Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! (8969 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by edwife(f): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

For where? His own UK story version sef might be from Facebook, nairaland and denied visa application grin

4 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by cococandy(f): 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

For where? His own UK story version sef might be from Facebook, nairaland and denied visa application grin
lol@denied visa application.

Chilli this guy is a "seasoned" traveller. Didn't you hear he's going to the netherlands neantherdals for conference next week. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by edwife(f): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
cococandy:

Chilli this guy is a "seasoned" traveller. Didn't you hear he's going to the netherlands neantherdals for conference next week. cheesy

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by gidjah(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
edwife:

where in the SA did you live? undecided so if you live in hilbrow,berea or yeoville,you expect a good accommodation ? undecided

Money my friend answers all,when next you travel make sure you have enough money and don't go around expecting people to lodge you.Any where in the world is like that,everyone needs their privacy!

A decent 2 bedrooms flat in a townhouse in Randburg is 350 Rands,so what is there? undecided
i kinda get u maam,but i didnt go for fun or tourism rather for int olympiad prog,a friend stays in d heart of soweto while i stayed in J/bourg.stayed there for some 10months but i can authoritatively tell you that place is still more friendly than the almighty UK!WHERE every one is always on the run to make some extra money to keep.i have bin to mary land [US]that country is also far more friendly than our U K, pls do u have any reason why it seem that way ?
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by marieolae(f): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
to be honest,, this story is very hard to believe.
Considering how hard it is to successfully complete a visa application,, no man in his right sense would do such a thing. For love or not, it sounds absurd.

The story doesn't match up.

2 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
cococandy:

Seasoned traveller that knows only babymamas and squatters. Dont mind him Na clothe him dey go buy for him shop for alaba. He needs to stock up this season
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by cococandy(f): 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
^^^^ lol
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by Emmerlee(m): 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kimoni:
I got some issues with this post -

1. Why would the man resign when his visa application has not been granted? Who does that in this age? Even the embassy will tell you not to buy your ticket until your visa is approved.

2. Why would the girl, as smart as she is supposed to be, tell lies that carry no weight and can be easily verified? The one that baffles me most is saying you came to Nigeria to look for him but he had relocated. Isn't that easily verifiable from her passport??

Finding it hard to believe this story!

Dude, not everyone will come online and type a pretty long epistle for the sake of deceiving people. It's unfortunate I didn't come online to reply you on time and now your fellow 'doubters' have started leaving their signatures on this thread.

Now to answer your questions, when the guy resigned from his current work I asked him the same questions.. Why would anyone resign his job to seek out another option that wasn't even close to sure? he simply rubbed it off telling me him and his wife already have it all worked out! Well I guess I'm not supposed to probe at this supposed secret arrangement especially given his unusual confidence at the time. One thing I noticed however is that shortly after the Visa application failed (within 2 months) he was already on another job! I have a feeling he had another arrangement in place in case the visa application failed. He's pretty connected anyway.. I haven't really seen him out of job for a long time since I met him.

As for the second question, the girl obviously hurriedly prepared the divorce letter in connivance with his mother without thinking it through properly. I would have doubted the guy if I didn't see the letter myself. This was why I asked him to counter the allegations of this babe in court and follow it through to conclusion since he has all the required evidence to nail her totally! One thing though, the divorce letter was dated June xx 2014 while the guy received it in November 2014. It's possible that the original game plan was to make it appear as if the letter was sent long ago but the hubby had refused to acknowledge receipt or respond. Whichever lawyer the babe and her mother used to prepare that document was probably interested in getting paid and not in helping them put together a powerful argument. I haven't seen the guy in a few weeks now (he traveled outta Lagos) but of course when we see again I'm sure there will be a whole new update on the matter.

@ All, Thanks for all your responses.. I'm kinda busy and will not be able to follow this thread bumper to bumper as expected. I will however try as much as possible to respond and update y'all as much as I can.

4 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by edwife(f): 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
gidjah:
i kinda get u maam,but i didnt go for fun or tourism rather for int olympiad prog,a friend stays in d heart of soweto while i stayed in J/bourg.stayed there for some 10months but i can authoritatively tell you that place is still more friendly than the almighty UK!WHERE every one is always on the run to make some extra money to keep.i have bin to mary land [US]that country is also far more friendly than our U K, pls do u have any reason why it seem that way ?

Where did you stay in Joburg or UK?

In joburg,life for blacks is not so great unless you have a decent job and a stable income...live in a white man town,like Sandton,Rose bank,randburg,and so on you will have no problem with that.Do you expect a tsotsi in townships like soweto or alexandra to be friendly with you?when they accuse you of taking their women and dealing in drugs? undecided

In the Uk,people choose how they want to work,if you want to make big money,like greedy type then you work overtime.People normally work 7-5 pm and make decent money,live in decent accommodation.Its also depends where you are working...Macdonald,tesco,Bank,firm....
so have your paper and everyone will be friendly cheesy including the neighbor's cat... cool cool

Even in Nigeria,there are places that are not friendly-it has nothing to do with UK or SA

2 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by Kimoni: 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Emmerlee:

Dude, not everyone will come online and type a pretty long epistle for the sake of deceiving people. It's unfortunate I didn't come online to reply you on time and now your fellow 'doubters' have started leaving their signatures on this thread.

Guy, I've seen enough on NL to know that not every story is real no matter how long. If you as his best friend was confused as to why he resigned so fast without the visa in place, how much more mere strangers. I merely expressed my personal issues on the story but if you insist the story is real, who am I to say otherwise?
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by Kimoni: 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

The guy man no get work. The Op no wan talk true. Yeye story.

In sambarry voice

Nextttttt smiley

NL for show! cheesy
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by sunnshyn(f): 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
edwife:

where in the SA did you live? undecided so if you live in hilbrow,berea or yeoville,you expect a good accommodation ? undecided

Money my friend answers all,when next you travel make sure you have enough money and don't go around expecting people to lodge you.Any where in the world is like that,everyone needs their privacy!

A decent 2 bedrooms flat in a townhouse in Randburg is 350 Rands,so what is there? undecided

350 Rands per minute or hour edwife? I guess that was an error..
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by edwife(f): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
sunnshyn:

350 Rands per minute or hour edwife? I guess that was an error..

add a zero,my mistake....
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by bebe2(f): 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
lafflaff123:
There are a lot of reasons i do not, i repeat respect any female living in the UK , be them married or not and stories like this tends to make me be a firm believer on my stance.

Years ago, as a student in London. My next door neighbor left her husband in Nigeria to come school in the UK and she moved in with another who happens to be a barber in the South East part, why? i could never tell. Somebody asked a question that why do females act this way when they are in the UK? and the answer my friend is simple, ACCOMMODATION and MONEY but mostly ACCOMMODATION.

At least 4 Squatted with me at different times, but mostly school mates.( did not take advantage of any)

Until you live or visit the UK then you will know what this guys go through just to sleep, and that is why when i see their comments here on NL saying they live in the UK i just laugh, i mean this UK people dey sleep like SARDINE(packed like refugees)in one place.

So, if a lady who usually when they come at first, stay with friends or family(PEOPLE IN THE UK ARE NOTORIOUS FOR NOT LIKING VISITORS WHO STAY FOR LONG) then after sometime, and this usually happens, the host or hostess usually look for reasons to kick them out and the next thing they have no option than to move in with that man that has been toasting them, and the husbands in Nigeria are always the last to know.

For the married women in London? don't know if its the cold or because the husbands work 4 jobs, or just even the fact the men cant satisfy the women. But this women love their husbands on one hand and their toyboys on the other hand. There are some party halls on OLD KENT ROAD, not far from the Millwall Stadium where every weekend Nigerians patronize for party, on any given weekend, i promise you that you can go home with two or 3 different Nigerian married women.

And this the OP is sadly the life of Nigerian women living in the UK.

Your friend sadly, should not have allowed his wife to go outside the country for further studies considering the fact she is young, even the older ones still have twitchy private parts, let alone young girls.

3 weeks ago, i visited Nigeria for a business trip and flew locally from Lagos to Port Harcourt. The lady seated close to me looked like she was in her 50's and out of politeness i said hi. She asked me why i did not pray before the flight took off? i told her it does not matter if i pray or not, and that we all will die if the plane crashes anyway, prayers or not.

We started talking as good neighbors and at the end of the flight i got to know she is 62, married, has grown kids and we exchanged contacts, i exchanged contacts with her because she is somehow affiliated with what brought me to Nigeria and i could do with some contacts. But her calls and other conversations for some strange reasons usually gets back to my girlfriends, wives, my bedroom and stuff like that. I get the message, and she is 62 for God sake. She just told me today she is visiting the US next month and so its time for me to CHANGE my number.

That is a 62 year old woman, so imagine what these young married women will do when they are not with their husbands.

well, depends on the area and persons u associate with.

i dont recognise this uk, and these married women u r talking about undecided

3 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by bebe2(f): 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2014
lafflaff123:
lol UK(Ajegunle) women fighting back.

Last post on this thread, make i find lunch go.

Will be in the Netherlands for a conference in some weeks and since i have like 4 days to burn, will jump into the UK for old time sake,and try to take some pictures too to capture the live's you people live there, especially you this ONE ROOM WIVES/BABY MAMA'S.

Peace.

stop fooling ursef,

we all dont have live in nigeria or live according to ur rules.

everything wey u talk now , na only u be witness. u lie o, u true o, u forge o
na between u n ur conscience.

and, if a 62yr old woman dey try bed u, dat say something about ur person.

i wudnt broadcast that.

2 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by bukatyne(f): 12:00am On Dec 16, 2014
@OP:

Sad story

The heart of man/woman is desperately wicked. How did she feign love for all those years when she was just interested in travelling out?

Like Yorubas would say 'It is better to have a bad wife than bad inlaws'

1 Like

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by okotv(m): 12:16am On Dec 16, 2014
one of those stories that touches the heart...instead of just deep thinking and making comments where necessary, our foreign ladies took over the thread.

women can't just change, home or abroad

my thoughts though

5 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by dahmie2013: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Dats quite a story.
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by gidjah(m): 9:07am On Dec 16, 2014
edwife:

Where did you stay in Joburg or UK?

In joburg,life for blacks is not so great unless you have a decent job and a stable income...live in a white man town,like Sandton,Rose bank,randburg,and so on you will have no problem with that.Do you expect a tsotsi in townships like soweto or alexandra to be friendly with you?when they accuse you of taking their women and dealing in drugs? undecided

In the Uk,people choose how they want to work,if you want to make big money,like greedy type then you work overtime.People normally work 7-5 pm and make decent money,live in decent accommodation.Its also depends where you are working...Macdonald,tesco,Bank,firm....
so have your paper and everyone will be friendly cheesy including the neighbor's cat... cool cool

Even in Nigeria,there are places that are not friendly-it has nothing to do with UK or SA

i am not d travelling type ma,and even do not much fancy staying in a foreign land,but by d mercies of god upon my life i hav had to compulsorily go to some of thisplaces.may be we should advice our people going out to imbibe d spirit of decency and truthfulness and patriotism.this will in turn give them peace of mind and bring honour to their nation.do not forget where this my reply came from,it started from where d lady got to uk and changed her attitude for bad.i wouldnt hav had to spew most of all i said on this forum.i am a bit of an introvert at speech.GOD BLES U MA
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by bebe2(f): 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
gidjah:
i am not d travelling type ma,and even do not much fancy staying in a foreign land,but by d mercies of god upon my life i hav had to compulsorily go to some of thisplaces.may be we should advice our people going out to imbibe d spirit of decency and truthfulness and patriotism.this will in turn give them peace of mind and bring honour to their nation.do not forget where this my reply came from,it started from where d lady got to uk and changed her attitude for bad.i wouldnt hav had to spew most of all i said on this forum.i am a bit of an introvert at speech.GOD BLES U MA

Dear sir,
She did not change her attitude. the poster states dat she didn't want to come back to Nigeria but wanted her husband to come and be wit her in the UK, am sure she must have tried her best to make the the visa come through . Unfortunately dat didnt happen, so she divorced him.

Wat did u expect her to do? Return to a country she didn't want to live in , be miserable and become a nagging wife? Or stay in the uk and pretend to be married but no husband at hand?

There are no kids in this relationship so she cut him loose.

1 Like

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Sad sad tale. Just unfortunate, you trust someone and you never expect betrayal but it happens. Glad no kids were involved imagine if he also lost his kids.

I say he defends the allegations in court and still go on with the divorce so these allegations dont count against him in future.

1 Like

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by IdomaLikita: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
Similare thing happened to a Family Friend who quit a Lucrative Job in SA to come marry and be with his wife in Abuja here! She vehemently refused to join him in SA.(She has worked in SEC for a while)! What did he get in Return? A Divorce for reasons too spurious to post here!
Its not about the Location, its about the Selfishness which many women are wise enough to keep Recessive but fools allow to become Dominant parts of them!
My Advice?
Since he has some money to throw around and is free! Challenge the matter in Court and try to prolong the case as long as possible! If she gets married again, instigate a case of Bigamy against her (to ruffle her own marital bliss a bit too), then clear your name and move on!

PS: Diaspora women don dey support the woman now because na Woman do the Ditching! If na Man now, una go begin rain insults on am!
LaffLaff! Preach jare!!!

5 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by Blackvampire(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Look at some the trash women on this trend are talking trash am sure if it was a man at fault they would have being called dogs women and their hypocrisy nonsense..unstable beings

1 Like

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by gidjah(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
bebe2:

Dear sir,
She did not change her attitude. the poster states dat she didn't want to come back to Nigeria but wanted her husband to come and be wit her in the UK, am sure she must have tried her best to make the the visa come through . Unfortunately dat didnt happen, so she divorced him.

Wat did u expect her to do? Return to a country she didn't want to live in , be miserable and become a nagging wife? Or stay in the uk and pretend to be married but no husband at hand?

There are no kids in this relationship so she cut him loose.
sister,if you happened to be this person,would you take d same 'nice'step she took?knowing fully well the level of impact the young man you profess to love has had on u?
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by bebe2(f): 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
gidjah:
sister,if you happened to be this person,would you take d same 'nice'step she took?knowing fully well the level of impact the young man you profess to love has had on u?

I see ur point, he must be heart broken.

But dats life, he will get over it.

At least she didnt string him along for 10yrs wit her having children for another man he thinking he still has a wife in uk not knowing she has long monved on.

Things dont always happen d way we plan them.

Pple fall in and out of love every day.

The difference is in naija they will string u along. date 3 guys at the same time, marry wife join wife etc.

Why not release the other person so they can move on.
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by donodion(m): 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
blaise26abj:
There is something about UK that I can't seem to understand. This kind of story seems to be the end result of MOST that venture into that geographical location as bf/gf or hubby/wife.

The poor guy shld let go and pursue his career diligently. His happiness is paramount. OP, since you are single, go and stay with him during this trying time. It will boost his Morale

PS- I almost dated a girl with marriage in mind until my close friend told me " his mind doesn't agree with the babe" and I restrained myself for further observation. Alas I saw her true xter soon after. My point? Op shld have told his friend directly his concerns.

Precisely.My ex once took me to both her parents and introduced as "oga to be".Family introductions were done...guess what, as soon as she got UK visa...she revealed true self.Ol boy...i was mesmerized.
But here now is fate...she got into UK..pursued her masters..got a nice job...But no decent bobo to settle down with.When she comes to Naija...she runs from one mountain to another,one prayer house to another...seeking "solution" to her marriageless situation.grin

When a man is made and peppeh rest well well...forget....beta woman wey fine pass the old babe go surface.Na so life be.

4 Likes

Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by donodion(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
IdomaLikita:
Similare thing happened to a Family Friend who quit a Lucrative Job in SA to come marry and be with his wife in Abuja here! She vehemently refused to join him in SA.(She has worked in SEC for a while)! What did he get in Return? A Divorce for reasons too spurious to post here!
Its not about the Location, its about the Selfishness which many women are wise enough to keep Recessive but fools allow to become Dominant parts of them!
My Advice?
Since he has some money to throw around and is free! Challenge the matter in Court and try to prolong the case as long as possible! If she gets married again, instigate a case of Bigamy against her (to ruffle her own marital bliss a bit too), then clear your name and move on!

PS: Diaspora women don dey support the woman now because na Woman do the Ditching! If na Man now, una go begin rain insults on am!
LaffLaff! Preach jare!!!

My guy...abeg no vex...could this dude you talking be a yoruba guy now currently got an offer with an oil firm in Naija?cos Just last week sunday we went to pay lobola for his God sent South African wifey...No need to mention names....just confirm or otherwise pls.
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by IdomaLikita: 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
donodion:

My guy...abeg no vex...could this dude you talking be a yoruba guy now currently got an offer with an oil firm in Naija?cos Just last week sunday we went to pay lobola for his God sent South African wifey...No need to mention names....just confirm or otherwise pls.

Lolzzzzz! No bros! My Guy is Jukun from Taraba State!
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by widowhusband: 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
Im thanking providence no child is caught up in this, hope am right.Young man let her go,but next time ...
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by donodion(m): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Lolzzzzz! No bros! My Guy is Jukun from Taraba State!

Oh ok.Cos this our paddy...na one of those that use to brag "i can marry foreigner,i cant marry southy"...after he spent big on his naija wife and got her permit to come here...the babe don already dey do kerewawa with anoda naija man in Abuja.
To cut long tori..she divorce old boy...d guy nearly ran mad.

Today if u see his Southy babe.....hmmmmm...ground get levels abeg.
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by IdomaLikita: 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
donodion:

Oh ok.Cos this our paddy...na one of those that use to brag "i can marry foreigner,i cant marry southy"...after he spent big on his naija wife and got her permit to come here...the babe don already dey do kerewawa with anoda naija man in Abuja.
To cut long tori..she divorce old boy...d guy nearly ran mad.

Today if u see his Southy babe.....hmmmmm...ground get levels abeg.

That is Woman for you! Thank God he has moved on!
Re: Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later! by gidjah(m): 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pple fall in and out of love every day.

The difference is in naija they will string u along. date 3 guys at the same time, marry wife join wife etc.

Why not release the other person so they can move on.
[/quote]thanks for getting my point,you need to know why i am so passionate about this young mans case. I have bin a victim of a womans deceit just like this one.i went tru alot just to ensure she is always comfortable wit all d good things she will ever need. But at last she said she has gotten another person.had to move on wit my life o.uptill date she is still single.i weep for her over that wrong step she took.i have never loved another lady like her even till date.na only God go save us from heart break both from men and women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Back To School: Readjusting To ‘Normal’ Sleep Schedule / Ladies Shoes Shop / Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.