Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals (823 Views)

Ghana Bans Public Officials From Travelling First Class / China Bans Muslim Officials From Observing Ramadan / China Bans Mini Skirts In Buses. Should Nigeria Do The Same? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by Hadewahlay(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2014
According to a statement by Chinese Xinhua
News Agency, China’s national anthem can
no longer be performed at weddings, funerals,
balls or other non-political functions. They
can now only be performed at certain
dignified events.
The anthem, known as the March of the
Volunteers' may be played at the start of
important celebrations or public political
gatherings, formal diplomatic occasions or
significant international gatherings.
The anthem can also be performed when
Chinese athletes win medals and “at arenas
where national dignity should be fought for
and safeguarded".
The Chinese government said the reason is to
“standardize proper etiquette for the national
anthem, which reflects national independence
and liberation, a prosperous, strong country
and the affluence of the people”
People who break the rules will be “criticized
and corrected“, Xinhua added.
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by braine(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2014
But why would they sing the national anthem at a Wedding or funeral??
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2014
braine:
I wonder why
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by panafrican(m): 2:42am On Dec 17, 2014
braine:
Because they are patriots to the blood. They live and feel their country on daily basis.
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by braine(m): 3:14am On Dec 17, 2014
panafrican:

Because they are patriots to the blood. They live and feel their country on daily basis.

LOL! That one get comma o. cheesy
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by adamskutty(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
enlightened babe long time no yarn, i see u have join the association of space bookers on nl grin
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
adamskutty:
enlightened babe long time no yarn, i see u have join the association of space bookers on nl grin

I'll be back l8r to post.

How're you, Adam? smiley
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by adamskutty(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I'll be back l8r to post.

How're you, Adam? smiley
i am very very fine grin .

Wbu?
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
adamskutty:
i am very very fine grin .

Wbu?

Good to hear smiley

I'm fine. A little sleep deprived, but none the worse for wear.
Re: China Bans Singing Of Its National Anthems At Weddings & Funerals by ajebuter(f): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Chai, these chinkos are banning national anthen on certain occassions.

I can bet GEJ, PEJ, Tinubu, Atiku, Ameachi, uduaghan, Oshiomole, Obanikoro, alao akala, okonjo Iweala, allyson Madueke, dangote and even Fashola cannot even correctly the national anthemm

Abi na lie?

(1) (Reply)

The Day Iran Buried Ayatollah Khomeini / China Just Made This Huge Moves To Ban Islam.. / Pic: Ugandan Police Runs Away With Ballot Boxes When People Were Still Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.