Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) (905 Views)

OAP Open Letter To Dbanj For His Disrespectful Show Cancellation At NEA Awards / Top 10 Nigerian Artistes With The Biggest Endorsements / Pictures Of Dbanj Performing With Kanye West At The Koko Concert In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) by Jackter101(m): 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
This is just an honest observation of the trend on the social media world about your music. With so much work and quality put into some of your songs, it is evident that there is inadequate push from you and your management on social media and the internet. As much as you do not believe in the social media world as you claim in most of your interviews, I believe there has been a major shift from dailies, magazines, TV shows and words on the streets to what we read and believe in the blogs, social media and the internet generally. It is funny to know that a musician of your calibre just have a little less than 90,000 followers on your Instagram page, while the likes of Olamide and your former label mate, have as much as 400,000 followers. It may be true that you really do not care, but I think it is time you had a second thought, as enough awareness is not being done for your songs and label. I can remember that people got followers on Instagram by doing so many funny things, such as giving out money, recharge cards and all sorts of competitions that come with gifts, but you have not done any in recent times, and that has really affected your followership. Do not forget that people love those they eat from, even if it is crumbs. To appreciate what I am saying, I will give few examples. Look at Linda, Don Jazzy, Kcee, and check out the number of followers they have. It is from the above mentioned conscious efforts that they got their followers. I am not implying that you follow the same route; all I am saying is that, there is more you can do about your awareness on social media. If you are too busy, get someone in your management to handle your social media updates and posts. I believe that at this point, you are thinking, "what is this one saying, does he know how much I make", well, that is true, but you need to remember that before the endorsements was your music, and if your music is no longer loved and wanted, you know the rest.
Your new song, “Feeling the Ni**a” is a club banger and a hit, which can fall amongst your best offerings in your career, but I believe you should push the song more. I was on the phone with a friend last night and we were talking Naija music, and I mentioned “feeling the nigga”, and he said what song is that. I told him DBANJ’S, then he replied, was it out last week, as I saw a song by Dbanj, but I decided to scroll by as I thought it was Dbanj’s post MOHITS business as usual. This used to be a die-hard DBANJ’s fan. As much as I can say you have moved on and handled business properly, you have not handled your music properly. You have not successfully pushed anyone on your label. Kswitch is a bunch of talent, but I wonder why he is quiet. He has the ability to be one of the biggest acts in Nigeria, but after a couple of hits, he has relented and gone quiet. I believe if you have a proper management, Kswitch should be buzzing on our stereos and every hit list in the nation right now, while you pursue business and money which you know how to do best. DeeVee is a great producer as well, and I see you signed a couple other guys with Tonto Dike as DB’s first lady. I believe you need a proper management to handle all the artists while you do your thing and oversee. You cannot successfully be the money chaser, the executive producer, singer, fashion Icon, big brother and the farmer at the same time.
To bring my long write up to an end, I believe you should just take a little time to retrace your steps to where you started having more than normal internet haters and less lovers and fans. Where you started doing shows with a live band and talking more instead of performing, when you believed that the out of Africa fans can pay more than the home fans, where you thought breaking into the American market is the true definition of success. You need to be the DBANJ that you used to be, the one that dished out good, danceable and funny songs. I honestly do not care about how much you make, all I care about is your music. I hope to see you buzzing musically again as you anticipate a bigger 2015, and your 10th year anniversary in the music Industry.
From a true Music Lover
Marc
marcthefan@gmail.com
Re: The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) by holatin(m): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Mehn.....what can I say but true and nice post
Re: The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
*passes blunt* preach bruh
Re: The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) by Mprex(f): 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nice write up only if the fellow it is adressed to will see it
Re: The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) by Omotaday(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
wow, what a nice post. you are really a true fan not a hater.
Re: The Koko Master – Dbanj: Before The Endorsements Was Music (note To Dbanj) by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 7:14am On Dec 13, 2014
TRUE TALK WISH BANGALEE CAN SEE DIS.....

(1) (Reply)

Eucharia Anuobi,Desmond Elliot,Others Dazzle At Susan Peters Movie Premiere(Pix) / Pussycat Doll Diva, Nicole Scherzinger Makes First Appearance After Split Rumors / See The Few Nigerian Celebrities Who Made It To The Grammy Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.