Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. (1002 Views)

Timi Alaibe Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary In Bayelsa / Details From APC Press Conference / Message From APC To Their Supporters - Twitter Handle(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by Kazrem(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary.

Am not a politician (and don't want to be one) but I love the intrigues, manipulation and suspense of politics. It's no longer a news that 24 hours ago Gen Muhammadu Buhari is the Presidential flag bearer of the All Progressive Congress defeating Former Vice president Atiku Abubakar and others in the race.
As a potential writer/speaker, I just don't see things happening. I draw lessons from every occurrence up to sporting (football) events.
There are life lessons that I learned from Atiku losing that primary to GMB and as usual will want to share it with you (no gain in hoarding knowledge).

1. Money Does No Make Everything Possible. I was reliably informed that Atiku gave $2000-$5000 to delegates to vote for him. They did collect it but didn't vote for him. Despite this dollarization, he lost. Am just imagining if the youths can take this lessons to practice and know that you don't have to "settle" to get your way.

2. Integrity, Reputation Make Things Happen. GMB on the other hand did not spend one tenth of what Atiku spent. He leveraged on his name, who he truly his and his records. He publicly said it that "I don't have pocketful of dollars but I will give my all to you". Already some groups of individuals are pooling resources together to finance his campaign. What more? Lesson: Build reputation, money will follow you.
3. What Worked There May Not Work Here. While watching the live transmission of the primary election yesterday, a political office holder said " spending and giving delegates money recklessly is normal "thing" at PDP primaries. That's their way of winning delegates. It's not new to Atiku". Meaning, the rule at PDP primary is the highest bidder takes the prize no matter how poor the person is. No wonder only few of their candidates perform creditably well. But at APC, it's not that way. Best candidate wins. Lesson: Don't dogmatically apply the rule or formula of where you are coming from to your new abode.

4. Lastly. Consistency Pays. If you remember, after the fall out with Obasanjo (PDP), Atiku came to the then AC (Action Congress) and was the Presidential candidate of AC in 2007 but he lost to Yar'adua. He decamped back to PDP after the election saying AC was too small a party for him to realize his Presidential ambition. He contested against President Good luck Jonathan at the PDP presidential primary in 2011 and lost. Still having that desire to rule this country, he came back to now APC sometime last year (or year before). What does that speak? He is, like some fellows will put it, prostitute politician. Switching like when switching electricity line. He is not consistent. Had it been he stayed with the then AC from 2007 till now, he wouldn't have only become a force to reckon within the party but will most likely win the primary of yesterday. He would also have been one of the National leaders and founding members of now APC - the position GMB is. But then......he didn't stay. Lesson: Think twice, even trice before leaving your current position. If condition warrants you to leave, ensure you don't go back or else you would be like Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by klodike(m): 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2014
Oga except u have evidence that Alh Atiku shared money, stop spreading rumors and writing what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by bbello28(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
Truth yarnin
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by jayonpoint(m): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
klodike:
Oga except u have evidence that Alh Atiku shared money, stop spreading rumors and writing what you don't know.
Are u for real?

OMG! Are u a learner? Atiku spent close to 500m to win theprimary alone...pre-primary n proto-primary election bt he failed. Money can't buy everything in life.
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by iluvnaija: 9:05pm On Dec 12, 2014
Good name is better than riches.
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by klodike(m): 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
Evidence brodah is all i ask. As far as am concerned this is another rumor/lies been spread. Nigerias are good at that.
jayonpoint:

Are u for real?

OMG! Are u a learner? Atiku spent close to 500m to win theprimary alone...pre-primary n proto-primary election bt he failed. Money can't buy everything in life.
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
klodike:

Who is this ignoramus? If knowledge is power, your I.Q in watts won't even power a torch light bulb.

A complete idiot knows delegates are always enticed & bought with money in order to win their votes. Even Jonathan was said to have given $10,000 to each of the delegates at the PDP primary in Abuja [This I heard from a reliable source & was also confirmed on the radio].

Well, we've never been like this until you, your type and your clueless "President" started presiding over the affairs of Nigeria - Shiooooooor!
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by klodike(m): 7:38am On Dec 13, 2014
Mr man evidence is all i asked for. Don't you come to a faceless forum and start insulting people. Without evidence there is no case please.
Zoharariel:

Who is this ignoramus? If knowledge is power, your I.Q in watts won't even power a torch light bulb.

A complete idiot knows delegates are always enticed & bought with money in order to win their votes. Even Jonathan was said to have given $10,000 to each of the delegates at the PDP primary in Abuja [This I heard from a reliable source & was also confirmed on the radio].

Well, we've never been like this until you, your type and your clueless "President" started presiding over the affairs of Nigeria - Shiooooooor!
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by engrtee(f): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
our politicians dont learn
Re: Drawing Life Lessons From APC Primary. by Kazrem(m): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
engrtee:
our politicians dont learn
But we should learn from their lives.

(1) (Reply)

South-south PDP Crisis: Fear Mounts Over Jonathan’s Chances / What I Notice About GMB / Buhari Is A Good Candidate - Ndigbo Youth President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.