a rw cert details to be total erased from the VIO system?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Sirchiboy: 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2023
ibro2much:
Good day nairalanders,
I want to use this opportunity to contribute my quota to the people of Nairaland by honestly answering any of their question about...
(1)vehicle registration
(2)vehicle documentation...private/commercial/articulated
(3)renewal of vehicle particulars
(4)state traffic laws
(5)procedure for renewal of driver's licence
.....etc.

contact me via 08029875090
My Lagos license expired and I went to the Delta licensing office to renew.
My problem is that it is still showing expired on auto reg.
They told me delta state is not authoreg.
Hope police won't exploit me
It it valid only on
dtmva.ivis.com.ng
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
My Lagos license expired and I went to the Delta licensing office to renew.
My problem is that it is still showing expired on auto reg.
They told me delta state is not authoreg.
Hope police won't exploit me
It it valid only on
dtmva.ivis.com.ng

Good evening sir,
To renew your vehicle license from anywhere is now seamless sir.
You can easily log on to https://Portal.autoreg.ng/licence.aspx, create an account there and renew your vehicle licence and make payment with your credit card(after renewal,print the soft copy and attach to your document....you can always get the original copy from any autoreg agent as soon as you get back Lagos)

I hope this solves the renewal issue sir.

1 Like

Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2023
Hefty007:
Good Afternoon, Is it possible for a rw cert details to be total erased from the VIO system?

Erased from VIO database?
Why would you want your vehicle detail to be erased from the database sir.
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by 2special(m): 7:59pm On Dec 27, 2023
Good evening bro, I just renewed my paper's, on my vehicle licence, the car colour is written as black colour but the car is blue colour and can you tell me more about CMR.... thanks
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by Sirchiboy: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2023
ibro2much:

Good evening sir,
To renew your vehicle license from anywhere is now seamless sir.
You can easily log on to https://Portal.autoreg.ng/licence.aspx, create an account there and renew your vehicle licence and make payment with your credit card(after renewal,print the soft copy and attach to your document....you can always get the original copy from any autoreg agent as soon as you get back Lagos)

I hope this solves the renewal issue sir.
So the delta state renewal is not valid sir?
Re: Am A V.i.o Ask Me About Vehicle Documentation And Drivers Licence by ibro2much(m): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2023
Sirchiboy:
So the delta state renewal is not valid sir?
Since Delta state is not on autoreg platform like most states are,if you renew there and come back to Lagos....
(1) It will not show on the state database that you have renewed
(2) if you want to renew for subsequent year in Lagos,you might need to go to courtville headquarters in Yaba with the renewal you did at Delta state,otherwise you will pay for arrears.
(3)Lagos state camera might fine your vehicle for the same vehicle license and you might need to go to the office with the delta state vehicle licence to show that you have renewed in Delta state or contest the bill online with it.

This stress you might not want......
That's why you can renew it yourself online anywhere you are in the world 🌎,on the website I gave earlier sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pre-order anything from Korean and now United States only( Michigan) / »»» Reg 2012 KIA Soul @ N1.650M Negotiable ««« / Pick Your Cars In Cotonuo At Cheap Rate,that I Garantee You

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.