Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) - Poems For Review (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) (74153 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / 6 Memorable Poetry Collections By Nairaland Poets For 2014 - NPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
'For the beautiful light has come'. Yes again, after years of independent, Nigeria now is the most populous black nation in the world, the number 1 fastest growing economy in Africa, Nigeria has done very well in making herself known in all the corners of the world. Her citizens are flourishing in every continent.

As we said, using objects in poetry add themes to your poems. Can we relate to this message from this poem now?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2015
Qaisar1:

Question sir!

Can a reader decipher the writer's poem up to an eighty percent accuracy (without "off-poem" clues/notes)?

Last class I read the poem repeatedly and couldn't (really) read things outside the presented text
... The poem was great (and i waa confused)
as poets, we value our words, we see them as our coins, our codes, our symbols etc, it is only a poet that can derive another theme from your poem. When my partner was writing this, he had one thing in his mind, 'the bulb'. But as poets, we must learn to look at other poets' works with different eyes.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Qaisar1:

Question sir!

Can a reader decipher the writer's poem up to an eighty percent accuracy (without "off-poem" clues/notes)?

Last class, I read the poem repeatedly and couldn't (really) read things outside the presented text
... The poem was great (and i was confused)
It is possible,but i guess that is why the clue is there...to serve as a guideline, Its just like a syntax to follow in order to decipher the poem.

I in particular was confused about the ray (The part the white man left).
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
cisse7575:
as poets, we value words, we see them as our coins, our codes, our symbols etc, it is only a poets that can derive another theme from your poem. When my partner was writing this, he had one thing in mind, 'the bulb'. But as a poet, we must learn to look at other poets' work with different eyes.

Seconded
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2015
cisse7575:
as poets, we value words, we see them as our coins, our codes, our symbols etc, it is only a poets that can derive another theme from your poem. When my partner was writing this, he had one thing in mind, 'the bulb'. But as a poet, we must learn to look at other poets' work with different eyes.
Nice one prof..(No thumbs up emiticon here).
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Qaisar1: 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2015
cisse7575:

Ok... So we (readers) are free to create different themes from a poem.

'Kul'
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2015
donifez:

Should be independence and engineered.
thanks for the observation, we will be glad to learn always from you sir.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
donifez:

Nice one prof..(No thumbs up emiticon here).

With this remaining time frame, should we continue the class as we still have Harlos's Poem to review?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by donifez(m): 10:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
yuzjet:

With this remaining time frame, should we continue the class as we still have Harlos's Poem to review?
The ball is in your court, am just a student.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
With this remaining time frame, should we
continue the class as we still have Harlos's
Poem to review?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
donifez:

The ball is in your court, am just a student.

Sorry Sir, I must have quoted u unknowingly. Mind u, am still a learner too! wink
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Qaisar1:

Ok... So we (readers) are free to create different themes from a poem.

'Kul'

That's one of the beauties of Poetry.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by firestar(f): 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
Speaking personally, one of the delights of writing and reading poetry has been the way it enriches my experience of sensual world, alerting me to things that would otherwise go unobserved. For me every poem is an act of retrieval, an attempt to record the transient. So now, in signing out of the class, good night.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 10:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
Before I sign out as my partner, I will add to what he said. Some may fail, but the very fact an attempt has been made seems to me a positive to set against mortality. With his observation, I seem to be moving into the realm of general meanings myself, but perhaps that's because I believe that everythings about Poetry is important enough to deserve its capital P after all. Till the next class, thanks, donifez, Gloria, buqqi, Qaisar and others. Long live NPC!!! Goodnight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 10:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
On behalf of my unique self, will like to draw down the curtain on tonight's class. Big thanks to my humble partner Cisse7575.

And to all those that were present here tonight. Humbly mentioning Donifez, Qaisar1, Jigsawkillah, Texanomally, Buqqui & Gloriaz and some invisible mates.

Long live NPC!

2 Likes

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
to my partner, I say a BIG THANK YOU SIR Professor Yuzjet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Buqqui: 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
What a Class!
What a lesson!
Thanks Prof. Yuzjet and Prof. cisse7575
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Buqqui:
What a Class!
What a lesson!

Ain't any Prof ooo. Please, just call me yuzjet!
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Qaisar1:

*waves uncontrollably *

Lol...hello

Sorry I had to go. I came back to read.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 11:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
Buqqui:
Grabs a sit by Texanomaly.
So excited to see her.
Qaisar1. Hallo!
gloriaz. hi!
Hi. Guys. Had to leave and come back to read.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 1:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Buqqui:
What a Class!
What a lesson!
thanks sister, we are ur students,

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 1:03am On Mar 27, 2015
texanomaly:

Hi. Guys. Had to leave and come back to read.
glad you came. Thanks even though you never write us a poetry where you use an object
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 4:29am On Mar 27, 2015
cisse7575:
glad you came. Thanks even though you never write us a poetry where you use an object
undecided
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by harlos: 7:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Hello class
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2015
harlos:
Hello class
brother, me and my partner wanted to discuss your poem theme yesterday, but time us always against us. We may try to do that in our next class.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by harlos: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2015
cisse7575:
brother, me and my partner wanted to discuss your poem theme yesterday, but time us always against us. We may try to do that in our next class.
thanks brother. I'll try my possible best to to here.

Ts my pleasure.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2015
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by JigsawKillah(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
cisse7575:
The assignment for this week has been posted https://www.nairaland.com/2151923/nairaland-poetry-club-weekly-assignments#32117638

cc: yuzjet honjonbright harlos sessyjee firestar timpaker oma4u noble4d Gladdys everestdebliu Texanomaly gloriaz Laykorn buqqui Qaisar1 donifez Oahray

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Getting down now from our Audi, Yusjet, the Audi owner wait for me to get down first before locking his car's door. We dart into the class together. 'Where is Everest and other?' I said, asking the seated students, none answer. I pick a chalk ABD move to the blackboard.

Today, we will finish the topic we've been discussing 'Using Object In Poetry' and move to the next topic in the next class. Just as Yuzjet's Poem was studied last class, Harlos's Poem shall be the Poem of Study tonight. Sit tight and relax as we take u all to another journey in the beauties of Poetry Lesson.

Therefore, today's topic will be tagged 'Using Object In Poetry, Part 4'

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by yuzjet(m): 9:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
INTRODUCTION:
Beginning to write a poetry is a process of learning to look at the world differently. To be able to construct vivid, believable narratives when using an object in poetry, a poet needs to develop a sharp eye for the details in the world around then, details that are often easy to miss in the hustle and bustle of everyday living.

The creative aspects of a poem are the point at which theme and the poetic devices begin to take on their shape, where the poem starts to come alive in the mind of the reader. It is here, in the cement of a text that a poem will stand or fall. It is not just any theme a poet looks for when using an object, it is the theme and the poetic devices that must of course be ONE.

cc: yuzjet honjonbright harlos sessyjee firestar
timpaker oma4u noble4d Gladdys everestdebliu
Texanomaly gloriaz Laykorn buqqui Qaisar1
donifez Oahray

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Buqqui: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Picks a seat towards the back.
I tire no be small.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (61) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.