Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari (3017 Views)

Audu Never Stole Kogi’s N11bn – Melaye Insists / "Abacha Never Stole" Says Buhari As Published 2008 By Thisday Newspaper / Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Acidosis(m): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
I'm confused people; who do I give my vote in 2015?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by temitemi1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
CLAPTRAP!!!
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by PaulJohn1: 9:45pm On Dec 13, 2014
Seems the rulling PDP is really awake from its 16yrs slumber. grin grin They're using every tactic to bring down the recent uncontrollable soaring general buhari's popularity.

Lol...

5 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Vote none
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Dannylux: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
At least one of them isn't claiming to be squeaky-clean when he's exactly the opposite.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Acidosis(m): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
I've made up my mind to give my vote to Otueke man cool smiley

11 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Decibel: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2014
To me "Stealing is not corruption" and Buhari gave us proof.

Abacha never stole-Buhari

It means that he obviously know that Abacha is corrupt but never stole.

From the above assertion, I can categorically tel you that "Stealing is not Corruption"

#Fact!!! cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Ikengawo: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Decibel:
To me "Stealing is not corruption" and Buhari gave us proof.

Abacha never stole-Buhari

It means that he obviously know that Abacha is corrupt but never stole.

From the above assertion, I can categorically tel you that "Stealing is not Corruption"

#Fact!!! cool

Apku, kunu and eba politicians
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Decibel: 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Ikengawo:

Apku, kunu and eba politicians

Remember, that Abacha never stole and stealing is not corruption wink

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Why is stealing is not corruption refusing to declare his assets?
What is he hiding if he is not corrupt?
Let them all declare so we can judge.

Truth is bitter just as the difference between them is quite clear.

GMB loved by the Upright Hated by the Corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Caseless: 12:17am On Dec 16, 2014
PaulJohn1:
Seems the rulling PDP is really awake from its 16yrs slumber. grin grin They're using every tactic to bring down the recent uncontrollable soaring general buhari's popularity.

Lol...
pdp will fail.

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Ezyp(m): 2:36am On Dec 16, 2014
Caseless:
pdp will fail.
When a student fails, he repeats the class. Please if Mr president has failed, then let him repeat the office. ‪#‎repeatjonathan‬

8 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Caseless: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2014
Ezyp:
When a student fails, he repeats the class. Please if Mr president has failed, then let him repeat the office. ‪#‎repeatjonathan‬
some of u that shear this sentiment are the true enemies of Nigeria. Do u go to that place to learn, fail and repeat class or, u go there prepared for the challenges? The seat of president of any nation is not a testing ground or where u go and learn how to handle situation. It is a position for serious business. It is not a position to display cluelessness and corruption. If u fail you dont repeat class, u get booted out of the class.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by major466(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2014
The "Abacha was not corrupt" statement by Buhari is an insult on Nigerians intelligence. Worsest comment ever.

7 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by major466(m): 8:23am On Dec 16, 2014
Acidosis:
I've made up my mind to give my vote to Otueke man cool smiley
Wise choice smiley

3 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by stanech: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2014
abacha is not corrupt but we are still recovring his loots from arround the world

buhari is also not corrupt because he borrowed money to buy a form but flies arround in a private jet. liers

i will rather go with GEJ

9 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by stabillo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
PaulJohn1:

Lol...
How will you call a crying general a soaring general. I have cartons of white handkerchiefs to give out com February. I can save ur crying general from borrowing cos he borrows everything. ...lol

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by gratiaeo(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Both GEJ and Buhari are corrupt but Buhari is an Islamic extremism

1 Like

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
In the real sense of the word "some" forms of stealing can qualify as corruption. Some cant.

E.g. A public officer diverting public funds to private accounts qualify as both stealing and corruption

A public officer using his office to ease the process of getting his relative employed qualifies as corruption but that's not necessarily stealing

But an armed robber waiting for vehicles with guns and robbing people is pure stealing but that is not corruption.

The essence of the word corrupt or corruption assumes some level of responsibility and dignity that is being tarnished or adulterated due to some malpractices. Nobody looks up to a thief with some dignity or expect them to operate on a higher moral pedestal that is why it is out of place to describe a thief with the word corrupt.

Hence those who try to distinguish between the word stealing and corruption are not in anyway trivialising corruption. If anything they are emphasizing the enormity of what is going on in public offices in Nigeria when they try to draw a distinction between stealing and corruption. They are arguing that the seriousness of siphoning public funds into private accounts gets downplayed with the word corruption when in truth what is happening is outright stealing.

In 2006 Nuhu Ribadu made a similar argument about Sani Yerima of Zamfara State while accusing Governors of Corruption. In the case of Zamfara he emphasized that what is going on there is outright stealing without the involvement of any 3rd parties because in his words Sani Yerima was simply diverting State funds directly from State Accounts to private accounts. He is not even disguising it by setting up contactors with fronts like you currently have in Lagos where Tinubu's proxy companies do all sorts of work for the Lagos State Government and inflating cost without being subject to competition.

So eventhough in terms of technicalities of English language "Stealing is not corruption" may be wrong. I understand the sentiments behind the argument. There is some truth in it.
What goes on in public offices in Nigeria is stealing but in most developed countries you have corruption in public offices!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Acidosis:
you expected a Gambari man to say otherwise about his Gambari brother? No chance my brother.
My sympathy goes to the Southern bastards that are hell bent on bringing him into power to finish what they couldn't do before democracy removed power from the military which they have always used to their own selfish interests.

Southern bastards, vote him in and see the ugly policies that would enslave you in your own house.

4 Likes

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Pricelesss(f): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
You guyz are really having sleepless nights over GMB emergence. The man himself sleeps at night.

Why worry? I guess election is closer than we Think.

Vote 4 Change
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by anonimi: 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
ItsMeAboki:
Why is stealing is not corruption refusing to declare his assets?
What is he hiding if he is not corrupt?
Let them all declare so we can judge.

Just as the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC loves to spread LIES some of us must make it our duty to counter with the TRUTH and FACTS to dispel their MISINFORMATION campaign.
Right here on NL =>

egin:
Source http://pointblanknews.com/

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan 
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.

From: https://www.nairaland.com/71305/details-goodluck-jonathans-assets

Does anyone know of another elected officer still ALIVE who has also publicly declared his assets
Please provide the name of such a person and links to the details of such declaration.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ezyp:
There is no second chance; it's fail, fail out.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
anonimi:

Just as the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC loves to spread LIES some of us must make it our duty to counter with the TRUTH and FACTS to dispel their MISINFORMATION campaign.
Right here on NL =>

Does anyone know of another elected officer still ALIVE who has also publicly declared his assets
Please provide the name of such a person and links to the details of such declaration.
Good afternoon my friend, we are discussing Jonathan as President, not as VP. I still remember he said that he didn't give a damn over "pressure" to make him declare his assets publicly.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Ezyp(m): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
Caseless:
some of u that shear this sentiment are the true enemies of Nigeria. Do u go to that place to learn, fail and repeat class or, u go there prepared for the challenges? The seat of president of any nation is not a testing ground or where u go and learn how to handle situation. It is a position for serious business. It is not a position to display cluelessness and corruption. If u fail you dont repeat class, u get booted out of the class.
at least u saw the IF.....but sometimes someone fails not because he is dull but because when he refuses to bribe the teacher/lecturer or didn't his handout...
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by BossAyuk: 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
Acidosis:
What are you confused about? You've been a PDP stooge and sycophant like for a long time on this forum...Plelase advice yourself and give your vote to Mr. Stealing is not Corruption. aka Jonathan...who professed that "Stealing is not corruption" and went ahead to dine with the Abacha's son.
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by BossAyuk: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
anonimi:

Right here on NL =>

2007? 7 years ago? This colour font man no get sense too grin grin grin
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by BossAyuk: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
major466:
Abacha was not corrupt statement by Buhari is an insult on Nigerians intelligence. The worsest comment ever.
Must you be biased all the time? So GEJ's statement of "Stealing is not corruption" is a compliment to Nigerians?? *Sighs*
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by anonimi: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Good afternoon my friend, we are discussing Jonathan as President, not as VP. I still remember he said that he didn't give a damn over "pressure" to make him declare his assets publicly.

BossAyuk:

2007? 7 years ago? This colour font man no get sense too grin grin grin

In case both of you missed it, let me repeat my questions:

Is any of you capable of providing answers abi na only EMPTY mouth wey una get
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by BossAyuk: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
anonimi:

Monday, 8th December 2014

The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja will today hear the case filed by the Legal Defence and Assistance Project (LEDAP) seeking to compel the President, Vice President and Ministers to declare their assets.

The suit is demanding the Code of Conduct Bureau to perform its constitutional duty to demand declaration of assets from those public officials. LEDAP contended in the suit that the failure of President Goodluck Jonathan to declare his assets amounted to a breach of the Constitution under Section 143 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended).

In its response to the case, the Code of Conduct Bureau filed a counter affidavit claiming that the President and his deputy have already declared their assets to the Bureau and that they are not allowed to disclose the declared asset publicly.

The Bureau stated that the plaintiff had earlier requested for the copies of the asset declaration form by the president and his deputy, which was declined because there is no law authorising the Bureau to disclose declared assets to the public.

The hearing of the case resumes today at Court 5.

President Jonathan had on June 24, 2012 said during public media chat with the Nigeria Television Authority that he will not declare his asset publicly.

http://ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/189580-court-hears-suit-on-jonathan-s-refusal-to-declare-asset-today
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by Blackfire(m): 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
#SINC
#AINC
WE are in trouble
Re: Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
anonimi:

Don't respond to my question together with other peoples for clarity. My question again, why did Jonathan declare his assets publicly as VP but has failed to do same as President?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Boss Just Threatened To Sack Me If I Dont Vote GEJ On Saturday. / Proposed Nigeria Nuclear Power Plants- Basic Knowledge & Facts / SHOCKING!!! The Etymological Origins Of The Word Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.