Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web (1183 Views)

Website Of Punch Newspaper Finally Hacked / For The Webmaster Of Nairaland. / Who Is The "webmaster" Of Nassnig.org? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by yawatide(f): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2008
To Whom it May Concern, FYI: http://www.punchontheweb.com/

For the past 3 days now, I have been asked to enter a username/password whenever I visit the site. This never happened at any time this year. Moreover, if I hit "cancel", the prompt goes away and I can still browse the site thus, making it even more confusing as to why I am asked to enter the info in the first place.

Do I hear someone say, "why bother?". I beg to disagree. If a username/password is required, so be it and I will comply. Having said that, if all I have to do is hit "cancel" and it goes away, why bother asking for the info in the first place.

As I said, just an FYI.
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by IBEXY(m): 12:14pm On Dec 07, 2008
Most naija websites are like that - dead features all over the place.
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by niyyie(m): 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2008
Living outside 9ja, I rely on news websites for news from Nigeria. Unfortunately, most of the leading newspapers' websites are either disfuntional or poorly designed. sad
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by dayotee2(m): 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2008
Thanks yawa for bringing this up,

I would have posted a reply since but needed to have confirmed the problem solved before posting anything.

Am not sure am suppose to do this (since am no longer managing the punch website).

I didn't see the issue as a BIG problem (since it happen often on my system and had stopped it using a simply browser config) until I read your post and I immediately alerted my colleague on how to fix the problem and am happy to tell you the problem has been fix, well its all server config issue but its been fixed now sha.

thanks for the info.

Regards

Temidayo
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by yawatide(f): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2008
I didn't see the issue as a BIG problem
Maybe not BIG but definitely ANNOYING tongue

Am not sure am suppose to do this
I think you should. It letz them know that ppl are actually visiting the site. I would too wink

happy to tell you the problem has been fix
Yes, I forgot to update the post. I haven't seen the issue again. Sorry about that. Considering you helped them fix it as a non-employee, perhaps they should hire you as a consultant wink

Thanks for following up this issue on my, and perhaps others, behalf.
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by bug24(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2008
Well, this same thing happened to me on Globacom website, i got a prompt to login, i was confused, did i click on a login anything?

Abi na webmail i wan check? i had to look well at the address to make sure it wasnt a page for my webmail.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by dayotee2(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2008
Thanks yawa for your response.

yawa-ti-de:

Maybe not BIG but definitely ANNOYING  tongue

I agree with you my brother. That is the problem with us "developers", we always think people are as techy as we are but we are always wrong.

Considering you helped them fix it as a non-employee, perhaps they should hire you as a consultant

well am very close to the family and if I didn't tell you have left, you will think am still an employee but am happy running my own firm now and doing what I love doing "adding value to cooperation".

thank you for keeping us on our toes ,   grin
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by yawatide(f): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2008
dayotee2,

Based on your professionalism, I know you will succeed, if you haven't already. The last time I alerted the forum of problems with Punch (having to do with punchng.com and punchontheweb.com serving the same files as well as the former being flagged for a virus by FF), I almost got chewed by one of the "developers". In fact, the person even went as far as saying that uploading the same content to 2 separate urls, as opposed to redirecting traffic from one to the other, wasn't a big deal.

Thanks once again.
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by dayotee2(m): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2008
thanks yawa,

yawa-ti-de:

Based on your professionalism, I know you will succeed, if you haven't already.  The last time I alerted the forum of problems with Punch (having to do with punchng.com and punchontheweb.com serving the same files as well as the former being flagged for a virus by FF), I almost got chewed by one of the "developers".  In fact, the person even went as far as saying that uploading the same content to 2 separate urls, as opposed to redirecting traffic from one to the other, wasn't a big deal.

Thanks once again.

Thank for your kind words, you sure have pleansant ways with words.

please share that forum post link with me, I will like to read the thread but I have a kind of feeling of "who" the developer in question can be. I can remember your post on punch when the server of was hacked and this ,

Regards
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by yawatide(f): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
Yep it was the one that had to do with them being hacked:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-164883.0.html
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by dayotee2(m): 2:07am On Dec 10, 2008
ok yawa, I have seen that thread.

The guy "sanyaele" is a good guy, a brilliant developer, fun to work with and creative in his dealings and I respect him a lot. I want to believe is just under heavy pressure as at the time of the thread and should have stayed away from public commenting on the issue, since punch has refuse to address the press or make public comment on the issue, he has since been corrected anyway.
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by yawatide(f): 4:44am On Dec 10, 2008
I like your style dayo. Perhaps you should be in public relations as opposed to web dev? tongue
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by smartsoft(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2008
lol dude knows web industry there is alotta money in it, thats if you know your onions well ooo
Re: To The Webmaster Of Punch On The Web by dayotee2(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2008
thanks yawa,

You make me laugh, dont you think am in public relation already? how do u think I will relate with clients if I dont build my communication skill? well for me, I believe am equally doing public relation as a web developer because, every website is a public image of any cooperation and its should be part of public relation industry , if you know what i mean.

@smart

I dont think there is as much money in web dev as there is in public relation , if u know ur way sha.

(1) (Reply)

Vb.net Crystal Report Deployment Problem / Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Rip Videos / I Need A Good Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.