Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated (24334 Views)

Adedamola Aderemi Visits Emir Of Kano Lamido Sanusi II At His Kano Palace..pics / Emir Of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II As A Youth In 1970: Photo / Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by godoluwa(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
OK Genevieve Nnaji Unclad Picture LEAKED
http:///AvP8K embarassed
abeg park well. y r all dis thra*h?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2014
you done check am abi embarassed embarassed
godoluwa:
abeg park well. y r all dis thra*h?
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by carlos1(m): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
siraj1402:
One of Nigeria’s most powerful Muslim leaders, the emir of Kano, has expressed optimism that the Boko Haram insurgency which has claimed some 13,000 lives will soon be over.
“I say help is on the way. Terror must and will be defeated,” Muhammad Sanusi II tweeted late Saturday. “All it requires is the good leaders, uncommon courage and unrelenting determination, and victory will be ours.”
Sanusi, Nigeria’s second most powerful Islamic leader, was presumably referring to the emergence of former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari as the candidate of the opposition All Progressives Congress in next year’s presidential election.
Buhari will challenge President Goodluck Jonathan’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party for the country’s top job on February 14.
“We will together see the end of them and their reign of terror,” Sanusi said.
Sanusi became emir earlier this year after being sacked from his post as the central bank governor, where he was one of the government’s most high-profile critics.
Last month, he voiced support for vigilantes fighting Boko Haram in the volatile northeast, urging others to form civilian militias and questioning the competence of the military to end the five-year-old insurgency.
On November 28, a week after the comments, gunmen with explosives attacked the mosque near Sanusi’s palace during Friday prayers and killed at least 120 people and wounded 270.
The emir was out of the country at the time but many believed he was the target because of his criticisms of the Islamist sect, which says it wants to impose a strict Islamic state in Nigeria’s mainly Muslim north.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/muhammad-sanusi-ii-says-help-way-boko-haram-will-defeated/

Just like a coach talks to his football players and tells dem wat 2 do, He'll simply tell his boys to stop fighting. Dats all

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by emmykk(m): 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
PassingShot:
Even the dead great Nigerians know in their grave that Nigeria is once again on the verge of liberation with the coming of Buhari
jonathan has defeated buhari before,so spare me rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by bankole200(m): 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
I agree with you, Emir, Help is on the way! Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by emmykk(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
mastercee:
I'm a progressive Nigerian
I demand for change
I demand for the people's general
Enough of PDP's slavery
#SaiBuhari

you are also buharIpaders
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
GEJ is a devil .

Him and his oil wealth must be voted out

Buhari - Tinubu the saints will make Nigeria great through cocoa - groundnut wealth

One Najaiyiria grin

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
We already know that!

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by UD101(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
holatin:
yeah

What is d advantages of a President that can't control and find a way to end or weak the rate of insurgents.
what is d advantage of a President that don't Ve a pint of compassion for people killed by boko haram ( dancing kukere a day after nyanya bomb blast)

He cant rule my siblings or primary 1 class talkless of a big country called Ngeria. he can't even control the shippoptamus.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by adbokus(m): 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
This deitification of Buhari and simultaneous demonization of Jonathan bèfuddles me..sometimes i wonder whether it is still the same Buhari who has now become 'born again' and then 'old things have passed away'..we have a terribly short memory as a people which will surely bring upon us terrible consequences..now, Gowon(1966-1985)..Shagari(1979-1983)..Buhari(1983-1985)..Babangida(1985-1993)..Abacha(1993-1998)..Abdulsalam(1998-1999)..ask yourselves, after almost four decades of 'born to rule' what are the achievements of this nation that you all can factfully point to?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by engrsyer(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
smartleo:
p

He has said his own rubbish according to you,pls say your own too.FOI
Thank very much and in using FOI law, i have already said mine though not rubbish but valid and sound advise.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by philips70(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tinubu:
Emir Sanusi is my guy. I admire him greatly.

But because of the sacred office which he occupies, he should be as apolitical as possible, and not make statements such as these, which are capable of being interpreted to mean he is endorsing any particular candidate.... Of course we know who the Emir is endorsing to become president, but he doesn't have to make incendiary/partisan comments to prove it...

LONG LIVE SLS

GMB/FASHOLA FOR ASO ROCK 2015

JONATHAN FOR OTUEKE 2015

That Twitter handle does not belong to HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. It's an impostor
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by nkpommpko(m): 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
WHAT PROMINENT NIGERIANS SAY ABOUT BUHARI

“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wether he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

***Kindly share this if really you believe in NEW Nigeria & that another Nigeria is possible***

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by PassingShot(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
emmykk:
jonathan has defeated buhari before,so spare me rubbish.

I get am b4 no be property.

We will soon clear your doubts come Feb 2015.

By then, you will realize that na when tree near tree monkey dey perform. When trees dey far apart, no performance for monkey

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by philips70(m): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
adbokus:
This deitification of Buhari and simultaneous demonization of Jonathan bèfuddles me..sometimes i wonder whether it is still the same Buhari who has now become 'born again' and then 'old things have passed away'..we have a terribly short memory as a people which will surely bring upon us terrible consequences..now, Gowon(1966-1985)..Shagari(1979-1983)..Buhari(1983-1985)..Babangida(1985-1993)..Abacha(1993-1998)..Abdulsalam(1998-1999)..ask yourselves, after almost four decades of 'born to rule' what are the achievements of this nation that you all can factfully point to?!

In as much as I do not believe a certain part of the country should claim lordship over the other but these people you mentioned up there built the infrastructure we have today. They built Lagos and other cities down south. What have our own done for us? Even our governors who are from us in democratic rule. I will rather rate them on their achievements while in power than the region they come from.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by EHoudini: 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2014
Bh started for this moment. Once they got theirs installed everything returns to pre_bh era. Coup, blackmail. God forbid. I donot like d present accupant even less bh calmer. Mr emir should stay off politics
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by adbokus(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
philips70:

In as much as I do not believe a certain part of the country should not claim lordship over the other but these people you mentioned up there built the infrastructure we have today. They built Lagos and other cities down south. What have our own done for us? Even our governors who are from us in democratic rule. I will rather rate them on their achievements while in power than the region they come from.
40years? And all those 'achievements' you mentioned have suddenly become commensurate with almost four decades of our national life?!..they should have left the roads and not built them or subsisted in poor and dilapidated capital city!..<=40years!!!
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by MalcoImX: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
anonimi:

What are the criteria for being a progressive
Just truly love your country. For me, that's all.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by cliffm43: 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
NIGERIANS ARE FOOLS.............WHO IS THE BOKO HARAM??SANUSI AND Buhari OR BUHARI......WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE SANUSI AND Buhari....

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by major466(m): 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
One of Nigeria’s most powerful Muslim leaders, the emir of Kano.
This is bullshit. The Op should have start with something like this "Kano's most powerful Emir".
For crying out loud He's the emir of Kano, not the emir of Nigeria.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by koikoi2(m): 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
Story story, Nigerians shine ur eyes. Boko haram is a northern agenda to unseat and seize power from Jonathan.

Read this

A celebration from certain folks who identify
themselves as Buharists with a lofty practice
of chorusing "Sai Buhari" upon the news of the
emergence of Buhari as the winner of the APC
presidential primaries deals a blow of a
comfortable disappointment in my eyes. How
can you possibly celebrate the emergence of
Buhari in a party that had better options of
presenting refined people like Fashola or better
options like Fayemi and Oshiomole? Even
Rochas Okorocha is a more comfortable joke
than the coup d' etat General.
The country is insane! The citizens are
clueless and myopic. If you can rejoice that a
man who over-threw or benefited from the
usurpation of a democratically elected
government, is openly unapologetic over it
and ran a very brutal and abusive junta, then
you deserve the clueless man in Aso Rock ten
times.
This is a man who said he will not contest for
the Presidential race again, defended the
monstrous junta of Abacha as "not corrupt,"
presided over a petroleum ministry where
funds running in the billions disappeared under
his watch and yet you chorus about his
integrity? Do you know what integrity means?
Someone says he won't do a thing and next
tomorrow he wakes up doing the same thing
he promised never to get involved in and you
are not worried about a man of such
personage? If he could not keep to his word,
why would he keep to his promises upon being
entrusted with power?
This is a man who has not presented any
manifesto, plan, nor submitted any idea or
plan he intends to runs with if elected into
power. All we hear is "I'll fight corruption,"
"Vote me and my party and they'll be
security," and "I am the answer to a buoyant
economy," etc. How the heck do you intend to
bring these superficial promises to light? Will
you fart out insecurity? You think the economy
is run by rhetorics? Or you want to fight
insurgency with words of mouth? No
explanation, no manifesto, nothing practical
just cheap vague promises and the mindless
followers chorus "Sai Buhari!"
I do not understand folks in Nigeria. If you
think that Buhari will do a better job simply
because the man in Aso Rock is acting like a
clueless docile which makes it easy for the
Sharia enthusiasts to fart any vague rhetoric
to your patronage, then I laugh.
You do not find it shameful and disturbing that
in a country of over 170 million people, the
best that could be offered to contest for the
Presidency are a Sharia enthusiast who over-
threw a democratically elected government
and most importantly has no plans and
manifesto to offer and a disappointing
commander-in-chief who runs a government
of proud incompetence and loud cluelessness.
I am ashamed.
In a saner clime GMB will not be allowed to preside over a nursery school not to mention a
country of over 170 million people. Sorry, we
are lost. A country where a non-sense is
put before you to try to make sense from him . Sai! Una shame me

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by anonimi: 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
MalcoImX:
Just truly love your country. For me, that's all.

If I just SAY with my mouth that I truly love my country, I am automatically a progressive shocked
Is that not clueless?

No need to see if I take ACTIONS that demonstrate that love and WORKS for the masses like Awo did, for example
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Howcomes(m): 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2014
Clueless homosapiens drowning in d missisipi of Confession. Only a daft Nigerian Student or Student parent will allow PDP deal with them again. Final year Student try PDP and graduate with him GEJ in 2019. Beware of Brief Delight and Lasting Shame and Regret. It was Fresh Air. I don't know what to call it now.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by calaway: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
bankole200:
I agree with you, Emir, Help is on the way! Sai Buhari
yes you are right when it is a muslim at the helm the terrorist sheath their thirty swords. Just as we have in KADUNA state now. The question is do they have the sole right and reserve to perpetuate violence(bloodied dog and baboon, ungovernable country)? must we always succumb to terror tactics?

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Xcex: 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
U all in d north sim 2 knw ur p, but i tel u we'll rather watch u finish urselves till 2019 dan buhari rulin 9ja wit d south n east included.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Kagarko(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
Siraj linking that statement with Muhammdu Buhari is your own cup of tea.

Emir of kano donot mention GMB in his statement.

Good leadership will definately breed peace and harmony among nigerians.

Even if gej will be proactive in his leadership style people will bw happy.

People Fanning embers of violence are found in gej‘s govt and nothing is done to them. Knowing fully well that nigeria is standing on a keg of gun powder.

We are seriously praying for a change of govt in this country.

Oh Allah help us out.

Amin.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sanusi has denied this report. He said he doesn't have a twitter handle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by KINGPIN26(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sanusi II.......menene menene should answer where was he When those bastards where breadin this sect in the open in kano and environ no body 4t against it........Nw that d dogs they trained is bitin back cos they'r nw blamin d dog 4 being a bad 1 and also got to c that its nt getin funny, u open ur mouth to tel me they'r nt muslims.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Louislewis: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sanusi and company know the people that are behind this Boko Haram issue. Why wouldn't Boko Haram stop if Buhari emerge as president of this country. Knowing fully well that the sabotage that Jonathan had to fight the Boko Haram mostly is from the northern leaders and the northern in the military circle. You people have succeeded in making the nation ungovernable to achieve your Born to Rule attitude with the support of some of our useless politicians in west that are selfish. But, all I know is that, one good turn deceives another. As long as this country was made ungovernable for Jonathan, so shall it be when Buhari succeeds as president if at all he will succeed.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by KINGPIN26(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2014
carlos1:

Just like a coach talks to his football players and tells dem wat 2 do, He'll simply tell his boys to stop fighting. Dats all

As easy as tellin a dog to sit *i pray*
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Louislewis: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Sanusi and company know the people that are behind this Boko Haram issue. Why wouldn't Boko Haram stop if Buhari emerge as president of this country. Knowing fully well that the sabotage that Jonathan had to fight the Boko Haram mostly is from the northern leaders and the northern in the military circle. You people have succeeded in making the nation ungovernable to achieve your Born to Rule attitude with the support of some of our useless politicians in west that are selfish. But, all I know is that, one good turn deceives another. As long as this country was made ungovernable for Jonathan, so shall it be when Buhari succeeds as president if at all he will succeed.
Re: Muhammad Sanusi II Says Help Is On The Way, Boko Haram Will Be Defeated by Teeboi4real(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2014
If Buhari emages nd d boko stops that means, He is d father of Bokoharam. and just get ready 4 another war from MEND.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai Just Got His PVC Yesterday! [PHOTOS] / Falana Knocks Obasanjo, Attacks Jonathan / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.