Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP (28508 Views)

Ignore APC Noise, They Have Nothing To Offer – PDP Tells Fayose / Embrace Fayose's Peace Offer-pdp Tells APC Lawmakers / Tinubu Finally Admits Buhari Has No Certificate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Franchise21(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has welcomed the
emergence of former military Head of State, Muhammadu
Buhari, as the presidential flagbearer of Bola Tinubu’s All
Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 general elections.

This will be the fourth time General Buhari will be
contesting in the presidential elections. On each of the
three previous occasions, he failed to articulate a vision of
the future that was acceptable to
Nigerians.

On each occasion, his brand of politics was rejected across
Nigeria. Apart from changing to a dinner suit, Mr. Buhari
has not changed the tired ideas and provocative utterances
that Nigerians rejected in previous elections.

We hope that this time round, Mr. Buhari will conduct a
campaign that is issue-based and devoid of ethno-religious
sentiments.

We are convinced that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,
remains the only truly national political party in Nigeria, a
platform on which all Nigerians can pursue their legitimate
aspirations.

We also believe that despite the distractions, President
Goodluck Jonathan has a genuine record of
accomplishments on which to run and deserves a second
term.

President Jonathan’s re-election will guarantee unity and
stability for Nigerians. His second term will also deliver
prosperity to Nigerians.

Finally, in the words of our own president “The choice
before Nigerians in the coming election is simple: A choice
between going forward or going backwards; between the
new ways and the old ways; between freedom and
repression; between a record of visible achievements and
beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with
empty promises.”
Signed:

Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/173168-buhari-nothing-new-offer-except-tired-ideas-provocative-utterances-pdp.html

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by simplemach(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2014
The worst thing that can happen to Nigeria is to have Buhari elected as president. I feel that even those people who have been making noise behind him in his support will all live to detest his leadership and regret giving him their votes.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by braintext(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2014
I knew it grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by BenGlobal1(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2014
We know zince

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by DickDastardly(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2014
sad lies.
Read all my posts, i'm an unappologetic GEJ appologist. But the hour has come for me to face the truth. We dont need continuity, what we need is CHANGE either in a "changed jonathan" or any other person e.g BUHARI! And does buhari have anything to offer? A lot.

Note: APC is still a party of liars. But the man Buhari has no stain.
Thanks cool

230 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by mistabiola: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2014
You are entitle to your own opinion #freedomofspeech cheesy grin but my stands will never change because I believe My fellow Nigeria Vote will bring about a good change to the future of our youth. cheesy

Operation chase PDP out is not only on but gathering
momentum ...Full steam ahead.

INEC ...over to you ... The genuine wishes of the people
MUST count this time . .

February 14 is the date ....and BUHARI is the Man.
Stand in front of a moving freight train with no brakes at
your peril.

Operation...:

#KickOutGEJ...

#TakeBackNigeria...

#TeamGMB

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by lirusehn(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2014
GEJ till i die undecided

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by ojaydedon(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2014
hmmm.. Even if he has something to offer, he is not d right person to lead Nigeria right now.... The ppl supporting him are maybe brain washed... I am not really a GEJ fan... But also not a GMB fan.. And d demon u know they say is better dan d angel u dont know...

NIGERIANS BE WISE....

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2014
You guys should just shut the faq up already! May the best emerge winner. smiley

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by donphilopus: 7:41am On Dec 12, 2014
These PDP thieves should just shut their trap up. Do they expect us to continue enduring clueless Leadership for another 4yrs?! It'll be suicidal for PDP (GEJ) to lead us for another 4yrs. What has been his achievement aside corruption, division et al?! As for me and my family, we ain't voting (for) GEJ, Buhari has come to the rescue. The change we've been yearning for has finally come.

Vote Buhari! Vote Change!

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by mastercee(m): 7:41am On Dec 12, 2014
I think the headline should have been 'GEJ has nothing more to offer'

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by lordprosh(m): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2014
simplemach:
The worst thing that can happen to Nigeria is to have Buhari elected as president. I feel that even those people who have been making noise behind him in his support will all live to detest his leadership and regret giving him their votes.
you spoke my mind

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Afritop(m): 7:42am On Dec 12, 2014
so what has GEJ got to offer that will stun me and that will make me vote for him. i have been voting PDP for a long time and i have not seen anything meaningful they have offered and what they will offer that will make me vote for them again

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by blackstreak: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2014
sai Buhari!!!

Baba dem dey fear you,

Your time has come!!!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2014
What prominent Nigerians say about Buhari:

Buhari is certainly the people's general, he is as gentle as a lamb, yet harder than an iroko. A dependable honest and incorruptible man, capable of rescuing Nigeria from cluelessness, ineptitude and wickedness in high places.

-CramJones

Buhari is miles ahead of President Jonathan. President Jonathan was still in Otueke going to school without shoes when Gen Buhari was president. I am delighted to be part of the party partly founded by Buhari.

- Femi Fani-Kayode (while he was still in APC)

The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wether he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“g
-SEN. MAKARFI.

164 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by purpinkx(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
Pdp is like wenger , why won't I try a new person , after all its same 4 years

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by edo3(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
Allow us to decide sir..

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Sunnycliff(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
Buhari will still be surrounded by The same sect of recycled polithiefcians? is there still a Hope for real change we anticipated?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by slightlyMad(f): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
seriously, am losing it everyday
the more research i make about Buhari, the more clearer it get that Buhari
may be our only way out.

this weyrey wey dey lead us na confirm ode

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by JIkaba(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
o kwa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by kunlesehan(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmmm...may we not regret our votes again oh Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by tattesco(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
Its just an understatement to say gej must go

Can a corrupt man end corruption?

An administration full of insecurity...

Corruption is the order of the day.

Nigeria need change.

The seat of nigeria's government needs to change

And buhari has come to deliver us from this bondage

Let's vote wisely come 2015

APC!!!!!!! CHANGE

43 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by lekikosky(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
We have seen what PDP can offer. Disaster,bombings and Austerity measure. Capped with Fraud.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Funjosh(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2014
says who

Those Lair called PDP lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by emmadejust(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2014
make him enter first,

but the level of his previous history and the prediction of the future if giving the leadership of this country does not give Hope, except people only mention fighting corruption as his strenght Which I doubt he have the strategy for the age we are.

give your thought About this matter
https://www.nairaland.com/2036880/polygamy-
man-wear-more-than#28802369
Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by jeeqaa7(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2014
This thread should have been named Nothing Good Can Ever Come From PDP..

Come 2015.

Apc will slug it out with pdp,
Buhari would be in the mix. Jonathan too. Then maybe okotie or atiku still and so many other unpopular aspirants but the real question is =} Which of this men does Nigeria need right now?

They say buhari is an islamist..
I have not heard any jihadist chant from him. In 2011 when he lost the elections . aggrieved muslims and not BH carried out the onslaught . His precedents undoubtedly places him as a needed choice and not the popular choice.

Its make or break time. If buhari becomes president ,
Its either BH becomes a fully armed military unit backed by the president or it would go into oblivion
Buhari might try to enrich himself as to cover the deficits of his initial reign but he will also look to wipe out corrupt elite then instil discipline . Only this time he would propose bills and not give decrees
The unity we share as a nation supposedly is held up by a thin thread hence with Buhari its either total unity or total secession in which either in itself is potentially viable

I am a christian
Buhari is a muslim

But when I need something badly .. I do not look @ religion,colour,race,nationality or tribe .. I look at the person not the affiliation

Nigeria needs buhari not Apc,not pdp

#‎Nigeria‬ns-arise

God Bless Nigeria

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Nothing New To Offer: PDP by Elparaiso(m): 7:44am On Dec 12, 2014
I don't know much about politics...
But I'm in for a change of government!

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example / Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed / I Am Lucky To Be Alive — Grace Abdu, VOA Reporter Arrested By Army In Oyigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.