Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:44 PM

Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush (901 Views)

Lessons In Love: Monday- A Story By Kayode Odusanya / Wow! Quickly Rush And Grap All These Xmas Bonuses B4 Someone Else Gets It Today! / A Monday Morning Experience - Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush by AceOfDiamonds(m): 6:13am On Dec 15, 2014
As Monday reared its ugly head on this beautiful morning,i rolled on my mattress and struggled out of bed.
Many will agree that Monday is the most dreaded/loathed day of the week,this particular day being no exception. sad

Coupled with the excellently cool weather which inadvertently warranted more lazying in bed,the hanging out with the guys the previous day had weakened the bones. embarassed

Nevertheless, i was ready for work as early as 5am and headed for the road.I boarded a bus with the thought of at least starting the week on a good note - arriving early to my place of work.

The bus was going at snail speed because of the drivers' constant stop searching for passengers.
Commuters told the driver to step on the gas as they had to be at different places on time.Oga driver wasted no time in informing them that apart from his bus being for his commercial purpose, they weren't forced into boarding his vehicle.

All went well until this well dressed man behind me suddenly shouted at the conductor to refund his fare and allow him alight from the bus.

Well,i guess its true what they say about many being mad but only few roaming undecided ...
In this case,no one would have an inkling that this responsible looking man could behave in such a manner fit for 'the boys' grin

The red eyed bus conductor who had cleverly collected his fare from us earlier did not respond.
The decent looking man wasted no time in insulting the conductor
"Abi o fa igbo yo nii...Abi e ri oloshi ti mo n ba soro nii ?"
( Are you high on drugs...Or can't you see the foolish being i am talking to ?)

The conductor angered at the insults retorted "Ko ni da fun iyalaya iya yiin...Oloriburuku eyan! E je fun ra yin ni brain"
(It won't be well with your mother's mother...Stupid fellow! You better wise up)

shocked Within a flash,as sudden as they come, shocked i saw a fist graze my ear landing on the stomach of the conductor who staggered backwards from the bus to the road. The bus driver parked his bus and joined in the fight which later degenerated into a free for all.

With no hope of getting my fare back,i moved on to another bus in hope of getting to work on time and journeyed on putting behind me the travails of my early morning.
I hardly had been lost in reverie when i heard a loud scream by a young lady accompanied by shouts of 'My phone...my phone'. embarassed

She pointed at one shabby looking boy who snatched her phone from the window of the bus.She alighted and sympathisers also helped in chasing after the boy who seemed to have disappeared like smoke in contact with air.
The young lady was absorbed in tears and started narrating how it happened like we cared undecided All i wanted was to get to work on timeā€¦ embarassed

The bus was on the road again and the traffic situation was building up ; the very dilemma i wanted to avoid embarassed

Horns started blaring,the cars started switching lanes....

And it happened,the cars ahead of us hit themselves shocked - A bus and a private car
The private car owner, exquisitely dressed stepped out of his car and started the common 'Do you know who i am,i would deal with you...' shouting match.
Slaps and blows were thrown with colleagues of the bus driver wading in.

Stuck in the bus and with no guarantee of movement any time soon,i annoyingly alighted and stopped a bike. I had had enough!

I managed to get to work some minutes after 8am after leaving home 3hrs earlier, spending double on my transport in the process embarassed sad

As i slumped into my chair, i thought aloud and said 'I guess its true what they say after all...To reside in Lagos, a tinge of craziness is required! undecided
My day had hardly started and yet i had witnessed enough to last a whole day!

1 Like

Re: Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush by pweshex(m): 6:24am On Dec 15, 2014
Good piece
Re: Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush by AceOfDiamonds(m): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2014
pweshex:
Good piece

Thanks smiley
Re: Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush by gede7744(f): 6:52am On Dec 15, 2014
hahaha! this is Lagos

no man's land

to survive u need a little madness!

1 Like

Re: Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush by AceOfDiamonds(m): 7:00am On Dec 15, 2014
gede7744:
hahaha! this is Lagos

no man's land

to survive u need a little madness!

Yeah yeah! The hustle is real!
Re: Monday In Lagos - The Adrenaline Rush by StealthyMe(m): 7:01am On Dec 15, 2014
grin Within a flash,as sudden as they come grin

Hilarious!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Kiss / What Can I Gain For Posting A Story Which Results To Thousands Of Views / Zara Sanusi And This Is My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.