Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

INEC Should Introduce "None Of The Above" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Should Introduce "None Of The Above" (391 Views)

The FG Should Introduce A 30-day Visa Free Entry For G7 Countries. / We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President / Jem: Fashola weak,should Introduce 50% Derivation Out State Taxes(Capital Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INEC Should Introduce "None Of The Above" by tobechi20(m): 9:26am On Dec 15, 2014
The two major parties in the country recently held their primaries and brought out their candidates.

I along with many nigerians lack confidence in the candidates.
In the last election, my choice candidate Ibrahim Babaginda was knocked out by his party in the name of "nothern candidate".
I sat home on the electiion day.
Will there be a reoccurance. ? Are we mandated to choose one of wrong candidates presented or fold our hands and sit at home.

I think "none of the above" option should be introduced to shift power from the party delegates to the masses.
If 50percent votes "NOTA,", there would be a re election and delegates would be presurised in voting the people choice during primaries and not the candidates who danced to their tune.

Shouldnt we express our disaatisfaction on the ballot paer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Introduce "None Of The Above" by Tattooboy: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2014
u might be right

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Rule Nigeria Since 1999 That's Y Nigeria Failed / Mashall Amosu Says Boko Haramwar Will Be Long / No Right Thinking Nigerian’ll Vote Jonathan Back To Power —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.