Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc (3270 Views)

Buhari Not The Leader Nigeria Needs Now-balarabe Musa / OBJ Is At It Again (photo) / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (2) (3) (4)

Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2008
Is it about pictures or the fact that millions still sleep in darkness.

Who cares about fancy pictures Like OBJ took $900m for Turn Around Maintenance of refineries do we need pictures to know that the mone was embezzled when we still import fuel?

The billions spent on roads, Do we need pictures to know that the money was stolen.

Billions on power project people still live in darkness while all you can do is to show us pictures.

OBJ promised Nigerians uniterrupted electricity by December 2001 now 7 years after what do we have? Pictures?

Use those pictures to light up your room and power industries
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by Eziachi: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
Muza:

I have been to this power plant before.
The plant was commissioned in Feb 2007 and i went in aug 2007.
Do you know the cost of that power plant shocked ,you don't want to know.
And its not the whole power station thats working,there were 3 turbines,one of the turbines was not working so they told us that.
But who knows what actually happened.
so that mean geregu generates only 138*2 MW from 2 turbines.

How can you forget all that obj did so soon? how?

No wonder Nigerian leaders takes people like you for a ride. In this 21st century, someone like you with a  measure of some academic education still thinks that provision of social amenities like electricity and water is an achievement to be boast of in govt?  It's like a man congratulating himself for putting food on th table for his children. That is not an achievement, it's a compulsory requirement.
What is an achievement is when that man gives his children what is considered a privilege among their lots like say Oxford or Cambridge education through his hard work.
For an achievement we expect OBJ to give Nigerians
- Free Medical care
- Free quality education
-Welfare system
-Modern transport system
-Bringing corruption to zero starting from his own house
-True democracy etc
-Human Right for all
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by kokorunna(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2008
I guess you are joking about this, OBJ being the best leader in Nigeria.

You are having a proper laugh cheesy
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by stanech: 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2008
@dayokanu

Nobody is calling Obj a saint. All we want is for all you haters to call out anyone he feels is better and state out his/her reasons.
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by GettysBurg: 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2008
@ dayokanu,

I know a Cologne called Prejudice and a Deodorant called Bias. Don't wear them. They are too costly.

It's important we get the facts right, or else we wont even know when we unknowingly fight, and become enemies of progress.

Let me take 1 or 2 issues:
REFINERIES
Do you realise that even if our refineries function at 100% capacity, (they are at about >70% currently), we will still be under supplied in Nigeria?
So, there is no connection between the TAM and continued importation of fuel. The TAM was very successful and the refineries are producing. But we still need to import fuel. So, how do we stop the fuel imports?

To build more refineries, obviously. Question is, Who builds more refineries? Govt. or Private Investors?

Govt is very bad in business. We all know this. For instance, do u know that NNPC can NEVER make a profit? The model is grossly unsustainable. The staff are too much and salaries are huge. The pension scheme is outrageous( think of a retired manager on a monthly pension of N600,000 till the end of his life. A supervisor will retire on over 300,000 pension monthly. Directors almost a million- you can verify the facts!) But all this will continue even if there is no production by the company, or even if the economics dont support it. YES, that is govt. style of bizness. And you and me pay for these inefficiencies. You wonder there are no roads, no schools, etc, these are some reasons.

The private sector should build refineries. But, they will come and say, as long as govt subsidizes petrol, there is no way we can sell. Eg, say Production cost of petrol is N70/Litre and to break even, profit and recover their investments, the privates must sell at say N100. And govt sells for N70. Who will buy? Do u think the investors will come? No way.

Sadly, the govt used N700 billion on fuel subsidies- sadly subsidizing inefficient tokunboh cars, unnecessarily excessive cars(imagine a family with 5 cars), etc. All a waste! Subsidizing our wasteful luxuries and stupid inefficiencies!

OBJ tried to correct this. We all said no. He tried to sell off the refineries(huge liabilities), and yar adua reversed the sale. etc etc

These are examples of how we act in ignorance, criticize with bias and make uninformed, prejudiced judgments, thereby destroying opportunities to get out of our quagmire.
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2008
Muritala Mohammed, Buhari and Abdulsalam are all better than Obasanjo despite the fact that they are military.
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by maxsiollun: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2008
OBJ gets a lot of undeserved criticism. Nigerians are not being fair to him.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/7131/55
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by RibaduFan(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2008
Dayo belive u said the likes of MM are better than OBJ. Those guys squandered our money with their myopic reasoning. Imagine a president saying that Nigerian's problem is not how to get money but how to spend and the same leader going ahead to pay workers 5 months salary in advance for lack of ideas on how to utilise the money.
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by GettysBurg: 10:54pm On May 27, 2009
What?
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by 9ijaMan: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
RibaduFan:

Dayo belive u said the likes of MM are better than OBJ. Those guys squandered our money with their myopic reasoning. Imagine a president saying that Nigerian's problem is not how to get money but how to spend and the same leader going ahead to pay workers 5 months salary in advance for lack of ideas on how to utilise the money.

Which one amongst the three leaders mentioned by Dayo are you referring to? You beta get your facts right! For those arguing OBJ did well economically, we are already seeing the effects now in the banking sector. And like someone said earlier, providing roads and school cannot be claimed as achievements of any sensible government (unfortunately we lack such). And for those arguing that Obj paid our debts, US is the largest economy in the world today and the country also has one of the biggest debts. So paying off our debts has little to do with economic development.
I can go on and on, but will rest my case for a while at this point.
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by Onlytruth(m): 12:21am On Aug 29, 2009
OBJ the best president since independence?? Na wa o! Well, I don't think the man was better than even Abacha. At least Abacha stabilized the Naira at N84 and there was security. No MEND, no kidnappings (though there was a few assassinations sha! grin). Abacha protected Nigeria's interests while OBJ sold all of them to the highest bidders including NITEL, NICON Hilton and others. Actually he sold them to his cronies and lackeys.
I guess in the country of blind people, one eyed man is the king!
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by sjeezy8: 3:11am On Aug 29, 2009
Onlytruth:

OBJ the best president since independence?? Na wa o! Well, I don't think the man was better than even Abacha. At least Abacha stabilized the Naira at N84 and there was security. No MEND, no kidnappings (though there was a few assassinations sha! grin). Abacha protected Nigeria's interests while OBJ sold all of them to the highest bidders including NITEL, NICON Hilton and others. Actually he sold them to his cronies and lackeys.
I guess in the country of blind people, one eyed man is the king!

Lol you gatta point tho
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by JamesG: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2009
OBJ is the best compared to all the past and present clowns. OBJ had nothing to do with the election appointment of Yar' Adua - the Northern Oligarchy wanted him(Yar' Adua), because they knew he'll implement their unscrupulous agenda.
Re: Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc by 9ijaMan: 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2010
JamesG:

OBJ is the best compared to all the past and present clowns. OBJ had nothing to do with the election appointment of Yar' Adua - the Northern Oligarchy wanted him(Yar' Adua), because they knew he'll implement their unscrupulous agenda.

@ JameG,
Which planet are you from, ?

Aremu, Aremu, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? / Senator Jibril Aminu - True Federation, Federalism, Okah Agenda, It’s Nonsense / CBN-Securency Bribe Scandal: Australia Sacks Two In Polymer Note Bribe Scandal