Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria ?? [must Read] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria ?? [must Read] (595 Views)

‘Treat Jonathan With Care; Falae, Anenih Too Old To Be Jailed’ – Sagay To Buhari / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate / Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria ?? [must Read] by Eofclub: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Every now and then people (especially politicians) talk about the youth being the future of this country, while reading from their carefully prepared speech, they make promises of empowering the youths, giving us opportunities to air our voices and participate in the affairs of this great country.........and we love to hear those sweet words!!!
But yesterday after the result of the APC presidential primaries election was announced and I saw Buhari(Major General) looking like one of those awoken mummies from an hollywood movie, (no offense meant-just what I thought when I saw him) I had to google his age.........I WAS STUNNED.....GMB as his loyal followers love to call him is 71 and will be 72 before the next election.
I don't have words to express my feelings but isn't a 71 year old man TOO OLD rule this country at this "computerized" era? Is this how our APC plan on empowering the youths? And effect change?
What happened to the old giving way to new......(APC had won my heart in recent times when their 'change' campaign and the good works of some of their governors especially in each of their first 4 years in power) but this one they just did.........Broke my heart!!!!
If am not mistaking, workers in almost every sector of the economy get retired at age 60 or at most 70 so why should a man who clearly looks tired still be vying for presidency when we have thousands/millions of able and capable younger men who can fill the position and probably do a better job.....are we going forward or backward.
Is there really any hope for the youths of this great nation....... <pre>
if we are 'future' when will this future come?

click here
Re: Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria ?? [must Read] by temitemi1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
He is... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria ?? [must Read] by Tolexander: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
Yakubu Gowon, Muritala Ramat Muhammad and General Olusegun Obasanjo ruled Nigeria in their 30s!

General Ibrahim Babangida, Tafawa Balewa, Johnson Aguiyi Ironsi and General Muhammadu Buhari became the president in their 40s!

General Sani Abacha, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Sheu Shagari and General Abdulsalam Abubakar became president in their 50s

Rtd General Olusegun Obasanjo was a civillian president in his 60s.

Did situation of things change with our country when we had presidents in their 30s, 40s 50s and 60s?

i don't see anything wrong in trying a man in his 70s since it is proven that the change we need is this country doesn't involve the calories in the muscular cells but in cerebral calories!
Re: Is Buhari Not Too Old To Rule Nigeria ?? [must Read] by Ibrowski(m): 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
Not too old for change tongue

(1) (Reply)

Can Jonathan Survive This Blitzkrieg? / 10 Facts You Need To Know About Buhari's Running Mate / The Day OBJ Beat Up DOYIN OKUPE For Lying (eye Witness)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.