Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Did My Dad Do Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did My Dad Do Right? (790 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food / Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did My Dad Do Right? by Hyinkar97(m): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2014
Dear Nls,
Good morning to y'all.
I want to share something that happened between my dad and I weeks ago.

My mum owns a Pharmacy shop; a small scale though. I was in shop that fateful morning when a lady came and asked for 'Postinor'.
'It isn't in stock', i told her.
I had heard of this drug before and my intuition told me its a contraceptive. I wasn't sure of it though.
So i decided to ask my dad about it. He had worked in the hospital before.

Me: Dad, what is postinor for?
Dad: (Countenance changed) How did you hear about that?
Me: Someone came to buy it but it isnt in stock.
Dad: Forget about it since you don't have it in stock.

Immediatley, i was now sure what postinor is for. So my question is, should he have told me what postinor is used for or he was right protecting his teen son from knowing about contraceptives?
Re: Did My Dad Do Right? by DarryOsh(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2014
Hyinkar97:
Dear Nls,
Good morning to y'all.
I want to share something that happened between my dad and I weeks ago.

My mum owns a Pharmacy shop; a small scale though. I was in shop that fateful morning when a lady came and asked for 'Postinor'.
'It isn't in stock', i told her.
I had heard of this drug before and my intuition told me its a contraceptive. I wasn't sure of it though.
So i decided to ask my dad about it. He had worked in the hospital before.

Me: Dad, what is postinor for?
Dad: (Countenance changed) How did you hear about that?
Me: Someone came to buy it but it isnt in stock.
Dad: Forget about it since you don't have it in stock.

Immediatley, i was now sure what postinor is for. So my question is, should he have told me what postinor is used for or he was right protecting his teen son from knowing about contraceptives?

He did what he considered to be the best, I believe. however, I don't think it was right. if anything, not giving you a satisfactory answer and making you feel it's something you shouldn't even be asking about would only make you more inquisitive. Either way, you would still find out what the drug is.
Regardless, I think the proper thing to do would have been to explain things, and if he thinks it necessary, explain why you should not have premarital sex and therefore would never need postinor
Re: Did My Dad Do Right? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 13, 2014
Hahahahaahahah

People just dey open topic with anything way happen for em life
Re: Did My Dad Do Right? by Hyinkar97(m): 10:28am On Dec 13, 2014
DarryOsh:

He did what he considered to be the best, I believe. however, I don't think it was right. if anything, not giving you a satisfactory answer and making you feel it's something you shouldn't even be asking about would only make you more inquisitive. Either way, you would still find out what the drug is.
Regardless, I think the proper thing to do would have been to explain things, and if he thinks it necessary, explain why you should not have premarital sex and therefore would never need postinor
Exactly what i was expecting from him...a lecture
Re: Did My Dad Do Right? by Hyinkar97(m): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2014
samflexxy:
Hahahahaahahah

People just dey open topic with anything way happen for em life
don vex
Re: Did My Dad Do Right? by LewsTherin: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
That's the challenge of sex education in Nigeria - the belief that knowing it will make you do it. But the truth is that knowing it prepares you and protects against mistakes.

To OPs question, your dad meant to do right. But due to ignorance did the worst possible thing

(1) (Reply)

pp / "It Has Been Six Years Since I Started This Incredible Journey" / Please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.