Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Please Someone Explain The Whole Degree Admission Process - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Someone Explain The Whole Degree Admission Process (624 Views)

I Saw This In My Student's Note Book Today. Who Can Explain Please? (photo) / See The Two Words No Dictionary Can Explain The Difference Between Them. / Oau Pre Degree Admission 2013/2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Someone Explain The Whole Degree Admission Process by cabcaz: 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello everyone and thanks for reading.

I am heading back to Nigeria after many years away and will like to know the whole University pre degree process. My son who will be applying for a degree in 2016 and I want to know if things are still the same as they were back in the 80's. Back then all we did was apply through jamb and select the universities we wanted.

Now reading all the posts I read stuff about paying for pre-degree form offered by universities Why will you do this when you apply through jamb?

Also is it still called JAMB?

Then I read about something called UTME - Not sure if that's the spelling

Also how do people find information on all universities and courses? Is there a central website to go to?

And finally I will appreciate it if someone could just explain the steps a 15 year old will need to take to gain University.

Thanks

God Bless
Re: Please Someone Explain The Whole Degree Admission Process by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
cabcaz:

I am heading back to Nigeria after many years away and will like to know the whole University pre degree process. My son who will be applying for a degree in 2016 and I want to know if things are still the same as they were back in the 80's. Back then all we did was apply through jamb and select the universities we wanted.

Now reading all the posts I read stuff about paying for pre-degree form offered by universities Why will you do this when you apply through jamb?

Also how do people find information on all universities and courses? Is there a central website to go to?

And finally I will appreciate it if someone could just explain the steps a 15 year old will need to take to gain University.

Thanks

God Bless

.yea.he wil apply 4 jamb and choose 1 uni,1 poly,1 colege of edu.he wil choose d course he want an skul.and select right subject combination for his course..UTME is d name of exam dey wil do and is conduct by jamb.
Re: Please Someone Explain The Whole Degree Admission Process by simba1: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
cabcaz:

Also how do people find information on all universities and courses? Is there a central website to go
He can start by doing pre-degree to broaden his chance. due to the competition. here are sum of the unis still selling pre-degree forms
Re: Please Someone Explain The Whole Degree Admission Process by simba1: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
1. IMO STATE UNIVERSITY. 2. NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA. ETC. by the way, what's his prospective course and where is ur base in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic Auchi Releases SES 1st Batch Admission List / Full LLM Scholarship: Deadline Approaching / The New Coca-cola Advert; Has It Increased The Company's Profit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.