Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) - Poems For Review (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) (70936 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / 6 Memorable Poetry Collections By Nairaland Poets For 2014 - NPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thanks Everest and texanomaly. I'm writing a bio poem and tagging all my friends.

By the way, does it have to come always I that format? There are some lines I would want to leave out. embarassed
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Mynd44: 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2015
laykorn:

This man can lie wo. shocked
That's how he told me one day that it is his picture that is on his profile. I went through 2 weeks of tedious research to realise that he isn't the one on his dp. undecided
Ayamlaykorn
Why do you need my picture? Did baba ask for it?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 1:03am On Jan 26, 2015
Mynd44:

I don't know how to write poems cry

undecided
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 1:06am On Jan 26, 2015
laykorn:
Thanks Everest and texanomaly. I'm writing a bio poem and tagging all my friends.

By the way, does it have to come always I that format? There are some lines I would want to leave out. embarassed
Ayamlaykorn

It's your poem. Do it your way. smiley
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello!...Mr. Laykorn
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Walk into the class in my Kampala styled senegalse.
I'm sorry class, Im 20 minutes late. In today's class we will discuss "what is a Cinquain?"
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
A cinquain poem is a verse of five lines that do not rhyme. The cinquain poem was created by Adelaide Crapsey.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
Or we can say a short poem consisting of five,
usually unrhymed lines containing,
respectively, two, four, six, eight, and
two syllables, any stanza of five lines.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
What is the structure of a cinquain?
It consists of 5 unrhymed lines.
Each line has a set number of syllables see below:
Line 1 – 2 syllables
Line 2 – 4 Syllables
Line 3 – 6 Syllables
Line 4 – 8 syllables
Line 5 – 2 Syllables

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
An example of a cinquain poem

My mum 2
Is so caring 4
She is always helpful 6
She is so beautiful and kind 8
Love you. 2
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why don't you try writing a cinquain poem and post it here? Any of the teachers that comes here first will mark your poem from this we will know who understand today's class or not

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
outta of the class even though none attended, I've done my part.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Oahray: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmm... Cinquain. Lemme try it. Thanks Cisse, for the enlightenment smiley
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by HizMissy(f): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
It hurts
my mind is numb
pain twisting through my heart
what did i do to deserve this?
tough love.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 30, 2015
The man...2
Ever busy....4
Thinking how to enrich....6
All his family desires ........8
Always .......2

Man.....1
Always......2
Busy with.....3
His search for wealth......4
never getting all.......5
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:25am On Jan 30, 2015
JohnBright is that a cinquain?
Thanks Cisse,I now know what a cinquain is.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
JohnBright is that a cinquain?
Thanks Cisse,I now know what a cinquain is.

Sorry the second stanza was a misconception
But yes sire its a cinquain
smiley cheesy
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
You know him?,He was Britain's Poet Laureate for seven whole years...
Mrs Tex and myself will take you on a brief tour to Europe,where we'll unveil his personality to you...
#please stay tuned. Sip your zobo drink,while you wait

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by noble4d(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
Wow! U guys r really doing great....thumbs up smiley

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
#walks into the class...with my glass hanging on the bridge of my nose.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
Welcome y'all to tonight's class.
Tex and myself will be discussing on the life of a famous poet,that lived in the 18th/19th century.
He is Willams Wordworth
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
Williams Wordsworth. Born April,7,1770,in Cockermouth, Cumberland,England. Attended Hawkshead Grammar School,where his love for poetry was firmly established,and it is believe that he made his first attempt on verse. After Hawkshead, Wordsworth studied at St. John College in Cambride and before his final semester,he set out on a walking tour of Europe,an experience that influenced both his poetry and political sensibilities.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
Wordsworth earliest poetry was published in 1793 in the collection 'An Evening Walk and Descriptive Sketches'.
Meeting with Samuel Taylor Coleridge, they launched the Romantic age in English literature,with their joint publication, Lyrical Ballads-1798.Wordsworth was Britain's Poet Laureate from 1843,until his death in 1850.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
I hereby claim the front seat
Anybody against me
Should chop shit
Or drink piss

Front seat things

The Mind is ready
Mood is positive

cheesy
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
.... Selected Bibliography,Some of the poems written by Williams Wordsworth....
An evening walk (1793)
Descriptive sketches (1793)
Boarder (1795)
Abbey (1798)
Lines written above Tintern (1798)
Lyrical Ballad (1798)
Upon Westminister Bridge (1801)
Intimations of immortality (1806)
Miscellaneous sonnets (1806)
Poem I-II (1807)
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
Go on.....?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
Teacher contunu!
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
Now who can mention any of his other works,Poetry, for he was also a Witty in Prose writing,and did pen-down some wonderful prose too?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
DAFFODILS by William Wordsworth.
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hill,
When all at once I saw crowd,
A host,of golden Daffodils,
Behind the lake,beneath the trees
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze
Continuous as the stars that shine,
And Twinkle in the milk way,
They stretched In never- ending line
Along the margin of the bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The wage beside them danced;
But they
Out deed the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not be gay

...To be continued

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
ASSIGNMENT.
Complete the poem,Daffodils by William Wordsworth and try to interpret the whole poem.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
See y'all next week,please submit the assignment here.
Thanks for hanging on with us,Tex n myself...have a wonderful week ahead!
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Good evening class

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (61) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.